Maternal & Child Community
How long after Progesterone supplements will period start?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I don't ovulate often or get my period very much, so my fertility specialist RN person put me on progesterone for 10 days to induce menstration before starting Clomid. I stopped on Friday, and it is now Monday night and no sign of a period. Does anyone know how long after the progesterone the period is supposed to happen? Did I do something wrong? This is so frustrating! I feel like I know nothing and can get nothing from the RN...
I have used this medication for the same reason and I am on it at the moment. I normally get a period within about 2-7 days. It will come.
I usally got mine 5 days after the end of the pills. Don't be surprised if it's more painful then ever before. When you don't shed the lining it builds up and can be more painful since it's thick
this is my first month to be on it, but my doctor has said it can take 7-10 days for your period to start.  today is day 10 since stopping it for me, so we will see.  i actually felt like i might be ovulating (which i know is not possible) but have been taking OPK tests anyway.  over the past 4 days they progressively got darker until yesterday and today i had positive ones.  but my HPTs have all been negative.  who knows whats going on! maybe i havent started yet because I'm pregnant?????
I am going on my 7th pill and still haven't had my period yet either. Anyone know if it makes a difference if you haven't had your period for a year and half cause of hormone treatments. My doctor gave me 2 choices have a baby or have a hysterectomy just hope that I am not messed up cause we are going to try to have a baby.
I just finished my last pill on Sunday Aug 3 and I'm still waiting for AF. Haven't had her for almost 3 months now. I'm hoping she'll be here anyday. I know it sounds weird but I just really want to get this ball rolling. I want a baby and right now she's the only thing from stopping me to continue my treatments. The DR told me I had to be patient but I just can't seem to wait!! The only difference between me and some of you is I only took Provera for 5 days. Most of you have taken it for 10.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!

******~~~~~~LOTS OF BABY DUST TO US ALL~~~~~~~~*********

Age: 24
TTC: 1 1/2 years
Meds: Provera & soon Clomid
Hoping for BFP!!!!!!!
I am not sure if I am doing this right I am new to this website.
I feel the same about wanting to get the ball rolling. My doctor told me I don't have much time to decide what I want to do. I have endo. really bad and he thinks it is growing in my upper abdomen also but since I just had surgery in Feb. he doesn't want to do another one. I have had 2 previous to that. But he said that pregnancy is the best thing that I could do I am only 23 yrs old and a hysterectomy is the very last thing on my mind. Just wish the pain wasn't so bad.
I stopped having my period out fo nowhere. ive had it my whole life normally. I am on this medicine. its only day 5. I actually miss my period. this is scary. 3 months missed period and all negative pregnancy tests and I gained about 10lbs. so stressful. I hope this medicine works!