Maternal & Child Community
How long after a miscarriage until the pregnancy hormones are out of yo...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

How long after a miscarriage until the pregnancy hormones are out of your system

I had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago this coming Thursday. That's when I had my DNC. I was 8 weeks along at that time. I started to have some light cramping and discharge over the weekend and it felt like when I was pregnant. I took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive. I am assuming I still have the pregnancy hormone in me though. Does anyone know how long it takes after a miscarriage before it will not still register on a Home pregnancy test? I thought 4 weeks was enough time but maybe not. We have been practicing VERY safe sex so it would have to be an act of God if I was pregnant.
I think it depends on your body, I have a friend who had hormones upto 6 months after her D&C.  I had a chemical pregnancy and my hormones when down to 0 right away.
I've had three miscarriages.  Each at various stages, partial mole never fully developed, baby girl measured 9 weeks 4 days, and my last baby measured 13 wks 6 days. The first took a bit because of the type of miscarriage it was but the othe two took 30 days exactly.  It is going to be dependent on the type of miscarriage and also on you.

I'm sorry you are going through this.  It is horrible.
I had a natural m/c on 05/05 at 6 weeks, I didn't have a d&c, but when I took a HPT less than 3 weeks later it was already negative. I hope that helps.
Hello! I'm back in Europe for a while and I'm so excited about the world cup!!!

I wish I could help you with more information, but all I know is that everybody is different. My HPT was negative just 19 days after my natural m/c. But sometimes the hormones need longer to go to zero. Try to relax and wait a litle bit before you test again. You are in my prayers!!! Wish you best of luck!
Hi guys,
I had a natural m/c on May 3rd and just Sunday (June 4)  my levels reached 0.  My dr followed them down to 0 for some reason.  We practiced very safe sex b/c my doc wanted us to wait until after 1 AF showed to TTC again.  I think it is usually 4-6 weeks to reach 0 but can be sooner or later, everyone is different.  The only way to know if it is a new pg is if you have your hcg blood taken and it rises instead of drops.
Take care and good luck TTC!  Hopefully we all get sticky BFPs soon!
Hi there Vannessa,
it is so nice to hear from you again, where are you in Europe?
I will do just that, it's just when you see these 2 lines on the HPT even if it's not really dark, it feels just great even if it can not really be possible....Maybe my hormone level is not at 0 yet........Its so exciting, and thank god the World Cup starts on Friday it will take my mind of things. So how is your planning going? Are you too TTC?
Hi everybody and greetings from the host of the World Cup - Germany, for those of you that are football fans. Anyway nice to see that others have the same question.......
I had a m/c three weeks to the day ago and was woundering the same thing the only difference I have not been having safe sex, I said to myself it would be an act of god it I god pg now, the thing is too have done HPT and it came back POSITIVE, could this be that my hormone level is still not normal or could this be a wounder and I just might be pg again.........

Please tell me what you guys think......Please
Hello! I don't know if you are going to read that, because I answer really late, but I'm happy to hear from you again! I'm close to Germany and here everyone is crazy about the championnship. I can not wait for the first game to start!!!
Right now I'm just trying to recover and we'll probably start ttc again somewhere in July. I wish you luck, keep us posted and if you leave me your e-mail I could send you a letter. I remember you already left it some time ago, but I couldn't find it. Take care and best wishes, Vanesa
I had a miscarriage in April. I was 7 weeks when I had the D&C. We waited a month to start trying again. This month was when we started trying and I felt changes in my breasts very quickly after I ovulated similar to the changes I felt when I became pregnant. There is even fluid (I think colostrum)in my nipples. I took one of those early pregnancy tests because I am dying and it came back negative. Does anyone know if these breast changes could be from residual hormones? I know I tested a little early but when I was pregnant I did and it was positive. I NEED to be pregnant again. I feel like it is the only way to move on from this. Does anyone have any thoughts?
It has been 3 year sine I have had a DNC and know that I have a hubusb .We have been trying to have a baby for about 5 mouth and nothing has happen. I feel like when I get my DNC they miss me up for life and that I can't have kids Of should i just wait long and see how thing or . I feel that the doctor that did my DNC miss me up .B/C when I have my mouth for two day i hurt like you would not belive i have to  sit still and not move at all. And my period last for 10day and that is not right .Can anybody tell me why that is happen to me
I would ask your Dr.  I know that it takes awhile to to get your body back to normal, but 3 years is pretty long.  I have endometriosis so I do have long periods and they get painful.  10 days is my norm, and that's on the pill.  Set up an appt and see what's going on.  I doubt that the D&C is the reason you are having problems, but maybe they can run some tests and see what's going on.  Good luck.
I have been going back and forth to the doctor and everytime I go to the doctor he keeps telling me that my hormones are goind down dramatically. First it was 24586, then it came down to 14203, then 8986, now it's 2546. My ultrasound came back as everything is normal and there appears to be no problem. I was soooo confused so now I'm never going to go to a doctor. I'm just going to wait and see if I bleed heavy if I do then I've miscarried if not and I get bigger and bigger then I will go back to the doctor. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

Rubyrnile