Maternal & Child Community
How long after conception will a pregnancy test be +????
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long after conception will a pregnancy test be +????

Hi everyone! I was just wondering how long after sex(if i concieved) would it take for a home pregnancy test to be positive? Is there ANY possible chance that a pregnancy test would come up + only 3 days after sex or would i have had to be pregnant before that???
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm no dr. but I think 3 days after conception would be too soon to show a positive on a HPT.  Once the egg and sperm meet and form a little baby, it still has to travel and implant in your uterus and then it would start producing the hormone that HPT's detect.  That in itself would take atleast 3 days, so if you get a positive now, I would guess that you were already pregnant.  Just my opinion, though.
Blank
Honey plz be patient, it's going to take about 10-12 days for you to get a positive blood test, so if you want to go to the doctor in the next two weeks you would most likely get a positive blood test, if you are.  Now for a hpt, give it about 3 weeks to get a confirmed result.  So don't rush it, just take your prenatals and folic acid and all that.  But don't occupy your mind with it...it will happen when it's time. The more you stress and wonder the more unlikely you will conceive.
Blank
We conceive about the 11th Feb and got the 1st feint positive on 28th feb, so 13 days
Blank
Impalantation occurs 6-12 days past ovulation. It then takes at least 48 hrs from implantation for enough hcg to build up to be detected on an hpt. Therefore, the earliest you could get a + would be 8dpo but it's most accurate by 14 dpo/the day AF is due.
Blank
1918174_tn?1322494170
I'm 16 my first time having sex was on the 26th of November, we used a condom but it broke right when he cummed, i took a birth control pill right after we had sex my friend said that it would kill the sperm cells right away.....  Do most people get pregnant on their first time?
Blank
1930408_tn?1323192306
Hi  im Haley i am 22 i have pcos im 5.7 and 141kg i have a 2year old boy , i have had 18misscarrages and recently went 11months with no bleeding and 9weeks and 5days of bleeding and has stopped again no bleeding for 4weeks and 3days now im trying to become pregnant again i know i ovulate with no periods every month but im curies to know cause i don't get a period and i only get one every 334 days and then bleed 9weeks and 5days when would i take a hpt to know if am or not thanks
ps been to dr waiting on bloods to come back
for my hole pregnancy with my son i got a reg period every month till he was born , Golden-***@****
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...