Maternal & Child Community
How long after sex does implantation occur?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am just curious how long after sex can implantation occur?  My husband and I had sex about a week ago and a few days ago I had some pink cm, I didn' t know if it was possibly implantation or maybe just from having sex and still having some left over blood from m/c or just getting ready to ovulate? I know this sounds stupid, but I didn't know who else to ask, THanks K
Implantation happens about 6-9 days after ovulation. So if you ovulated when you had sex or right after, it could very well be implantation bleeding....
Hey i have a question if anyone will answer it for me that would be nice. im kinda scared. i woke up this morning and i was fine. about 1/2hr later somewhere around my bladder started hurting. if you were wonder yes i have had sex w/my boy friend. but ive been having to go to the bathroom alot. the last time i went a lil bit of blood came out. i was wondering if this was implantation. my last period started on the 11 and ended around the 17.
Many times frequent urination, blood in your urine, trouble initiating a stream of urine and pain urinating are a sign of a UTI.  Sometimes UTIs can be caused by frequent intercourse.  One of the ways to prevent UTIs from frequent intercourse is to urinate soon after to help flush out any bacteria that may have entered your urethra during sexual activities.

Because we don't know from your post when you had intercourse it is hard to say if this blood may be implantation bleeding.

The only way to know if you have a UTI, are pregnant or if something else is going on is to visit your GYN or Primary care provider.

Good Luck!

I had unprotected sex about a week ago he pulled out b4 he came and a day after we had sex i noticed blood in my panties this has been goin on all week even up to today I just was wondering if anyone has any idea as to why this is? could it be implantation bleeding or period or w/e Ive always been irregular missing it some months getting my period early and late so i really dont know and really would like someones advice on thiss
I'm 37 I have been trying to conceive unsuccessfully. I had light spotting during ovulation then it stopped completely. Then 6 days later light spotting again could this finally be implantation bleeding.
Also I was so nauseated the night before the light spotting.
I take prenatal vitamins everyday and clonazepam for anxiety when should I stop now or when I have a positive pregnancy test. I cannot sleep without medicine.
Please help me.
hi there, I have also been trying for baby #2 and have very irregular periods so they put me on hormone therapy just to get my periods regular. After that I still was spotting so it was hard to tell if it was implantation or just spotting, doc told me wait and take a pregnancy test. as for anxiety meds, I am on anti anx meds and while I was preg with my son they changed my meds to a c level[ranked a-d for safety durring pregnancy and nursing]med. though I am not sure what the med you are taking is ranked. Best thing will be to see your doc, ask lots of questions, and express your concerns to them. Hope I helped a little..best wishes
Hi There,
I haven't heard about the hormone therapy... Did you find that it really helped. Are there any side effects?
I've been trying for a little under 3 months and am going crazy. I never had a reg. period so I have no idea how long it really is... been taking test like today and the day before... but still instantly NEG. I ovulate about 10 days ago... My last couple of period were... 35 days apart and then 21 days apart... and now I'm just waiting for the next... I have breast tenderness and cravings... Which are both normal for my period as well as a little fatigue but nothing that seems to be a for sure sign...
Thanks for any help and peace of mind...
LEE
HI, im wondering, i had sex and he came inside of me. its been about 5 days now and im wondering if im experiencing implantation bleeding, the cramping im feeling is different than that of my menstrual cycle cramps. it's between a pink & red color. and i know every woman is different, but already my breasts are feeling really tender & sore. can implantation bleeding get as heavy as my menstrual cycle? i thought i was pregnant before, but he never wnet inside me and i never seen my blood look this color, im only 20, and i dont want my period, can you please give me an anwser?
this would be my first child, and i forgot to add this onto my last question, but im not sure how or if implantation bleeding can get heavy or not.
thank you for anyone who can help me !
hi am ovulating, had sex last night, after about a couple of hrs after urination there was couple of blood drops, red in color... we had sex 4 days back as well...
is it implantation bleeding? i had little abdominal cramp, not severe... but no bleeding afte that.
pls advice. could i be pregnant?
thanks
mrs KG.
I have irregular menses. I've been pregnant once and had a M/c. I have never been on birth control. My last period was Feb 6th - 12th. My fiance and I have had unprotected sex everyday after my period. up unitl Feb 20th. I started bleeding irregularly. Its very little but enough to have to wear a pad. Its not a normal color, its almost orange/pink and sometimes dark brownish/black. could I have ovulated early and this could be implantation ?
I was ovulating on May 10th and had intercourse. Now I'm feeling a lil bloated (tho that could be from slight constipation, I'm trying to rule that one out) but starting TODAY I drank my favorite caffeinated beverage and it tastes different - Almost gross but definitely tastes plain. I always loved those drinks, so i was wondering if this could possible be very early signs of pregnancy. *I really hope so*.

SK511
Okay, well I had unprotected sex the other day and my boyfriend didn't *** inside me but he thinks he did a little. I'm a bit scared. Is there any signs the day after?
I had unprotedcted sex on oct 8th.   I thought my period was starting but just spotting on my pad and pinkish red happens when I wipe.  Not much but not enough that my period usually would produce.  Any thoughts?  Also I had a d & c over a month aago and the hcg levels were down enough and the ultrasoud proved all matters of conception were gone.  Could this be another pregnancy so quick after a miscarriage?
I had unprotected sex twice in a row about a week or two ago. i started bleeding really bad a couple days after we had sex and it lasted for about a week and don't know if it could be implantation bleeding? i don't start my period till next thursday and i have always been regular but my body has been feeling off lately not normal. Im 16 almost 17 and am very scared. PLEASE HELP!!!!1
i had unproteced sex when my period was 2 days late and its was that night when i had sex. oct 24... and the next morning i started spotting.. is it possible to be pregnant or is it possible for implantation bleeding to happen soo fast?? p.s we had unprotected sex for about 2hrs in the night then again in the morning and he came inside me both times.
Implantation spotting does nto occur till the egg and sperm has time to meet and travel down the filopian tube then IMPLANT in the uterus 5-8 days after ovulation. Sperm can live for up to 5 days in good cervical mucus. So you can actually have sex and not O for up to 5 days which means get pregnant 5 days after sex, then it takes another 5-8 days for the baby to reach the uterus and implant then you will have pregnancy symptoms and or spotting and it takes another week or so for a pregnancy test to show up.

You can also spt with ovulation, but like implantation spotting will be only one day and it will be bright pink then brown very quickly and be gone. You would not nessisarily get pregnant the day you have sex, would have no signs of pregnancy the day after,

you really need to learn about your cycles more and the female anatomy. I suggest goign to plan parent hood to find out more or going to fertily friend ******* to learn more. best of luck to the two of you!
hi i came on my period on the 9th of nov and came off on the 14th and 7days later i notice a bit of pinkish discharge and then the next day it went brownish and the same the day after that it only lasted 3 days? is this implantation bleeding i am trying to conceive?
I had sex with my husband 9 days ago, the condom broke. Yesterday I had some colored discharge that i thought might be implantation spotting. 2 days ago i took a preg test but it was negative. i know it was too soon totake the test but the days leading up to taking the test I was feeling many of the same symtoms (symptoms) I experienced in my first pregnancy. So I'm not sure if im preggers or not. I am breastfeeding our son, but he is sleeping through the night, taking milk n bottles, and sucking on a pacifier. Does anyone know what i should do?
Hi, Ladys!
Just little concerned Ihad my last period Feb 27th through Mar 5th. Me and My Guy had sex that very sameday and 2days after that. Yesterday March 8th late afternoon and still this morning Ihave mild cramps and light pink tissue after I wipe. Any Ideas?
What that could be!
Its possible u are pregnant, Im alomost 16 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and i had implantion bleeding, my period was due on dec 19, 10 i started to bleeding on the 13th of dec, it started that monday with lots of cramping on my one side, more than usually, then the following night notice i had started to stop light pink-brown at first it even picked up to a  red color and just a tad bit more than spotting but it was only there when i went to the bathroom it finshed, that only lasted three days i was able to take a pregnancy on the 17th of dec and i had a very clear postiveon a hpt, I ovulated on dec 5th so the implnation didnt come for almost another week and half, take a pregnancy test in a few days use only first morning urine though,I think implantion takes a least a 7-12 days depending how fast the egg can travel to implant, prior to this pregnancy i did have a couple of months were i had break thru bleeding, one time was in july because of a supplment i took from gnc and the other time in oct from way to much stress
Hi im 19 and have had the same bf for about a year now we never use a condom anymore and he has not pulled out a couple of times it's not that i want to get pregnant it's just that im wondering how am i not by now??? is there something wrong with me or him or is it just gods intentions on not the right time im just worrried it could be me???
If you are not trying to get pregnant, then don't being having unprotected sex. In order to get pregnant, you have to have sex close to when you ovulate. Though because you are 19, use protection. Having a baby is a big deal. It's not just some fun thing to carry around, it's another life you are responsible for and babies cost a lot of money.
Me and my husband had unprotected sex March 23-27.  March 26th was 28 days from when my last period started.  I took a pregnancy test today March 30th and it showed negative.  How long after having sex will it show up on a pregnancy test? We had sex after I was suppose to ovulate (14 days after my last period so March 12th).  Do you think I am pregnant and when will I be able to tell?
Hi I'm new I was just wondering I had implanon for about 2 1/2 yrs I just had it taken out about april 14 2011...  we have been using condoms up until may 1 to this day... I experience light bleeding on thurs and fri and it stoped sat may 6... my breast are swollen feeling tender... I'm hungry than usual... always nauseas... would like some advice if anyone is going the same as I am... thnx...
My last period went from april. 24th- May.1
I had intercose with my boyfriend in may.5 and I had a small anout of bleeding 4 days after (May.9th). Could that be from inplantation (implantation)?
I now that is takes 5-8 days after ovulation for the egg to inplant, but this have never hapened before and i am Nervous <3
Hi, I regularly have my period on the 27th of each month. I finished on the 31st of May and then for a week my Boyfriend and I had sex every day at least twice (unprotected) . It is now the 9th Of June and I am having slight spotting and stomach bloatation and cramps, i have been feeling off colour and tired. Do you think this could be signs of pregnancy or something else?
Oka this might sound stupid but im scared and in need of advice. I had unprotected sex about 4weeks ago and he did his busness in me, ive havent had a period in about 2mos now and thats not very normal for me but thats the only time we did anything and nothing before that with anyone. I was on the mirana iud but when i started feeling some pregnancy symptoms and didnt start i tried to find it myself and coundnt feel it at all, i almost hurt myself feeling for it in there so i know i wouldve felt it. Lastnight i started having very light spotting that goes away almost as soon as it starts and its only happend about 3times since. But it didnt start until after i was jumping on a trampoline. Today im having not so much cramping but almost a stretching feeling or light cramps/bloat feeling in my uterus area. I know i need to see a doctor but im scared to hear what theyd say and im broke so i cant go unless i know i really need to. I took a cheap preg test at about 2weeks after sex and it was neg. Does anyone have any ideas or experiance with anything like this?? I dont really want a baby right now but if i am i dont want it to be a misscarrige either. Please reply!
Hi there,

I had unprotected sex some four weeks back.We've noticed that he didn't entered fully wherein he ejaculated it inside. I didnt cleared it out afterwards also. Then it was just 7th day that I had period. now 9 days back I had pinkish brown spots on my panties just once.again yesterday I experienced the same thing.I'm confused if its my regular period or implantation? My cycle is over and its already time that I get my period started.

Could anyone out there please help me out find this!
Hi, I'm Jm and I'm 21. I didnt experience any sexual intercourse eversince until last October 28 my guy and I attempted to do it but i think His thing was not entered properly then we didnt continue it. He had his first ejaculation before we did that. My due date was Last October 18-25.. And Last November 10, i discover a spotting in my undies untiL today but it is not the same with my normal menstruation. Last Nov15 the spotting is heavy and i thought i had my period but days after only same amount came up unlike my normial period.. What is the reason behind that?? Is that already implantation? Did the sperm came into me without even a proper intercourse?? I need an answer.. Please help me. Thank you.
hi... I had sex with my boyfriend with precautions but next day on wards I have fallen sick, feeling like vomit, headache, giddy somewhat uneasy & i have spotting.Is this cause pregnancy??? I am scared please tell me.... My last periods I got is on 1st Nov and we had sex on 14th Nov.... Please reply sooooooon
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 29th of october my peroid of that month ended on the 27th, we wern't trying to get pregnant and he did pull out (sorry if this is tmi!) the following month I was suppose to start my peroid on the 24th(of november) but i got it on the 18th it lasted 5 days and was pinkish the first 2 and brown the other 3 i was wondering if this could be implantation bleeding? my peroid is usually very regular. I'm 19 and i know i should be more causious and informed about this type of thing but I'm just a little nervous, is it too early to take a test?
Are you saying you cant get preg without ovulation, what if you werent ovulating but there had been plenty of cm, 6-8 days implantation will ocur and then i can take a test as early as 9-to some times a little longer, befor itll pick up on a test, Am i right because im trying to figure all this out and everyone has dif answers for every thing lol,
Please help. I had sex with two guys in a two week window frame and now I'm pregnant. The first guy was on february 26t (two weeks before my last period) and the second guy was on march 4th (first day of my last period) and I got pregnant on march 11th, so can anyone please help me determine whose the more likely father?
So this post hasn't been used in a while. I had a miscarriage on the 10/09/2012 bleed till I passed the meaty chunk sorry tmi. 14th I stopped BD that night and on the 16th 19th I had this pink/brown/orange blood come out of me could I possible be pregnant again so soon. My moods are all over the show and have heads a lot. Thanx in advance.
Well first of all, did you do a home miscarriage (where you pass everything on your own), of did you have a DNC done and how far along were you? It is possible to get pregnant right away after a miscarriage but I would say that since it was only 10 days after miscarriage that you had that bleeding you probably aren't. After a miscarriage hormones are fluctuating just the same because your hormones are trying to level out again. I would say, go see your doctor because you could still get a positive pregnancy test after a miscarriage for up to a month, sometimes a little longer because the HCG hormone will still be in your bloodstream (so it wont be accurate). I hope this helps.
Had my period october 25th-31st had unprotected sex the night of October 31st. It is November 10th could I tell by a blood test if I am pregnant?
I had my period on Nov, 2 then had sexual intercourse on the 11 and on the 14th i was bleeding but it was not pink, it was red and looked exactly as if it was my period, it lasted three days but wasnt as heavy, am i pregnant?
I had a miscarriage n November I took depo in dec. I did not take my next shot I had my period in march it lasted 7 days I am now spotting could I be pregnant?
Were you pregnant?