Maternal & Child Community
How long after taking provera??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long after taking provera??

How long after I finish taking Provera should I get AF?? I started taking 5mg twice daily last Tuesday and finished on Saturday night...so far nothing...I am scheduled for a Radiology Hysterosalpingogram on October 31, my dr needs me to be finished bleeding by then....any help would be greatly appreciated...thank you
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You should have bleeding 3 to 7 days after you stop taking Provera.
Blank
I took it once, and it took a full 7 days after my last pill to start my period.  If you are still bleeding when you are scheduled to have the HSG, you might have to postpone it. Wait and see, and then ask your dr.
Blank
I hope she shows soon too, my dr only does the procedure on certain days and he can only do 1 per day as the equipment takes 24 hours to be sterilized...the next available appointment is for Nov 21...I don't want to wait that long...hopefully I won't have to...
Blank
my doc told me it can take up to 14 days to get AF after provera....it took me 4 days. i hope she shows up very soon.

love....kimmie
Blank
Hi, I had taken the provera and it took me also 7 days for my AF to start. and when I also took it the second time almost after 2 years from the first time. I got my AF when I was still taking them. So I called my doc and she told me to stop the remaining tablets.
Blank
i can say that the onset of a provera AF really sucks...the cramps are so awful. but in light of the first 2 days and the day before....it only lasted 4 days here and was gone right away.....and i am heading into 'o' early. which is so much earlier than late like usual. hopefully you will start in the next 2 days and she will go quickly!!!

love....kimmie
Blank
I think I af showed up this morning...lol...I went to the bathroom and there was blood there, but now it is brownish, I have no idea what is going on...I hope this is af...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank