Maternal & Child Community
How long do sore breasts last for?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

How long do sore breasts last for?

I know sore tender breasts is a symptoms of pregnancy but it eventually goes away. I would like to hear about other womens experiences!

Thanks:)
Mine were incredibly sore for the first 3 months and then one day it just went away.  Then, at around 8 months, they started leaking!  I hadn't even had the baby yet, but everyone is different. Good Luck!
Mine were slightly sore in the beginning, but never unbearable. That went away, but I am finding that at 7 months it is starting to come back.
how far along would you say beginning was? two-three months?
well what you are experiencing now is nothing to when the baby is born OMG then they will be sore(what we go through for our kids ey lol) so enjoy in my experiences it starts to fade around week 12 but then returns at around week 28 i am also a midwife and this is what a lot of other ladies report goodluck and remember it does vary from women to women.
mine was good and sore for the first 21/2 months, went away but at 19w when i take off my bra. omg. i sometimes want to cry. i was a 34a/b before i got prego. now  i am 19w4d and i HAD JUST BOUGHT a 34c fit good at the store when trying it on 2 days later it was squezzing me to death. so iguess i need a 36c/d. i hate big boobs. i miss my tinny ones.
your comments made me laugh...u sound just like me. I am 9 week and they dont feel as sore as they did so i was getting worried....s i thought it would at least be until 12 weeks but im hoping that nothing is wrong and everyone different
Mine hurt from about week 4 to week 15 or so, currently 20 wks. But I am pretty big, my back is killing me and I do belive that its because my breasts.  I started out at a 40 DD, now I am spilling out of it but I really don't want to go to a speciality shop to buy a bigger bra, i am to cheap.  I am kinda waiting it out, until I know just how big they are goint to get.  Wish I had little breasts, I might even go to duck tape. lol
OMG soory missed spelled your name..lol..
emshal2:yeah i am crazy like that sometimes and dont even mean too. :)
nanis: yep i am going to brestfeed if she will take to it. my nephew didnt to my sil. so hopefully for the first 3-6months all will be good.
You will miss your small boobs even more when you have baby & sagage...lol..or when you breast feed(ouch)!
My breast was the first sign that I was pregnant.  I was late but really stressed out.  One night I went to my sister and when I took off my jacket all close friends were like "wow what did you do to make your boobs so big"  I am normally 36/38 D thats the night I realized and ended up having to say I hate something bad so I wasn't drinking...I hope they don't get huge. I am 8 weeks now and the pain is easing up but still painful.
what if soar breasts only last for 11 days and you get new symptoms? can that happen around and during the implant bleading? can it be posible to have implant bleading for 5 days, the first 2nd days was pinkish and a little heavy and the 3rd day spotting with pink and brown followed by the last two days only showing when wiping and brown.

I am also wondering the same thing.