How long do you bleed after miscarriage? Help please!
Feel free to use this as an open forum also.  I started miscarrying Sunday night at 5 weeks.  HCG was dropping per labs and i bled fairly heavy with some bigger episodes until yesterday and it just stopped completely.  Is this normal? I still have a slight pain on my right side still.  I got blood drawn yesterday but don't know how low my hcg was yet..I just didn't think i'd only bleed for three days?? Can anyone please tell me if this happened to them?
I'm so sorry Kellie... I had a D&C when I miscarried.  I only bled for a few days but I guess that was why.  I wish I could help you.. I will pray for your healing emotionally and physically.  Robin
Robin, thank you - I had d&c's the last two times too.  This is new to me - just seems awful quick to be done bleeding but maybe i was just so early..thanks for your thoughts and prayers..it means a lot! Have a wonderful Christmas =)
I am so sorry too. I had a d&c, so can't offer anything other than my thoughts to you. It stinks so much!!
I'm so sorry that you are going through this during the holidays.  But I m/c'd in May at 6 weeks and I bled for a total of 4 days, then in 28 days I got AF. Hope this helps

Hi Kellie -

My first m/c was at about 5 weeks, but that was an ectopic they think resolved on its own.  I was not "normal" by any stretch, but I bled for about 3 weeks.  I sure hope the bleeding is over for you.  If you're concerned, you could ask for an ultrasound to make sure all of the tissue has passed.  Good luck to you.  *hugs*
Thanks to everyone who answered...it means a lot.  I finally got my numbers back and my hcg is down to 14.  I will go again on Monday and hopefully it will be down.  I did start bleeding again too =(.  I just feel like sleeping through this whole holiday.  I feel like all i've done this last month is hope for the best and expect the worst...i'm just tired.  Thanks for your support, prayers, answers and just being there for me! I appreciate it!!!!!!!
Hey girl, only one of my m/c was that early along in the pregnancy. I did some thinking back (way back in my memory banks to Jan 96) and think I bled similar to a period, about 5-6 days. By similar, I mean in length only, it was heavy and painful, but lasted a much shorter time than the other two I had at home.

Definitely look at the numbers. I know they were pretty low at the beginning of the m/c, so it is definitely possible that the m/c is complete already.

Again, my heart is with you and Ben and your boys. I hope even through this difficult time that you are able to enjoy the closeness of the holidays.

Andrea
I'm so sorry to hear about this.  My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I hope you begin healing soon.  

Take care.
I feel so bad for you. Are you going to go for fertility work? This has to be hard. I know how that is. It has to be especially hard on the holidays! :( I wish you luck and I hope that you have better luck soon ;)
Thank you guys! The thoughts and encouraging words help more than anything...

Christina i'm going to go for a full fertility workup and i'm going to go to a R.E and at least see what they can figure out.  I don't know at this point if I will try again or not..but I at least want to know what i'm dealing with...hope you are feelin well! =)
I'm going through the same thing, I know exactly how you are feeling, I just had a m/c yesterday and I was early (6-7 weeks)  The doctor told me it would probably be like a heavy period and painful at times. I'm still passing part of the tissue. It is a horrible feeling,  this was my first pregnancy. I just put it in Gods hands for he knows best. I will keep you in my prayers.
I'm SO sorry to hear you're going through this too.  Is this your first pregnancy or do you have other kids? thank you for your kind sweet words, i'll be thinking & praying for you too =(
yes this was my first pregnancy, I don't have other kids. But me and my husband are going to try again as soon as all this is over with.  The doctor did tell me yesterday that it was just a bad pregnancy, there was nothing genetically that caused it...PRAISE GOD!! How about you, is this your first or do you have other kids?
I do have three children (all boys) and my youngest is 3...I really wanted 4..now i'm even actually considering adoption...i've had three losses strait in a row...two miscarriages and one ectopic..I will be thinking of you..and praying for you...(i'm 35 so I feel like i'm getting too old you know?) Thanks so much for encouraging me..your brightness shows in your post...thank you! =)
I miscarried this Sept. and it was very hard on me,this website helped alot,it answered alot of questions and fears i had,i had alot of help from family and friends but i know sometimes that isn't enough,so if ANYONE out there needs someone to talk to i would love to talk with anyone that needs it, e-mail me at Ozzy_lover_20***@**** i hope anyone out there that just needs someone to talk to feels free to e-mail me. Thank you
I guess that didn't want to give my e-mail out but it's Yahoo and .com ^^^...lol..Thanks again.
Ive never left comments on sites before.....but I was drawn to this one....I had a miscarriage about four days ago...and Im still bleeding and still have some pain. I had so many questions and was left feeling so empty. This was my first experience in this terrible loss. I never really thought that it would happen to me......more than that I never really understood what emotions that a woman goes through. I was between five and six weeks and I felt so attached to the growing baby. My husband and I really wanted this child. Ive gone through all kinds of emotions in the last four days. I know God has my life and I want him to be in control...thats for sure. I know in time we will try again.....I just need to get through this first.
I can soooo relate to you right now.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I, too am miscarrying as we speak.  Unfortunately, this is my second mc.  The emotions are crazy...  This would have been our 2nd child.  Believe it or not, there is good news here for you;  Being that you are still bleeding after 4 days is a good thing.  If you pass it on your own, without the aid of a D/C,  the sooner you can try again.  Plus, you won't need surgery.  My mc started on Monday this past week, and by Wed I was no longer bleeding.  Unbeknownst to me, I thought this was good, until I saw my dr on Thurs who told me the sac is still in there, and unless I expel (ew) it on my own this week, it's another D/C for me. :(  I wish you all the best, and make sure you have a sonogram/ultrasound to make sure you had a 'complete mc' and there is no tissue or anything left behind.  Best of luck to you, and your hubby.  Feel better soon.
Thankyou for your comment....I too am sorry to hear you are going through this as well. This is just a very hard thing to go through...and I am terribly emaberrest and emotional to go to the doctors...but I probably should just to make sure I am cleared. Im sorry that you had a D/C...that can' t be fun. I really hope you won't need one this time either, I hope you recover well. I also wish you the best of luck with having a family. I pray that you won't have to suffer this loss again. It sure does help to know that there are other women who understand.  Take care!
I too can realate and am going through a miscarriage as well as we speak. i was 5 -6 weeks and was so excited for our 3rd child but then the spotting began and then heavy bleeding so sure enough a m/c i was having. I was a lil scarred when on a sunday after starting to bleed on wed i was still bleeding but i guess this is good thing since this means i am passing it on my own only i have to wonder if back pain and cramping is normal with this m/c doctor forgot to inform me on what might happen so has anyone else had this pain assosiated with a m/c.sorry for your loss as well.
When I miscarried, I only bled for a few days.. and then a few days later I started bleeding again, and it went on into my period..  then I had a realllly heavy period (Boy did that suck). and after my regular 5-6 day period everything was back to normal. But what was weird was, that one day my Hcg level was a 4 and she said it was below 5 so everything happened naturally, then like the next day is when I started bleeding again, so I thought that was weird. But I've had a checkup since, and they didn't say anything more about a D & C. So I'm sure everything is fine. Women miscarry different.
total understand I went throw a miscarriage 2 months ago and they were a long... two months. I was 12 weeks pregnant and just about out of the scariest time but unfortionally The baby didn't make it, I am so sorry for your loss. it is a log recovery process and really frustrating I find my life revolving around reasurching everything from miscarriage to pregnancy and every sign there is out there. I fill prego but i won't know for 3 more days I hope so and i hope for everyone we never have to go throw this again it is just not fair!!!
hello my names tiffany,.. im 6 weeks pregnant and not sure if im having a miscarriage or not but i bleed not very heavy for 3 days then spotted for 4 no clots or cramps.  I have to go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound.. can comeone give me some info on what ya think... Also keep me in your prayers
my first misscarage i bled very heavy for about 4 days. i was done bleeding after about 7 days total
i was 19 wks and 5 days when i went into labour and my son didn't make it, he was born asleep this website has really helped me through this harsh time..this was 6 weeks ago now and i have only recently stopped bleeding. he was beautiful.
i have just had a mc on sunday i was 13 weeks but the baby had died earlier , when my mc started i was so so scared i bled clots and big ones i went to the hospital and bled even more clots and in the end i passed the sac it was awful i cried because i did not  know what to expect next i stopped in the hospital till monday and came home my bleeding was ok a bit like a period my body was aching all over and all i nwanted to do was sleep today wed i woke bleeding was ok not to heavy but i had pain in my lower tummy then at bout 3.00 i passed a few more clots and bleeding heavy again i guess its just my body clearing out on its own but its so scary and i would hate to put my worsed enermy through what im going through , well tomorrow thursday i have my scan to check my tum tum and im just hoping everything is ok . in the mean time i just want to have a positive outlook , im not sure if anyone knows how long you bleed for after a mc but if you do can you let me know lisa xxx
I had a miscarriage in April 2008. I bled and bled for 10 days and it still showed no sign of easing so I had a D&C. I was 5 and half weeks. The doctor told me the miscarriage was incomplete.  After D&C the bleeding stopped by next day. I guess once everything comes out and miscarriage is complete the bleeding stops.    
I only bleed for one day I was wondering if anyone thinks that I could have not had a miscarriage? I don`t go for my second blood test till tomorrow and I  figured since  I have not bleed but  a little if any one thinks I could still be pregant
It all depends on the type of bleeding you had. If you had clots with the bleeding I would be concerned.  I hope all is well with your baby, but I just recently m/c'd at eight weeks.  I went to the ER they told me that my baby didn't have a heartbeat, and there was nothing that they could do for me, not even a D&C. they wanted my body to get rid of the baby naturally, so they sent me back home. I stopped bleeding that same night.  I had to follow up with my Dr.on the next day.  She did an ultrasound to make sure that the baby didn't have a heartbeat. And there was no heartbeat, so she gave me "cytotec" it put me into active labor to help my body get rid of the baby. It hurt like crazy!!!!!!!!! I would advise you to schedule an appointment to see a Dr. so you can see if the baby still has a heartbeat depending the on the age of the baby.
Hey Ladies, Well, I've been bleeding for a lil over 2 months now. At first I was spotting then I would got on and off of bleeding from spotting and bleeding a lot. Now I've been bleeding a lot gushing out. I need to know if dis is normal! I went to the emergency but dey didn't really tell me anything dat was wrong with me besides having bladder infection! I'm really bleeding a lot for a very long time! Please help me with any info!!!
I am going through a miscarriage right now myself it is the first time for me. I was so excited at first but my ex boyfriend wasnt. It was real hard on me and when i found out that i would miscarry because everything was dropping i was so scared. They told me i needed to get a D&C done but my parents told me to wait to see if i could pass the sack myself. Well to be honest i think i had like twelve sacks (highly impossible) but idk what im suppose to be lookin for really i know what a blood clot looks like but ive had a few HUGE white tissue lookin things pass.. Maybe i should go ahead and go into the doctors? i dont know nobody is really helpin me or tellin me what to look for. I never saw a "baby" pass tho but when i went in for another ultrasound they told me the baby was gone but the sack remained? I was 7 weeks pregnant first time i think i already said that. but im confused?!?!?! and sorry for everyone else who is going through this.. i dont think i can keep bleeding like this forever its soooooooooo painful i have endometriosis as well. so my female organs and blood dont really get along to well lol! anyway i just felt like writing my story i dont really do this just need advice
I had a d & C done 5 days ago and I'm very anxious for the bleeding to stop. It is strange b/c I didn't bleed the first day I was home, then I only bled watery pink for 2 days and now I am bleeding like a normal amount of period. Accompanying this bleeding is cramping sometimes and it hurts more when I laugh or sneeze. Has anyone else had this?
       I had a m/c at 9 weeks. The doctor told me that it was a molar pregnancy. I got my d and c on Dec 19th 2008, i am still bleeding on and off. Had my last blood test a couple of weeks ago and doc. told me that HCG level was at 1200 and two weeks later it went higher, and now it is 2400. I am so scared can someone help me, I read some things about molar pregnancy and it sayd that if BHCG goes up you might have cancer. Is that true?
I had a m/c a week ago and thought that the bleeding was coming to and end yesterday when after a 'night of passion' with my husband I bled so much and still am. I don't know what this means and checking some websites for answers can be very scary. This is my first and I have no idea what to think, can anyone help?
I am 41 years old and i m/c this past thursday @ 4 weeks. This was my 1st pregnancy. The doctors told me b4 that i couldn't get pregnant. I guess they were wrong or i'm a late starter one. I'm still bleeding but i've been bleeding since my period tried to start on the 23rd of May(my birthday),some days it was just spotting and other days it was like a regular period. I dont know what is normal or what isn't normal.I loved this baby from the minute i found out, if that is possible. I've waited my entire life for the moment i was told that i'm expecting and now its gone and i have no clue how to deal with this.I just feel empty and crushed:( Does anyone know how long it might be b4 i can conceive again? Someone please help.
It is amazing how many women out there have experenced or are experencing what I am experencing. This web site is very helpful expecially emotionally.

My story:
In April 1994, I had a miscarriage. No one except me believed I was pregnant. Even the doctor wasn't sure because one of the text he gave me (urine test) malfunctioned. I had an ultrasound sceduled for April 14. I never made it. It was so painful. Major cramping and vomiting. I went on two months later and found out I was pregnant again. I delived a healthy son in Febrary of 95'. Six years later I delived a health daughter in October of 2000' Now here I am again. I didn't even know I was pregnant. My husband and I are getting older now and wanted one more baby before time passed us up completely. Saturday morning I told him I was felling symptoms and suspected. We got a home pregnancy test. Sure enough it was positive. We were so overjoyed. We started calling everyone. Expecially my dad since his b-day was the next day. I figured it was the perfect b-day present since he loves his grand babies and they are all growing up and he wanted another one. We had been trying for four years now. Sunday evening I started spotting. By that night it was getting heavier and brighter red. Husband was napping. I woke him up and told him I thought I was miscarring and that I needed to get to the hospital. By the time I got into a hospital room, it was to late. I had lost the baby at 13 weeks. Granted it has been almost 1 years since the last one, but I can't remember it being the like this. No major pain or vomiting this time beforehand, but afterwards the cramps have been like right after having both of my babies. The bleeding just don't seem to want to stop. It has slowed so I am hoping it is going to stop soon. We badly wanted a baby and are planning to try again, but emotionally I am not so sure I am ready.

My heart goes out to each and every one of you ladies and any other that has experenced a loss of this magnitude. Emotions subside with time, but the scares never heal.
Hey everyone and sorry for your losses... I just had a miscarriage last week and was 3 1/2 weeks pregnant... I went to the ER because i had a bad pain on my left side it turned out to be i had an ovarian cyst on my left ovary and i found out i was pregnant as well.  I went to see my regular ob gyn and my levels went up from 405 to 424 in 2 days and 3 days later went down to 393 & that's when my dr said i was miscarrying.  The weird part was that i spotted for only 2 days and very very light without any cramps or anything, after that i didn't bleed for a whole day at all and the day after that i had like 2 spots of darkish brown and didn't have any pain or bleed anymore... My dr decided to another blood work which was 2 days after my levels of 393 and my levels had gone down to 147 which he said most likely i miscarried on my own.  What's weird is my breast are still sore, i don't know what to think.  That's was my 3rd pregnancy but i had an ectopic in August of 07 and another ectopic on Jan 08 which i was really looking forward to this one but i will get checked since i'm only 22 and everytime i get a check up they say i'm healthy and everything is ok.
I also am going through a miscarriage, it is very devastating I have been bleeding now for 7 days and it just doesn’t look like its going to stop I had another miscarriage just last mouth I don’t understand what’s wrong I have 3 very healthy children, I am told I stress to much at work but can that really have that much of a affect on me? I am sorry to all who have lots there babies.. Hope everything works out for you all…
did any of you have pain in your left side before you miscarried?  i had pain on friday and brown discharge yest any help or advice would be great thanks xxx
Call you dr and get checked out.  That is the best advice.  I as 8 wks 2 days and I went to the ER on tues after my dr told me I was m/c and they said it was a threatened m/c but after my visit there the bleeding increased and also the cramping.  By my dr visit on thur at 9am, I had lost him and the dr was able to see that he was gone.  10 days later I am still spotting but what is strange is that the pain disappeared just a few hours after my dr visit.  I figure that I might need to make a visit to my obgyn to see why the bleeding is still there since a lot of women stop after about 4-5 days.  Call your dr.
I'm so sorry for all of your losses, including mine.
I started spotting when my normal period was a few days late, which I though was just a normal af. Then 3 days later got confirmed that I was pregnant. We really want to keep this baby caz I just had a m/c last July. But when I visited the dr, it was too late. My 2nd hcg value drops and and spotting has been continuing since the end of Sep, and still is now.  I went to have my 3rd hcg text and also an u/s yesterday. The u/s tech told me that she didn't see anything in my vagina or the uterus except some spotting. Don't know what to do since the blood seems to be dark brownish "old" blood all the time (only when I wipe it), and I have not seen any tissue or sac passed out yet. What does it means when nothing can be seen in an u/s? (I am 6weeks now). I found most of you bled heavily during a natural m/c. But I don't feel any cramping nor any fresh blood. Any thought? Much appreciated.
hi there

im 18 years of age and was 16weeks pregnant until 27 october
i had my first vist that day with my gynae and on that same day i got the bad news that my baby wasnt growing at all and was 8.3 cm in size and i was 16 weeks its only my 1st day at home and i lready stopped bleding but i was booked into hospital the same day cause my gynae booked my an evacuation of uterus my gynea didnt want me to go through a mis carriage because i was still very young and hopefully soon i will be able to get over my loss and im so sorry to hear abt all of your loss and god/allah has a better place and plan r for them rezaan cornelius
I know how you feel. I have been bleeding for over a month. I went to the Doctor and they did a ultrasound, and showed I was pregnant with twins!  They said the bleeding could be from two babies. Then last friday I went through 5 pad's in 20 min.  I had my husband take me in to the ER. It was very painfull. They tried to clean out everything bf giving me any meds. It hurt so bad! Then my BP dropped to 52 over 27, and I passed out.A little over 5 min later I came to and they where about to put a tub down my mouth. It was so bad! I lost my babies, and almost died wile doing it. Here it is 3 day's later and I still have lot's of bleeding and clot's. I feel like ****, and so sad my babies are gone. My husband is having a hard time understanding what in going on with me, and we are not talking anymore. This has been such a sad, bad time in my life! My heart and body all hurt so bad!.
this is very hard for me to talk about..
during my very first pregnancy i was kicked in the stomach ..   a girl was attempting to kill my first child..
she accually succeeded..     i was about  6 weeks when she kicked me.. My baby never had a heart beat..   i should have been about 11 weeks and 1 day but the baby died exactly at 8 weeks  
i was "spotting" i went ot the hopspital  they refused to do an ultra sound on me   the drew blood and told i was just fine..   i called my obgyn the next day and forced him to see me right away..   that is when he found that my first child had no heart beat..
he told me to go home and if my "spotting" got worse to go tthe hospital.. later that night i went to go to bed early    i rolled over and it felt like my water broke..
i jumped out bed  and threw my pants off..   i then started bleeding perfusely!!  
it looked as if some one had turned on a faucet..  just pooring blood out of me..
i chose to go to a differant hospital..   i started having blood clots...      i had bled all night long int he morning they did a sonogram to see if i needed a DNC  but they said i had bled everything out and that there was no need..
i bleed for maby a total of 3 days..  
I am currently going through a m/c as well. I started bleeding on sunday and went to the ER.  It is now thursday and i am just lightly spotting, but on tues. had very heavy bleeding.  I never had cramps though.  This is my second this year with the first being an eptopic.  I have no clue why this time it is so much harder.  I can't seem to get myself together and my husband is very worried about me.  We do have one beautiful boy which I am extremely thankful for.  We have been trying for four years now and been doing infertility treatments for about a year.  Any advice for coping would be appreciated!!  My heart goes out to all of you who are going through the same thing. My god bless you
I went to the doctor after bleeding for 3 days at the doctor i found out that i was 9 weeks but the baby was 4 weeks the doctor gave me the choice to have a dnc or let it happen on its own i chose to let it happen on its own and now i have been bleeding for a total of 4 weeks and it will change between heavy and light but i will get strong pains in my side...
hi i also had a misscarriage on the 1st of dec i stopped bleeding on the 2nd of dec which seemed strange because after my last misscarriage i bleed 4 2wks....i dont know why ive stopped bleeding after 1 day..can any1 help
hey went to the dr .and i was bleedin and he said it was a miscarry and then went home! about 6days i stop bleedin then took 3 tests and they all say   pregnant!!!!!!!!!!whats goin on with me
It takes several weeks sometimes for your hcg levels to return to normal, so any test you take now will still show you are pregnant.  Give it some time.

I'm still recovering from my miscarriage.  It has been just over 3 weeks now and I'm still bleeding.  It was really heavy at first, and clotty.  Then it slowed down after 10 days and I stopped for about 2 days, then it cranked back up again to what seems like a regular period.  But this has been going on for 9 days now.  If it doesn't stop soon I'm calling my doctor.  I was only 6-7 weeks, so they didn't give me a D&C (thankfully), but I'm just ready for this to stop so I can get on back to normal and we can try again.
i just recently january 29th began my journey of having a miscarriage 12 weeks long with twins but they passed early on in the pregnancy but i did not know unfortunitly the doctor did. they passed a 5 weeks 3 days exactly. now on that saturday at the hospital i olny pushed out 1 sac i truly believe that the othere sac is still there cause here it is8 days later and i am still cloting  the size of a lemon cut in half and i am truly getting upset about it i have asked my doctor to please just do the d&c  and he said he will do it but there r risks and he want me to wait until the 15th of this month to see if my levels went down to 0 i mean i do want to try again ASAP but dont understand why he keep making me wait so long. is it normal to bleed for a long time i hope not. this feels gross.....
i started bleeding on the 22 of jan. it slowed down as of 1 of feb, but now it's picking up again. i don't know if i'm supposed to pass anything because i was only 5 weeks along; there's been some clots, but not huge ones. i do have slight cramps and back pain. this does suck; i just want it to be over so we can try again. this was my first pregnancy, not what i expected at all. does anybody who miscarried early on know if they passed anything more than clots, or if i should be looking for something specific?
I don't understand why or what causes miscarriage? I just got a miscarriage on first day of Chinese New Year 14 Feb 2010. Is very upset and hurting. I've seen the gynae 3 days before m/c and is the 8 week of pregnancy. She says the baby is fine, there is heart beat. She says there is no worry for the daily bleeding. However, my bleeding became more and more heavier after seeing her. Just within 3 days later, my stomach is getting more and more painful till I visited the hospital and the Dr say there is nothing inside the womb any more. Why the gynae say there is nothing wrong to the baby but its gone after 3 days? The bloods continue to bleed after the m/c...and is non stopping.
Am also going thru a m/c, started spotting brownish on Saturday Feb 13th (chinese new year's eve, so couldn't have dinner with family), went to ER and had blood test then was sent home. Went back to ER on Monday for more blood test (light bleeding) and was told HCG level dropped by 600, so in M/C process. Also had an ultrasound but was told too early in pregnancy for a heartbeat (approx. 6 weeks). Still spotting (red blood when wipe) today -  Thursday Feb 18th. It has been the longest 6 days of my life. I've been in tears since day one and today is day 6 and I'm still in tears. This is my 2nd m/c and I don't know what I've done wrong to go thru this experience again. Why.....why......
...well me and my partner have been trying for two years. I had a miscarriage at 8 wks in 2008. The we recently found out that we were pregnant again sometime in Jan.2010. I was 5 wks. We were absolutley excited!!!!!!! We had even made up a name. I was very uneasy about the whole pregnancy and I would always talk about miscarriages and how what if this and what if that...i later began to expel some type of brown trasparent looking fluid. I would express with my bestfriend that I thought it was my period trying to come on, but the doctors told me it was normal. I tried to allow that to put me at ease, but deep down I felt that something was wrong, not only because of the fact that my previous loss had me scared out of my mind, but because I was beginning to gain weight, and it wasnt just visible to me. I already have a stomach but it was rounding out, but I didnt feel pregnant anymore around 9wkz. My stomach seemed to be droopy and less hard than it was before. I then again expressed to my bf that I didnt believe I was preg. any more, but she tried to reassure me it was all in my head. but still in my heart I knew. I even went over to show her my stomach and how it seemed to have dropped, she claimed to not notice. Still, I just didnt feel pregnant anymore. But I too wanted to begin to think it was ok because I was still having pregnancy symptoms. Then on Feb 18 (Friday) I begin to bleed...I immediately knew my worst fear, but yet my strong belief had come tru. Me, my Aunt and the Hub went to the ER, I was still having frequent urination so each time while in the waiting room i got up to go to the restroom the bleeding was becoming worse. Then after waiting for 8 hrs. I was finally called back. Only to begin waiting another hr in a rm. Finally they did blood work and performed an ultrasound where I was told there was no heartbeat...I immediately broke down. Then I had to tell him when the pushed me back to the room, my eyes were bright red and beginning to swell. He knew, and he too broke down. I was so upset I began to yell I was so ready to go home. The before I was dicharged the doctor came in and they told me that the fetus was only 8wkz. That deepend my pain, here I am carrying my already gone baby for 3 extra wkz. and I was even more saddened. I begin to think is it me is it him what wrong! OMG im experiencing REACURRENING MC. There were just so many emotions. BUT IM PUTTING IT IN GODS HANDS! one thing I like to live by is THINGS COULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN WORSE. I could have been 6 months dealing with that. My biggest fear is a STILLBIRTH. I have a cousin who had 3 MC before she concieved a beautiful healthy babygirl. Then I read these stories and people have had 3 MC and followed by 3 beautiful healthy kids. This makes me very hopeful. idk what the future holds, but we all who have experienced a loss must never loose hope or faith and trust in the Lord. He knows what best and he has a plan. Things will all work out in the end. My 2 lil angels are with him. God bless everyone. Your storied have helped me.
I forgot to mention that I also had a D&C on my 08 loss. This time everything seems to be expelling naturally. I have been bleeding for 7 days, and have to go to the doc every two days to get my blood taken until my HCG level goes to zero. Im just ready for my body to go back to normal so that I can begin grieving properly, because this is a constant reminder of my pain, not to mention the cramps and the terrible back pain.
I went to the doctors and they saw a heart beat during my visit...later on that night i started having heavy bleeding and was told i had a fetal demise.  I went to see my docotro within 24 hrs she would not see me until Monday and said she hoped i stopped bleeding. Today is my birthday 2/26..this is my first child....  we had been trying to conceive for 10 years....i feel like dying.  I feel like this moment was suppose be special for us....he cried and i cried but the fact remains my child died or is dying and its hard....he as someone to hold and i dont....each period will be a reminder of what could have been. Please pray for me.  I have a final appoiontment on Monday to check for a heart beat one last time...
hi ladies,im so sorry we all meet like this at sad times.  Its been a week since my m/c and I was 12 weeks. I started with bad cramps on the Thursday night for about 2 hours and then all ok.When I woke up the next morning I had spotting and then nothing but went to the doctor for a check and he did a scan and he said that my ovarian cyst had burst and the twin sac had burst as well but the other baby still had a strong heart beat.so he gave me anti-biotics to prevent infection.then it all started at 3.30pm when I sat up with severe pain and felt a gush of blood and then clots and afterbirth. My baby came out and it was still moving but died in my Mums hands. so much blood and the last bit of afterbirth was huge 2 hands to hold it and by 8.30pm it was all over.I found out I was pregnant with triplets but then the sacs started getting smaller.when we saw what came out there were 2 babies in one sac and 1 baby on its own.  I haven't stopped bleeding for a week now,how much longer? this was my 3rd pregnancy and i am broken.did this happen because im almost 37 and have a kidney disease?  At least I have my other 2 children to keep me busy but there is still a feeling of empty. Can anyone tell me for how long the bleeding is going to last.
Good luck to everyone trying again.
Bernie1526
I am so sorry to hear all of your stories.  I am currently going through mc.  My husband and I have been trying for about 4 years with no success.  I started spotting on Feb 11, 2010, which I just thought I had started my period (I had no idea I was pregnant), but I had this awful pain in my right ovary that I had never had before, and the consistency was different than ever.  I was unable to get to my obgyn until February 23, wherein I was advised I was pregnant.  I so was happy, but scared at the same time.  By February 25 I found out I was either having a mc or will be having a mc.  I was told that I was approximately 2-4 weeks, which isn't far along, but the feeling of emptiness is the same.  This was my first pregnancy.  I have had my bleed tested 4 times now, first 444, 2nd 340, third-236, & and IDK the results from today (3/3/10).  I have continued to bleed (no clotting though) and have had cramps the entire time (4 weeks), and I am so tired of it.  I am ready to go back to normal, so we start to try again.  I wish everyone a speedy recovery physically and emotionally; and good luck trying again.
you mentioned your miscarriage lasted 3 weeks i have been having a miscarriage for about 4 weeks, this cant be normal? when i was in the hospital during the first week of the miscarriage they told me when i left it should last about ten days, but when i went to the doctor last week (i would have been having the miscarriage for 3 weeks) she told me it was normal and i might have it for a while, but i havent heard of anyone having a miscarriage this long before and its just as heavy if not heavier then it ever was! can you help please? its annoying and disgusting and im sick of it.
My husband and i just found out on Friday that we miscarried. I have been bleeding for 2 weeks now. When i first started bleeding i flew to the Dr.s office. (2 ectopics in the past). He told me that it was normal for me to be bleeding. It was probably implanting like it was supposed to and just getting rid of what it didn't need. He sent me for trans vaginal u/s and we saw the start of our baby. They say i was about 6 1/2 weeks then. We went back in on Friday for another trans vaginal u/s and we saw nothing. How devastating that was. to think we were going to finally be parents on week then the next nothing. I am really hoping that the bleeding stops soon.
i am so sorry you are going throug this. i just had a miscarrage on sunday. woke up and started bleeding really heavy. when i got in, it was too late. nothing could be done. for me its like a really heavy period with severe cramps. i hope i dont bleed for a long time. i am still passing tissue as well.
I know this is an older post but.. I'm sorry for everyones loss.. I have been wanting a kid for such a long time and when I finally got it I was so excited... I was told i was around 7 weeks went back a week later for the pelvic ultrasound is what they called it and saw the little peanut... i was told i was 6w6d then and the day b4 i started spotting, that was thursday i spotted and friday i saw the heartbeat and then on sunday i woke up and started bleading more so we went to the hospital and i started bleeding really bad i lost my little peanut and lost a lot of blood and clots, they took my blood count b4 i started losing bad, then i was in the bathroom when they told me to clean up and i passed out, ever since then ive been really lite headed and dizzy and havin headaches and stomach cramps... the bleeding is lite then heavy it kinda depends...
I just had a m/c after ten weeks on Sat..over the Easter week-end.  It began as light bleeding and then two days later I was bleeding heavy with severe cramps and clots.  It was the worst pain I have ever felt.  Now I am going through both bleeding and cramps still and emotional pain.  This was my first time and I feel lost, with so many questions and concerns for m\the next time we try again.  My question is how long does the pain, last?  It's not constant, but comes and goes especially on my left hand side... :(
Hi everyone my english is not good but ihave this problem i need help plz,im 32 yrs old i didnt plan to have a baby till last year and i concive but after 8 weeks when iwas at work as a carer i found spot then i didt scan they said its miscaried i went to theatre to clean the womb then ater 3 month i concive again bad one i was at work i found some thing like old brood iwent to dk he said the baby steel ok because the heart beat still working that was about 6 weeks and then iwent doctor because the old blood was still came out and that was the end of 8 week then doctor said it is miscarriage again ,then i went to theatre again for clean up ,the first day and second day period came out fresh one but after that it just like old blood came out again and today its about one week istand up in the kitchen about one hour and a half ifond out thefresh blood came out ,at the hospital they said i have to have arest for one week which i did ,so i wonde where does the fresh blood came from ,and why does the old blood came out after i concive for the second pregnancy and then after second miscarriage soon afte few day came from theatre does it mean wasnt clean propery from the first misccarriage ,what can i do ,in my age of 32 i will be able to have a baby or iwill end up with miscarriage ? when shall i start to try again
I am so sorry for you all.  What a hard, hard thing to go through.  We had three healthy children, and then miscarried our fourth at 8 weeks - this was about 13 years ago.
And then we have had five more healthy girls and we were expecting our tenth (including my miscarriage - 10th pregnancy).  I was 11 weeks along, but baby had stopped growing at about 5 - 6 weeks.
I knew I was miscarrying and so tried not going to the hospital.  I did pass the baby in its sac early Saturday (17th) morning after two hours of labor with contractions starting about 5 mins. apart up to 1 - 2 mins apart.  I thought it was over, but was still having a lot of discomfort and cramps.  On Sunday evening I was about ready to go to the hospital because of the pain and the bleeding, but then went to the bathroom and there passed what must have been the placenta ... it seemed about 2 - 3 times the size of the sac I had passed on the Saturday.  Once that passed, things seemed to settle right down, and Monday was an ok day, but now today, not a good day again.  I am not in a lot of pain, but I feel uncomfortable, I am passing blood clots again and the flow has picked up.  I would really like to avoid going to the doctor/hospital if I can.  Thanks for reading.  I too believe God is in control and there is a reason these things happen.  It still hurts so much emotionally, but it does help to know that HE really is in control and HE loves us SO much... take care all and all the best...
I have been miscarrying this week at about 4 and a half weeks pregnant. I had bright red moderately heavy blood loss for 4 days with lots of clots, incuding what I thought might be a tiny embyo which was more grey/white and a long flat piece of red tissue, not sure if this was uterine lining.  I had only light bleeding day 5 and next to nothing today, so I am hoping that I've expelled everything.  I am getting slight twinges today, I am hoping it's not because I haven't expelled everything properly.  I'm just beginning to pick myself up over the shock and total disappointment, having to go for treatment now would be adding insult to injury, I just want it to be over so we can look to the future and try again. I'm 41 by the way, first pregnancy, very much planned, longed for and long-awaited.  6 days post start of m/c I'm still getting positive tests, which kind of surprises me for a m/c this early as I wouldn't have thought my hcg would've got that high.  My doc's not offered bloodwroks, hcg tests, ultrasound, nothing - just told me to retest in a week.  Seems they're not interested in looking for causes till 3 miscarriages, even though time is not on my side!  It's been a crazy fortnight - I knew i was pregnant with positive tests for 10 days, I had passed my period date by 4 days so thought I was in with a good chance and just started to feel confident that all could go well.  In fact I was at the docs monday morning telling her I was pregnant and back again on tuesday saying i thought I was miscarrying.  To go from joy to misery overnight is tough and my heart goes out to all of you that are going through this. I am sure the further you are along the harder it is physically and emotionally, but even to miscarry so early like I have, you are still losing your hopes and dreams and direction for the future.  Life can be cruel and brutal, but my motto has always been that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.  Keep fighting girls!  Chances are it'll come good in the end  : )
I just started reading, and I couldnt stop. Currently I am having a miscarriage in my fallopian tube. I had moderate pain in my left side and bleeding. Went to the Dr, and after some time and many Dr.'s found that I was having my second Tubal Ectopic Pregancy. Yes, I have already lost my right fallopian tube. At 2 weeks pregnant my last pregancy kept growing in the tube until it burst (1000 hcg btw). Your Hormone should double every 48 hours in the begining of a pregnancy. So, currently, this is my second tubal, but the miscariage is happening in the tube therefor my hcg is lowering and I guess I am going to have a natural M/C. I have been bleeding for 7 days now. Not showing any sign of letting up. Also, I had a MC at 20 weeks prior to any of my ectopics. Went to get a D&C as directed by my Dr. but when I went the Dr. did not have my bladder full. He couldnt see the baby, but my tests were positive. He diagnosed me with hysterical pregnancy at 18 years old. Meaning, you want a baby so bad, your body develops the HCG hormone and the side affects. Joy. Everything thought I was crazy. My tests stayed positive for a year. a year after my MC, my body got rid of the MC itself and I "passed" the baby. It was disgusting. I was horrified. Then I had my DNC and now this. I am posting this because I have been through 3 different HORRIBLE expierences. My first Tubal I almost died because I sat around dealing with the pain. My Blood pressure was 70 over 40 and I couldnt move my legs. I had emergency surgery and 1 tube taken from me. A huge scar and no baby to show for it. Its sad and I want to say Im sorry for everyone who has to go through this. I hate going to the Dr and they keep asking how many pregnancies and how many births. Its almost embarrasing. So for now, I am bleeding, and my hcg level is at about 100. Then, maybe a D&C, hopefully not. I know now I am only going to go invetro? I think thats how you spell it. My message : If you have pain and are bleeding go to the Dr. right away! You dont want to lose a tube. You dont want to go through this. And again Im sorry everyone.
I have a 'natural' miscarrage at 18wks on the 6 of march, have been bleeding to death till now. Have been to my gp and firstly she gave me nonethisterone but  still i was bleeding but sometime its like black spotting for a day or two then heavy bleeding with clotting again. I went to her the second time then she gave me mefenamic acid(1 3x a day) to be taken with transamic acid 2tablets 3 times daily but am still bleeding with heavy clot. I change my gynea to a private one and met him yesterday complained to him about the bleeding and he up the dose of the mefenamic acid to 4 times daily but am still bleeding to death. Am sitting on the toilet bowl because the bleeding is dripping like water. Am confuse becos I have fabroid of 6x7x10 I don't know if this is the cause of my miacarriage and bleeding, pls advice.
Tia I was reading your comments. I have been bleeding a lot latety as well.   I had a MC Feb 3 at 13 weeks.  I lost a lot of blood and did it at home. DON'T recommend this...could have died!  But bled for 2-3 weeks in Feb.  Then started my period in March for a short two weeks.  Now in April I have been bleeding since April 1st. Off and on spotting a heavy period for about 4 days and then back to spoting the whole month.  I have had two ultrasounds and the doc saids I am healthy and my uterus looks great!  So...I guess I keep shopping for tampons and ovulation kits....i'm in the wrong business.  All your comments have so landed with me....and I feel finally my hormones are leveling off and I don't cry every day or everyother day!  I am encouraged by how many of you go on to have normal pregnancies.  I believe it can happen to all of us and I beleive in complete healing and I  believe in doing the alternative natural thing with out drugs.  I refused a blood transfusion....and up'd my dose with ******* iron plus c to 6x a day instead of one tablet.  My doctor was thrilled that my hemoglobin jumbed 4 points in one week.  Be very careful on the vitimins you use because the sinthetic ones are bad and can be toxic...or are no good at all...and like taking no vitimins.  So get a good natural vitimin and it will be expensive....but worth it.  Make love to your man...and don't let him see all your tears.  They get frustrated because they can't fix you...and it's tough enough on your relationship to loose a baby...but it's good to let him see your tears once in a while...keeps them tender...at least mine.......he's a big tough military guy sometimes.....but a softy in the middle.  So say a prayer...I have two cycles to get prego until he leaves for afghan.
hi everyone my prayers go out to all of you i too just had a miscarriage. I have had two before this and have three beautiful children. the cause of my miscarriages are due to the fact that i get pregnant very easly and they are to close together. but i know how it feels to go through this one it is very painful both physically and emotionally. after i had my first miscarriage back in 07 i cried all the time and i told my husband that i felt like i just flushed my child down the toilet i got depressed and i still think of it to this day this third time i was more prepared because i knew it was happening but i didnt want to tell anyone because i knew they wouldnt believe me because there where no signs of it. after you have had a couple of babies and miscarriages you become more intuned with your body and can sense that there is something wrong or even predicted the sex of your baby. like i have twice already. and i know that in about 4 to 5 months i will be pregnant again. i just had a baby in november of 09 and just had a miscarriage over the weekend. my advice to all of you ladies out there that have gone through this is just know that you are not alone and you will get through it and that if you keep yourself healthy in both body and mind you will be able to have another baby. just hang in there and talk about it with someone close to you or someone that has gone through it.  
I have been reading the blogs from the past two years up to now.  I was a gynecology nurse for  years before starting my family at age 33. Back then they usually did D and C's almost routinely after a m/c.  I often wondered myself if I would ever have a miscarriage because we would get moms in 3 to 4 a day.  Well, after two healthy babies I lost one at 16 wks.  The baby died early but the placenta kept growing which is rare.  Then I had another healthy child.  My daughter had a son 10 months ago and now just lost one at 9.5 wks.  She is devastated of course because we heard the heartbeat last week but the baby was not growing.  She is now afraid to get pregnant again.  I am encouraging all of you not to give up. Unless there is something wrong with your reproductive system the statistics are high you will have a healthy child. It will be scary the next time you become pregnant but I tried to focus on thinking all would be well.  If you keep bleeding after a m/c after a week insist on the doctor checking if you have passed everything or need a D and C.  Sometimes there is a small piece of tissue that needs to come out.  Also do not let them do a D and C or take any medication to pass the baby unless an ultrasound shows there is no heartbeat.  I have seen women bleed very heavy with clots and the baby still survive. If you are having frequent m/c then you should see a fertility specialist. God bless all of you brave women.

mistsofdawn
hi every1 im not sure if it was a miscarriage or not. in june 7th i went in for a check up because im trying to conceive got a preg test & came out negative so my doc told me to get on the nuva ring to regulate my period so i can get pregnant. i had the nuva ring in for the three weeks took it off june 29th and i started cramping but no period. on friday july second my cramps were horrible i couldnt take the pain. the pain lasted all night. but saturday july 3rd i started bleeding and i felt something come out of me *** was the size of the palm of my hand it looked like a clot but it was like white clear color and a little cream color. the pain lasted till tuesday july 6th but the bleeding still happening but not as heavy. i called the doc but she said if i dont have no pain then it wasnt a miscarriage. what should i do. any ideas. im sacred..... sorry for every 1 bout the lost i went thru the same in nov-2007.
this is a late response so no clue if anyone will ever see it.  if am currently having a miscarriage at 6 weeks...my first child will be a year in two days.  i am beyond sad, but the love and energy from my little boy is getting me through.  i cannot imagine how hard it is to miscarry with your first pregnancy. i am sorry for all of your losses, but i am so saddened for those who are experiencing loss in their first pregnancy.   i had to post to say: find a compassionate caregiver!  my OBGYN was amazing today.  she was sad for me, apologized repeatedly for my loss, and offered me all the hope for the future.  i hear a lot of drs treat miscarriage as an everyday thing.
My miscarriage started on July 8th. I bled everyday through the 15th. Lite bleeding on the 16th, heavier bleeding again on the 17th, and lite bleeing since then. I didn't have a DandC or anything, I miscarried "naturally". This was my first pregnancy, it was unexpected, but I'm still comepltely devastated and no one in either my husband or I's family knows. We didn't tell anyone we were pregnant, so we aren't telling anyone I miscarried. I feel awful and don't ever want to go through this again. My husband wants kids so bad, but now I don't know if I want to get pregnant again.  :(
i have a misscarriages but the bby never came out! i went to the doctor and he say waited for a week or two to c if the bby fall out it self...i waited and finaly on aug the 8 my stomache was hurting really bad my husband took me to the doctor and they give me iv and some pain medication. after a while later the bby fell out. but after four days to today im still bleeding but the doctor did ultrasound n say nothing left in my body! but i keep still having cramps and its hurting me with alot of pain in my stomache! what can i do.
I am 18 and i'm on birth control but i skipped a day of my pill on accident. My boyfriend and I had sex that day and the day after. I was three days late for my period and today is the first day. About 15 minutes ago i passed a tissue like substance and my periods are normally pretty light and I usually never get cramps but these are the worst I've ever had... I have also always had an irregular period and clotted during them. What are the chances of this being a m/c??? I'm really nervous.
I am currently experiencing my first miscarriage. My husband and I have three beautiful children and want one more to complete our family. My heart goes out to all of you who have experienced this as it is the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I went to my 16wk visit on 9/7/10 and an ultrasound confirmed that there was not a heartbeat any longer after we had heard it at 12wks 5days. The baby had died around 13 weeks. The doctor scheduled a DNC for 9/13/10, but on Saturday morning about 3 am I began to miscarry on my own after several days of lower back and hip pain very similar to what my labors are like. I passed a lot of blood and tissue and was very weak. My husband drove me to the ER where I was monitored and an ultrasound was done showing very little remaining in my uterus. After being discharged I passed quite a bit more very large clots and tissue once I got home. After passing the second round of things the bleeding eased up and has been like a period for the last 3 days. I started bleeding a little more today and passed another clot and possibly a very small piece of tissue. I am really hoping for the bleeding to stop soon as we are very anxious to start trying for another baby. We are scared at the same time but the doctors have told us that 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage and that there is no reason why our next pregnancy would not be healthy. I also have a lot of faith in God and know that he will see of through this pain and we will be blessed with another healthy baby. My heart goes out to all of you who have experieced this, as I do not think that anyone should go through this kind of heart ache. Best of luck to all of you now and in the future.
This is the first time I managed to get pregnant after many years,, I went for my first u/s a week ago and was told that the baby had stopped growing at 5weeks 3days,( should've been reading at 7) the dr told me to take progesterone tablets to help prevent a miscarriage ,,  they didnt,, 5 days ago I had v bad pain in my lower back and similar to period cramps with sudden heavy bleeding,, i have passed some clots but not seen the sac,  im abroad so i have had to go private and am not sure im getting the right advice, each blood test and visit come to quite alot, i.e the doctor- before checking my Hcg levels sent me to do 11 different blood,urine, vaginal tests which all came back ok, then sent me for my first Hcg test..I just did what I was told,,,now i am trying to let nature take its course but everyone keeps telling me I should get the d&c done,,,i have lost faith in the doctor, If anyone can tell me whether it is always obvious there is an infection, and if anything is left inside whether it can be seen in an u/s,
I am sorry for all the losses ive read about and wish us all the strength and courage to accept that it wasnt meant to be this time, and when its time it'll happen no matter what.      
It is so sad to read your post.  I hope you are doing much better now.  I write this with shock and sadness as i am going through another miscarriage at this present moment, number 9 to be precise;  been trying since I was 30, i am now 41; i feel helpless and lost.  Keep on trying and dont give up.  I thank God for my husband who insists that we must not give up and he has very strong faith. God bless.  littlemiss
Im sorry to hear about all ur stories. im miscarrying as I we speak
Ive been pregnant for 10 weeks. I started with light bleeding on monday it continued, I woke up thia mng jes to feel worse i sant on the toilet n i was bleeding like water from the tap would nt stop with severe cramps.
I sat in the toilet for 2hrs but no relief this is my first pregnancy it was unplanned my bf is in another city he wont be here till tmrw. im devasted rite now
i found out i lost my baby at 10 weeks on Dec. 6th 2010. it took almost 2 weeks for the bleeding to start and the day after christmas i passed everything and then bled for another week. finally stopped yesterday. good luck to you.
i started bleeding on 17th december it was light spotting this last for 3 days and then turned into light flow..... i had a scan which confirmed i was 6 weeks pregnant bleeding then slowed down and stopped on 27th december! on 31st december spotting started by tuesday 4th it turned into heavy bleed and light cramps the next morning i was admitted to hospital after an exmanation i was told my womb was closed to go home and wait for scan at 12 weeks. 9pm that night the light cramps became stronger and bleeding heavier my partner rang medicom and he took me to a n e i was admitted back onto ward ny this time cramps were unbareable every 3 minutes lasting for a minute..... two exmanations said my womb was closed so they could not remove anything scan produced mixed echoes.... i was discharged thursday morning on 6th jan bleeding had slowed cramps had gone ..... at 7pm that night bleeding still slowed and cramps gone i suddenly felt my vagina open i went to toilet my partner took my pants off and said this was not a clot i looked at it and it ws an intact baby which is the most horrifying thing i have ever had to do i screamed cried ...... 1pm passes jelly blood small clot ..... bleeding slowed next day but by 7pm cramps retuned and that is how far my story is up to..... worse experience of my life..... i have to go back to clinic to see if all of baby has gone tuesday.
I just had a miscarriage on Sunday and I was terrified...I too now understand all the feelings a woman goes through because I was only 10weeks 1 day pregnant and I was soo attached to the fetus.  I didn't know what to do except cry and feel that I was not worthy of being a parent.  My husband and I were trying for so long now and we failed because the baby is gone...As the weeks are going by I remember how far along I was suppose to be.  Today would of been 11 weeks and next Sat would've been 3 months.  I really want to try again as soon as possible. I have a doctors appointment on Friday and I hope the doctor tells me that I can go ahead and start.  As for those women with the bleeding questions I am still bleeding and it has been 6 days.  I noticed when I lift something heavy the bleeding is more than if I am just relaxed.  I really want the bleeding to stop and I want to try again.  I hope all works out for everyone and I hope the next time I get pregnant I will be lucky enough to have my baby to term!
am so worried, my last period was december 10th and my next due date should have been jan 7th well i haven't had any period untill today i saw a lil light bleeding . am i preg or its my normal period coming?
I know it been awhile but I too am going through the same thing u did n it touched me when u said u hope for the best an expected the worst, this is the third time for me an it always hurts like it's the first time. Wish I know why it keeps happening , but my hopes n prayers are that God will look on is that really hope for our babies health an carry them safely through to the families that have been waiting to love them.....God Bless U an ur family!!!!
I started having a miscarraige at the beginning of Jan.  I bled for about 10 days and then it stopped for a week and started again.  I am really scared to have a D&C.  I just want it all to be over and to be able to try again.  But the bleeding is really starting to get me down.  They say that as long as the pregnancy test is negative and the bleeding doesnt smell or I dont have a fever then all is ok.  But I dont want to bleed anymore, its like a constant torture that I am not pregnant anymore.  Everyone else just forgets about it and gets on with there life, while everytime I go to the loo I am reminded that its all over.  :(
I had a miscarriage on the 19th jan.  no blood just cramps.  then had a small bleed on the 22 jan.  Then 2 days later i started bleeding like a period.  5 days later i had 2 days of heavy clots and lots of blood then back to a normal period.  i have been bleeding now for 15 days and im over it.  how long do you bleed for seriously!  My HCG levels are dropping but still at 137 at last test.  i have to have tests weekly till it gets back to O.  Didnt think i would bleed this long tho.  
Actually i have never been able to comment to forums, but this one just made me do it.I just had a m/c last Wed.i was in my 11th week.A day prior i had slight spotting which continued the next day.I did read abt it online, and it seemed normal.The next day i still had the bleeding, so had an ultrasound.evythn turned upside down for me, as the doc said the baby had not grown after the 3rd week and there was no heart beat.I cried incessantly, still i thnk abt it and feel worse.I felt as if im not capable.and worse was my sis in law had jst delivered a baby on the same day, whch made me feel even more horrible.But i do thank God, since i feel He did this so i dont have a baby with any abnormalities whch wud be the case otherwise.I thank You all for posting all the above, whch made me feel strong and i got to know that im not the only person in this world and I too can have normal babies like others.
Hi everyone I've been reading all ur comments and I am really touched. I had a missied carried at the weekend, I was 6 weeks pregnant. I was really upset but then I started to think differently. Its made me feel even more greatful to have my son cause he God willed he could have made the same thing happen when I was pregnant with him. I pray for all of you, I pray that none of us have to go through this again God willing. Amin

It says in the Holy quran

Surah (chapter) 22:5- O people, if you should be in doubt about the Resurrection, then consider that indeed, We created you from dust, then from (nutfah)  mixed drops of male and female sexual discharged, then from a clinging clot, and then from a lump of flesh, formed and unformed in the case of miscarriage - that We may show you. And We settle in the wombs whom We will for a specified term, then We bring you out as a child, and then We develop you, that you may reach your time of maturity. And among you is he who is taken in early death, and among you is he who is returned to the most decrepit old age so that he knows nothing, after once having knowledge. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down upon it rain, it quivers and swells and grows [something] of every beautiful kind

Surah 23:14 Then we made the nutfah into a clot, a piece of coagulated blood), then we made the clot in to a little lump of flesh, then we made out of that lump of flesh bones, then we clothed the bones with flesh, and then we brought it forth as another creation. So blessed is God, the best of creators.  
Such is God your Lord, his is the kingdom. None has the right to be worshipped but he.
I'm very touched and saddened by all of your stories! May God bless you all with a healthy baby in the future! I had a miscarriage at the beginning of last month after about 3 weeks of bleeding and finally expelling the sac. I recovered quickly and my doc actually told me I was "halfway through my cycle" at my follow-up and doing just fine. Weeks went on and I started having pregnancy symptoms again, took 2 tests and they were both positive, so I was very happy!!!! I felt so much better this time around and thought everything was fine. However, one morning I had a terrible pain all across my tummy and it felt like I was in labor, but had absolutely no bleeding. Here I am again, back at the blood lab to test my hormones (still very hopeful) but sure enough my levels dropped after 48 hours. Today, I learned that I wasn't pregnant after all, which was sooo devastating. My symptoms continued because of a large ovarian cyst and it's prolonging my recovery from the miscarriage. I'm so heartbroken and don't wish this pain on anyone!! God bless you all!
i didn't even know.  My first ob appointment was at 9 weeks everything was great.  my husband and i were excited this was our first pregnancy.  Everything seem to be going fine.  On Feb 2, 2011 i had my 2nd ob visit, b/c we were told that it was just going to be a lot of messuring and checking we agreed that my husband could stay home.  At the appointment my Ob started to listen to my belly with the amplifier for a heart beat..didnt get real nervious b/c the last time she tried to use it..it (the amplifier) wasn't working.  she turned on the ultrasound machine and started to messure and i seen her hands start to shake a little. i looked for a heart beat myself and got concerened i along with her couldn't find one. She measured and said i was a week behind and she wanted to switch to the doppler which showed the blood flow and would help us find the heart...she was very delicate yet professional when we were looking. she explained that we were looking for blue and red colors which indicated blood flow to the baby we didn't see any.  I asked what that ment and was suddenly in shock... i had no warning signs nothing and here i was without my husband learning i had a misscarrige.  I opted for the d&c emotionally didn't want to go through passing anything naturally we do have plans to try again.. just right now emotionally numb. i am on my 3rd day of bleeding and anxious for it to stop so we can try again but know that my body does need to heal and will in time.  I see my ob for a follow up on the 14th on the month and she will let me know were i am at for trying again.  she mentioned after my next period so we have an lmp.  my condolences to all we will get throught this
Hi, i recently had a miscarriage, I went to ugent care because i was having pain on my left side, there they told me i was pregant my first pregancy, they thought it was an etopic pregancy then they did ultrasounds and couldnt see much because i was still early they never told me how far along i was, they did take my blood and my levels were at 800 and then two days later it was 450 then two days after they were 145 so it was a miscarrige and a normal pregancy, i just went for blood test to see were my levels are i never bleed until last monday a week ago from today, im was still bleeding until yesterday and then today i am spotting again i was wondering when can i have sex again, and is my bleeding normal? I still have left side pain.Im only 21 and my doctor hasnt really said much to me
its amazing how many women/couples go through the same thing, its good to be able to talk to each other and know that we are not the only ones that go through this, i just had my first misscarriage i would of been 13 weeks on monday but it turns out that i had a blighted ovum, its a very horrible experience to misscarriage natural i ended up in emergency to have a d/c, i passes massive clots and not the sac, but on the bright side i will be abke to try again when the time is right, as for the bleeding i am very light after the d/c
I am in the same boat as you. At about 5-6 I started spotting, just old blood at first with cramping. Ultrasound showed a good gestational sack but within 48 hours the blood was fresh and and lot of clotting. My hcg had only increased a bit. My cervix was still closed fairly tightly but the flow was heavier. Cramping got worse and suddenly I passed tissue...a little fleshy sack. My hcg had dropped. They test it weekly to make sure keeps going down but I am still bleeding over 9 days after the miscarriage (total of 2 weeks). I am not sure if I will need to go in for a d&c.
The doctor said the fact I got pregnant was encouraging. But the medication I was taking--Effexor (generic is Venlafaxine)--could have caused the m/c even though I have been weening off of it.
It's tough but you and I will get through it.  Good luck and God bless.
I had a blighted ovum that was discovered around 10 weeks. I decided to mc naturally, and began to bleed about two weeks later. Although the doctor said that there wasn't much inside, since there was no embryo, only a sac, I bled for a little over two months. The mc didn't complete on its own, so finally I went to get a d&c - there was a tiny bit of tissue (the size of half of a pinky nail, the doctor said) still causing me to have hcg levels above 5! Finally, just as I was about to begin taking birth control pills to regulate my hormones because the bleeding just wouldn't stop, it stopped. Two months later, I got pregnant again, and now I'm 11 weeks & 3 days. I still remember all of those feelings and I get really worried between scans. I've seen the heartbeat 2x and heard it at my last visit, but I still get worried.  
Hi, my name is amanda, I have no kids. I am no longer than 4 weeks, and the doctors informed me that I might be having a miscarriage. I woke up on friday and was bleeding heavy...for about a week I bled heavy and light on and off with alot of clots and cramping, but after a week the bleeding stopped. I won't know until tomorrow if I am actually having a micarriage. It has been a painful week and I'm scared...my friend is pregnant 5 months and said she bled for the first two months with clots and shes just fine. My Hg level was 40 when I was tested! Can anyone give me some words of advise...because I am freaking out...I've never been through anything like this before!!

Sorry that you are going through this. I had a miscarriage at 1 day short of 8 weeks. I starting having brown blood with clots. The nurse told me that this is normal, unless the blood turns bright red and there are cramps. Over the next 2 days, there was a LOT of brown blood and really large clots. I was scheduled for an emergency ultrasound and it turns out that the baby stopped growing around 7.5 weeks.
      I had blood work done every week to monitor the hcg levels. They were dropping, which means that you are going to miscarry. I decided not to have a d&c. I have had issues staying pregnant and didn't want any added risk (even thought I know that the risk is very minimal).
     The pain and bleeding that I experienced was unreal. I called my nurse to see what I could do. All she said is that this was a glimpse of labor. I couldn't leave the bathroom for nearly 8 hours. Once the pain was gone, I still continued to bleed pretty heavy.
     My miscarriage started March 24, and I am still bleeding. It's not heavy, but there is still some. I haven't called my doctor to discuss this, but will be doing so this coming week.
     I feel your pain, and I know that there are really no words to help, but listening does help, so talk about it until you feel better.
I have just had a miscarriage i was 8 weeks and 3 days i am still bleeding i have been bleeding for about 2 weeks the first week that i started bleeding i went for a ultra sound that said every thing was ok. i ended up in hospital on the 7th day then found outi was misscarriaging everytime i talk to my mum she crys and my mother inlaw thinks she knows everything but she has never been through a miscarriage its really hard to talk to anybody.
Hi everyone, I read all of your blog and I am so sorry to hear about you all lost. I am 41 years old and have three beautiful kids. My husband and I decided to have more kids. I miss my period in april so base on my missed period I am 9 weeks pregnant. I had an OB appointment on Monday May 16 2011. Base on my age and I have had two c-section already she wanted to make sure how far along I was, so she send me to do an ultrasound that same day. Upon arriving at the hospital did my paper works and say waiting for my name to called. I went in did my sonogram only to find out I was not only pregnant but pregnant with triplets I was so excited with the news, was not even paying attention that I did not hear a heart beat, I was just laying there stearing on the monitor, knowning that I wad not using any fertility drugs, how can I an having three babies (sigh). Any way after she finish she told me the Dr. will go over my sonogram with me, she said wait in the waiting area and the Dr. will call me. I waited fortwo more hours for him to see me, by this time I started to get worried, because people that came after me went in to see the Dr. Finally her called my name, I proceeded to his office he said have a seat, I sat. He said I just finish looking on your sonogram, but first I have to ask you a few question age, how many pregnany, etc. then he I have some bad news....(HUH?  bad news, how can you give me bad news when I an having triplets thats great news). So I thought he said Mrs. _______ there is two sacks with three fetus, but unfortunately there is no fetal movement. I went numb, I couldn't even cry, I  was so surprised, to go from hearing that you having three babies to all is gone......hmmmmmm, he asked if I have any questions I said no and just left his office. On my way home I called my husband and my OB to let them know what happened. My OB to me I can wait for it to pass on its own are I can come in for a D/C, I told her I wanted to wait out out, but since Monday May 16 and today is May 21 I have not seen no blood not in any pain are any thing, should I be worried seeing that its three babies I just let nature take its course. I leave thing in Gods hand he gave them to me and he take them away, he knows best. I countinue to pray that I will pass them soon because I want to try again. Best of luck to each and every one of you ladies you all are super woman. Thanks for reading my story and I will continue to pray for all of us.God blessing to each.
Hi sorry for your loss I am currently misscarying myself. I went in on may 15th because of spotting I was supposed to be 11wks and 5 days but my baby measured 8 weeks with no heartbeat. I had a dead baby in me for 4 weeks my body did not want to let my baby go. I have passed everything naturally but still bleeding a little more like heavy spotting. Natural I think is the way to go. I have been trying for 2 years I already have 2 children. In 2009 they told me my uterus has been damaged due to a preferation by my IUD removal but I did get pregnant so I do have more faith, the doctors (3) were wrong. Wish you the best
Wow, i did not know they could stay there so long before
you actually pass the clots, thats amazing. Still waiting to see what happens with my m/c........thanks hotspot234.
so sorry for what you are going through. :(

i had a chemical pregnancy in november 2010, i had a mc on june 6, wont see my dr again til next week. i'm a little concerned by all this but my dr seems to think that they were just flukes. my husband and i have been married for 9 years and we have no children, hoping someday it works out for us.
hi im 27 years old i have 1 child i did not bleed with him i found out that im 5 week prego monday (20th) i was soo exited. when i come back from work yestuday i noticed spotting i went to the doctors at 6:10 thay said rest and to keep an eye on it last night about 10:30 i began to bleed heaverly then it was clots the doctor said that when you stop bleading take anouther prego  test could there still be a chance that my baby is still?? there plz help me im so scared
I was 11 weeks and 3 days and had a little bit of bleeding. I called my doctors office and they said it was fairly normal to have some bleeding/spotting. So as the days went by I had a bit more bleeding off and on. Never enough where I needed a pad at when I was suppose to be 12 weeks and 2 days I had a good amount of red blood and this was the day before my ultrasound. I read many cases where most mother's had this and did not miscarry but the following day when I went to my ultrasound I could tell they didn't see the baby and I heard no heartbeat. The tech kept focusing on a small mass area on the right side of my uterus. I didn't see much but I don't really know how much should be there. I have bleed off and on for 10 days but I have not had a mass blood clot amount drop and I haven't had any pain/cramping. I'm worried that there is much more to come I just wish it would pass already. I'm want to do this naturally but also scared on how they will know it's all gone? I know I can do a blood test but will that really let us know it's all gone? I'm broken hearted and can't wait to get pregnant again. I pray that I will not miss carry again. It's so heart breaking and it is not fair to the mommy's who want this so much and tried to be healthy for their child in hopes of a "normal" baby.
I started spotting last Sunday and had some clots, I went to the Dr. because I was concerned about the pinkish/white I had passed on that Wednesday.  I was informed I was pregnant and most likely having a miscarriage.  I went had a blood test that Friday and it was 93 and went back today and it dropped to 79.  I have been spotting for almost 9 days now!  I have a 9 yr old son and havent been able to get pregnant since he was born.  Seems like no one is giving me answers and Im a wreck!  I have to see the dr. tomorrow to find out whats going on!  I just want a definite answer! :(
I have jus came off my period four days ago and today I started to bleed really heavily and I'm still bleedin I'm not sure what's wrong can any one plz help
Well I just experienced my 1st pregnancy and my 1st miscarrage... we have been trying for 5 yeras to fall pregnant, just been accepted for IVF treatment and then found out that we had fallen pregnant naturally.I had my fingers crossed waiting to hit the magic 12 week mark, and a day after i started to bleed, I saw a doctor and he siad that the cervix was closed, so good news... go home , rest and see what happens, I statred to bleed alot o few hours later so went into the ER. that night I experienced a complete miscarrage, lucky not to need a D/C but it was very painful and emotionaly draining. I think after so many years of trying and being disappointed I feel detached from what has happened. I find I am consoling others around me. I came to a realisation around 4am while i was lying in hospital... I have so many amazing things in my life to be happy about... I will just have to focus on those and not dwell on the shite parts... If you let it consume you then you will drown in the sorrow and unfairness of it all. Yes it *****, yes it hurts, yes you will never be the same again as some part of you is scared for life, but THATS LIFE... not sure if this will help anyone, or if it is just my way of venting, sorry to you all and thanks for letting me vent!  Kia Kaha (be strong) KIWI
ps) was wondering too how long I should expect to bleed for ...
Hi all, I had miscarriage 10 days before but I m still bleeding. Is it normal? Can anyone help pls?
this does suck for all the women who had to go through this.. i started having one 4 nights ago.. i was only 7 weeks and i cryed and cryed this preg. would of made my 3rd child but my first child with the man i am in love with we got excited but it is smart to put it in gods hands and he will take care of you.. i am still bleeding heavy i dunno if they baby has passed through the hospital i went to didnt even care and treated me horriable keep ur heads up ladies and dont give up i always thought if i ever had one i would lose it but its nice if u got friends and family to be there and of course the love of your life.. the pain comes and goes with me.. i did some research if your under 10 weeks u most likely do not need to get a d&c just so u women know i started flippin out cuz everyone is telling me i need one i will if there is still tissue and all that in there and it did not pass through i hope i was to help any of yall.. i highly recommend relaxing if ur cramping i use a heating pad it help me i had really bad lower back pains i felt like i was in labor for 72 hrs..
I miscarried at 9 weeks, Dr said development was only 6 weeks. I didn't go through with the D&C. I started bleeding/spotting old & new blood 22 days ago & I still am. My Dr insists I have the D&C, or I could have complications or an infection. I don't know what to do. Does anyone?
I had a m/c on the 25th of August at 5 weeks. I am still bleeding. The bleeding has gotten much lighter, especially during the day. At night, cramping starts again and I bleed heavier with more clots. I have one healthy baby boy (15 months) so this was my second pregnancy. We were absolutely elated. Its nice to know there is a sight out there that we can all share our stories on. The emotional pain of a m/c is so hard. The bond we all feel when we see the + sign on a pregnancy test is overwhelming. Everyone out there, keep your heads up. I pray that we all have a healthy pregnancy very soon. God Bless.
I have never been pregnant before until recently. My boyfriend begged me to take a test last wednesday because he felt strongly that I was. I took it and it was invalid. I took another one a week ago, and it was positive. He and I went to the doctor just this wednesday and found out my expected due date and etc. We were so excited, we had been together for years and were ready to start a family. I went back to his house later that night and started cramping really bad. Then suddenly I was freezing cold, started shivering and shaking. I felt like I needed to go to the bathroom, but then I went and started bleeding a lot. Then I saw a clot pass. I immediately freaked out. I was cryin so much I couldn't even talk. I just pointed to the toilet. He got scared and rushed me to the hospital. They did blood test, and an ultrasound but didn't tell me for sure what was happening. We definitely feel like it was a miscarraige but that didn't say for sure.I just passed another clot. I really don't feel pregnant anymore, but I wanna be sure. Im still bleeding and still very emotional. Im so anxious about getting pregnant again.
sorry to hear bout your loss I recently found out I was pregnant and at 7wks 2 days I had misscarriage i was kept hospital over nite and sent scan next morning to ensure id passed everything and to my shock there was a heartbeat, hospital thinks what passed was either twin or polop, still awaiting results. Ive then had 4 diff incidents where I hav had large bleed but scan has shown baby doin fine. No explanation for bleeding and it is still comin and going every few days. Has anyone experienced this?? Pls help im due another scan next wk to see if this last bleed was another miscarriage :(
I am so sorry for everyone's loss.  I am still miscarrying.  This was my first pregnancy and I was 13 weeks pregnant.  The day before the miscarriage I heard the heartbeat for the first and only time.  The next day I got contractions and went to the hospital, where I miscarried.  That was a week ago and I'm still bleeding.  The baby was healthy and it was my own body's instability that caused the miscarriage.  I had gastric bypass 10 months ago and I got pregnant during my 7th month.  I was supposed to wait a year and a half to get pregnant but it kinda just happened.  I lost a total of 12 pounds during my 3 months of pregnancy.  I just wanted to include that I have read all of your kind words and have felt comforted to know that I am not alone.  

For those of you women looking for words of comfort, I'll tell you what people have told me...Everything happens for a reason.  Just think that when the time is right, it'll happen.  When you finally do have a full term pregnancy and deliver, and when you see your tiny angel and are completely and totally in love with him or her, then you'll know and understand the saying "everything happens for a reason" because if the first pregnancy would have carried out to the end, then that tiny angel that you love so much might not have been in the picture.  This comforts me and I look forward to fortifying my system to try again!
My daughter just m/c yesterday at 6 weeks pregnant. She started spotting at 8pm Tuesday evening, we took her to the er and her # was in the 9,000. The next day she went back to the ER bleeding a little more and very bad cramps, her # had dropped into the 7,000 and they told her she was m/c and there was nothing they could do, they gave her tylenol and sent her home for nature to take it's course. that afternoon her bleeding got heavier and pains got worse, went to the ER again (very scared) and they gave her pain meds and her # was in the 6,000 and they sent her home.  That evening abvout 2 hours after leaving the ER she started to bleed very heavy (hemorage) and the pain was unbearable, she m/c at around 12:30am and had to call 911 from the bleeding. The ambulance got her to the closest hospital and they confirmed she lost the baby. Today she she is still passing tissue and bleeding and cramping. Her feelings are hurt more than anything she was so happy about being a mommy. Me as her mother am at a loss for words, I wish I could take all this pain and depression away from her and I feel so helpless because there is nothing more I can do other than comfort her and tell her how much I love her, I tell her everything will be ok but right now it isn't. It hurts so bad seeing and experiencing your child going through this physical and emotional pain. I know what you have all went through and I am so sorry for your loss. This site has helped me a lot with the questions that were running through our minds.
You have to do the D&C or you can get an infection that can kill you. 6 days after I delivered my first child (been sick that entire week) I went to the bathroom and there was meat hanging out of meat, I tried to pull it out but it was attatched. I was rushed to the ER and they said if I would have waited any longer it would had became gang green and killed me. I didn't realize iit at the time but the ER said I was jaundice as weel (from the infection) meaning my skin and the white's of my eyes were yellow. Please take this seriously and do what your doctor is reccomeding...it may save your life.
I am 8 weeks( 9 on Tuesday ) and was told last night that my baby had stopped growing about 6 1/2 weeks, I havn't had any bleeding but having a "clean-up" on mon or tues. I feel nervous not knowing what to expect, can someone help me? This baby was threw ivf. Does anyone no how long it will be before we can try again
Please, can someone tell me what the sac would like? I'm going thru MC now and just last night there was a huge tissue like thingy that i have pulled out, picked it up from the bidet and it occupied 3/4s of my palm (had a very foul smell, like dead fish). It's 2 weeks now since the doc diagnosed that i had MC, (baby was 7 wks and 3 days) but I'm still bleeding.  Since 2 days ago, my discharges have very foul smell and got worried. And last night I was caught by surprise of this HUGE discharge, could this be the sac or the placenta? both Docs told that it was still inside. Finished all my meds, it was only for a week duration. I already called the hospital but doctor is on leave, and referred to another doc, am still waiting for their call back. Should I worried and go to the hospital right away? No pain or fever. And the nurse told me to stay put till she gets information from the new doc. Has anyone experienced the same? Please advice. I'd greatly appreciate it. XX
I'm 28 years old, and this was my first pregnancy. I woke up on Friday morning, went to the bathroom- and there it was....I was bleeding. We rushed to nearest emergency room- the doctor drew some blood, did a pelvic exam, and then I went in for an ultrasound. At 10 weeks along in my pregnancy, the doctor told me I would be able to see my baby's heart beat....I had never seen that before- I was excited/nervous, however hopeful. But I looked up at the ultrasound screen, and couldn't see anything.  The technician couldn't either- she told me that all she saw was a small gestational sac...she said that I probably just had my dates wrong, and that the doctor would be in soon to talk to me. Intuitively I already knew. My baby had stopped growing at about 5 weeks, said the doctor. I was supposed to go back into the hospital to get my levels checked this week- I haven't gone yet. I am bleeding a lot. It's heavy, and it's painful, and I just feel devastated. I was going to be a mom. I picked out names- I was going to paint birch trees on the walls in the nursery- I even bought a few maternity shirts.... And now what? I had no idea I could feel so sad. I am just so sad.  
I understand how you feel. I'm only 3 weeks into my pregnancy and im bleeding like I'm on my period. The doctors said it may not be anything big still im worried. I went and got a crib and clothes the full package. Now I'm scared out of my mind and don't know what to do.
hi  im McKenzie im 17 and im not sure whats goin on with me i havnt takin a prego test since oct 11 at the ER andit was negative i was hurtin really bad in my lower belly they said it was just cyst on my overies but then i started bleeding about two weeks ago its nov 1st now and tonight i started bleedin even more it started two weeks ago like kinda brown and then today it turned bright red and im passing large an small tisue im hurting really bad in my back and belly and down there my mom says it could be a miscarraige but we arent sure im really scared and i need to know whats goin on can anyone help me out plz
Hi Emily, I am 28 as well and just had my first pregnancy/miscarriage this past week. We have been trying since June, and the same exact day I took the test that had a very faint +, I also started bleeding. I found this site because I Googled 'how long will bleeding last after miscarriage'. I thought surely it would've eased up by now but it's still bad. Not just bleeding, but cramping also. I was only 5 1/2 wks and it has been such an intense emotional experience for me. I cannot imagine having been in your position... Being further along and having all the excitement built up for so long-I know that it was, and still continues to be hard for you. In my case, I didn't even have time to be excited about it! I immediately called the nurse hotline at the hospital where my doctor's office is and thy said for me to come in Friday (October 28, 2011). I had a lab done and after lots of building up to the letdown, she finally told me that I was in the process of having a miscarriage. The reason for the faint + on the test was because I had hardly ANY progesterone (the pregnancy hormone). My level was a 2.2. She explained that a healthy pregnancy level should be at least a 6. So I went home and waited process to be over with. That' all I could do, was wait. So I hoped that by now that process would've been over, but it's like it's still the first day-emotionally AND physically! Good luck with any future plans and I pray that us gals can conquer and overcome! :)  
hi, i miscarried around three months ago it was very upsetting and i bleed and miscarried naturally for around 10 days if you are having pain it may mean you still have stuff that needs to  come out (what i was told by my doc). hope your ok:)
my name is david, my wife had a mist m/c. as wefound out on wednesday2nd nov,2011.
we thought we was going for a normal scan as her bleeding and pains had stopped. this would of been our 4th child.
during the scan they could not see a haert beat. and told us that the baby haad died. the next day we went to royal shrewsbury hospital and took a tablet, then went back in today, saturday 5th nov, to finish the process off. it has been a very long day, we was there from 9.30 am till 17.30pm.
although i knew what was happening i found it very scary for my wife. we did everything possible, but the baby just wasnt meant to be. back at home my wife is still bleeding and feels faint. so has gone for a lie down. this site has helped me understand a few things. so i do feel more calmer now. i am so sorry to read how many people have gone through this process, and my thoughts and prayers are with you all.  we will one day go on to have another child when the time is right. god bless all and take care
I had something really similar to what youre describing. A week ago (at 6 weeks preg) i felt fine and then all of a sudden I felt like I peed myself. Ran into the bathroom and there was blood everywhere. I passed this round tissue that was the size of a half dollar and it fit in the palm of my hand. I didnt notice any smell, but I was sobbing so much that my nose just got all runny. Went to the hospital and they wanted to see it, so my husband stuck it in those urine cups and gave it to them. They never told me what it was exactly that I passed, but as soon as they saw it and tested something with it, they told me for sure I had a m/c. They were routinely gonna give me a D&C but wanted to do an ultrasound first.. they discovered I was gonna have twins and one was still alive. Nothing short of a miracle. Had they done the D&C without checking first, I wouldve lost both my babies. Still have no idea if my little one was in that massive tissue... but Id like to think it was... I atleast got to hold them once. :(
I had exactly the same situation as yours. I bled for about 4 days, no pain, not very heavy. But today I found out that I had a natural miscarriage.  God took my baby with him and I'm pray for my next baby.
I'm praying for you but I suggest you get an ultrasound as soon as possible.
i know waht it is like i had 2 mc and both of them are sad and i can only said that times it hte only cure iam crying olmost eerey day .i just decied tha ti need to do something else wihtme life go to hte gym or anything becasue it will make you crazy and none around you will want to hear you .
i feel for you i am nearly 12 weeks with my 4th child i started spotting last friday went to doctor got told my cervic is still closed so go home and rest and it would all be ok by sunday i was stillb leeding but it had got heaver so went to hants doc who told me i was miscarrying i was devistated and got took to gynea ward after yet another examination the doctor there told me she didnt know what was going on and told me i was having a threating miscarriage and got sent home and had to go back on wednesday for a scan to see what was happening after a long and painful internal scan they found a baby still but it only measure 6 weeks so to small to find a heart beat so still dont know what is going on got to go back next thursday for yet another scan to see if the baby has either one passed oe two grown some more in which case if it has then it is still alive but not sure why its not measuring what it should for 12 weeks so very upset confused and fed up of waiting just want to know what is going on so me and my husband can deal with it so i know how you feel