Maternal & Child Community
How long does implantation bleeding last

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Viewing 401-437 comments:
a faint bfp is still a bfp!! congrats girl! did the faint line show up right away or after 10 mins though? as long as it showed up within the time frame of the test I'd say your definately PG. mention the spotting to the dr. but I'm sure your fine as long as it doesn't get really heavy and you don't feel any major cramping its not a m/c. But i took a couple tests and stared at them for so long I saw a faint bfp but it was really an evap line : ( lol.

send everyone BABY DUST!
The faint line showed up right after the first one.  It was only like maybe a minute after.  I don't think I even waited 10 minutes to look at it!! ha ha!!  Well I hope everything is ok!  I'm going to the doctors!!  ill update you after!!  Thanks
thats so good!! congrats!! =].

slivercheer
STILL no period i took a preg test yesterday and another one a few days before that and they both came out negative... im so confused! why havent i had my pd its been over 10 days since i was supposed to get it.... idk
you ladies should start another forum lol plz i can barely keep udated on you wonderful ladies my comp takes for ever to load this forum im soo outta the loop.

Telly still getting negitives i wonder what the h3lls going on lol as im sure you are wondering to hmmmm

BABY DUST TO ALL *********
yes i am wondering whats going on lol and i agree it takes my comp forever to load this forum cuz there are so many comments on it!  but yeah my fiance thinks im preg and i kinda do too and i feel like if i am its going to be a boy lol or maybe thats just me getting carried away either way its time for me to go to the doctor and get a blood preg test so once again i can clear my mind of all this am i or arent i stuff. my frikkin nipples hurt so bad last night!! lol just thought i would share. they are so sensitive and this i know im not imagining lol and still no sign of a pd.... my friend ana took 6 preg tests when she was 3 months preg and 5 of them came out negative, so idk what to think about that either.. hmmm
Iets start a new one today..what should we call it?

Thats a good sign telly!! when are you going to go to the dr? thats weird about your friend.. idk.  I'm anticipating the weekend!
still bleeding im pretty sure it was my period it was light and then get heavy and now its light again but i still have it and i got it on the 3rd! it usually doesnt last thing long im so confused..
lol idk what we would call it maybe just something simple like... spotting lol idk yeah i thought it was a good sign too! im kinda excited now cuz i think i might be for real this time lol since i havent gotten my pd at all my nips hurt so bad and then the whole my friend was def. preg and she still got negatives so idk

kierstyn yeah i think that was your pd. are you tryin to concieve (conceive)?
oh yeah and idk when im going to the doctor i think maybe tuesday or wednesday i havent made an appointment yet.
yeah ive been waiting for the bleeding to stop lol it seems like forever!!
lol yeah i usually have a short pd and a long cycle but never this long lol
Went to the doctors..they made me take another pregnancy test and it came out positive!  They told me the same thing my friends told me.  Since I was spotting that it could just be early or i may be having a miscarriage!!  But its only brown stuff and its hardly anything and I don't have any cramps so I'm praying im just early!!  They took my blood and i have another appointment thursday to do the ultra sound to see whats going on!!  Please pray for me..ha ha!!  I'm hoping everything is ok!!  Ill keep you guys updated!!  Thanks for all the advice!!  
aww im so happy for you thats exciting!! and if you were having a miscarriage you would KNOW cuz you would have severe cramping and be in some pain. congratulations, spread some of that good luck baby dust our way lol
Ok I'm new here and looking for answers.  I've wanted a baby for a while but hubby's been on the fence.  So we started trying last month.  Last period started on 4-14 and I have a 32-33 day cycle.  According to my ovulation calendar I would have ovulated the 30 - 3.  I had a some spotting on the 4-5.  The calendar said implantation would be on the 8th.  I started spotting again on the 10 and still am.  My period would be until the 17.  Could I be pregnant or just reading into it too much?
oops.  I mis-spoke my last post.  My period would not be until the 17.  
It is possible! but I would try to wait until the 17th, see if the spotting gets heavier or turns into a period. If not I would test on after the 17th to be sure. Good luck keep us posted!

ALL

ok so he FINALLY proposed I knew it was going to be yesterday! we dropped the baby off and went to stone mountain, we hiked to the top and were laying on the rock enjoying the view and the wind and he asked me! I wish I was more suprised but it was really sweet and couldn't have been a better time or place! We went to outback for dinner and the baby was really good for my friend. Plus he got me some cd's and a breadmaker! it was so sweet though because I had been talking about how I needed this certain cd to replace the one I used to have that was the first cd I ever had, and he remembered! aww it was a day to remember!
awwww!! thats so sweet! congrats!! i STILL havent gotten my pd and the preg test i took was a cheapo the dollar store kind and i had a friend the other day who took the $1 hpt and it came out neg. then she took the $15 one and it turned out positive.. so maybe i should stop bein cheap and pay the 15 bucks lol! so there is a little hope its been 48 days since the start of my last pd, so what do you guys think?
oh yeah and i was gunna ask you when the wedding date was!! or you guys havent had time to decide that yet?
Thats weird when I got my bfn i used a cheapy one too but www.peeonastick.com i think it was tells you the sensitivity of the tests and the dollar store ones are just as sensitive, but maybe expiration date? 48 days is a long time! No date yet what about you? I took a pic of the ring though I'm putting it on myspace!
I finally went to the doctors!!  I got to see the babys heart!!  It was soo cool.  The doctor said everyone was ok!  I'm 2 months pregnant!!  My due date is Jan. 3 or 4.  It's still early though.. so im just going to pray everything will stay good!!  Thanks for all the advice and making me not stress out!!  The spotting was normal!!  I'll keep you guys updated!!
CONGRATULATIONS! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. i just found out that my friend is pregnant with twins! she has a 1 1/2 yr old daughter! thats really exciting tho. im on the verge of giving up and just dealing with the fact that i have an irregular cycle lol but ugh idk i want a baby. congrats =]
IM IN NEED OF ADVICE IVE BEEN TRYIN TO GET PREGNANT FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW AND I DONT KNOW IF IT WORKED.MY LAST PERIOD WAS ON MAY,18-22. I DONT REALLY KEEP UP WITH ALL MY PERIODS SO I DONT NO WHEN MY NEXT PERIOD IS. I HAD SOME LIGHT BLEEDIND ON THE 6-14 THEN IT GOT HEAVIER FOR ABOUT 2-3 DAYS THEN GOT LIGHT AGAIN WITH NO CRAMPS AT ALL, I HAVE HAD SOME BLOATING SINCE IVE LAST HAD SEX ON THE 1ST OF JUNE IVE BEEN FEELING PRESSURE IN MY STOMACH AND SOME SLIGHT MOVEMENT I HAVENT FELT BEFORE MY STOMACH IS HARD AS THEY SAY IT IS DURING PREGNANCY I WENT TO THE CLINIC ON JUNE 14 , THE BLEEDING STARTED AFTER I GOT BACK HOME AND THE TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE THEY TOLD ME TO COME BACK IN TWO WEEKS BUT I DONT SEE WATS THE POINT IF THAT WAS MY PERIOD BUT IM NOT SURE IF IT WAS IT WAS DIFFERENT THAN USUAL IVE BEEN FEELIN SICK LATLEY I HAVENT TOOK ANOTHER TEST SINCE THEN BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO WASTE TIME AND MONEY IF ANYONE HAS HAD ANYTHING LIKE THIS TELL ME WAT WAS YOUR OUTCOME PLEASE HELP ME
SLIVERCHEER

congrats girl how exciting ima have to see a pic of your ring :)

TELLY
im begining to not like the dollar store tests lol ive heard good things about them but then again ive heard bad things too! ii would buy a 15 test at walmart the have 15 dollar test that come with three soo try buying tha one if you want too! no pressure lol 48 days seems like way to long to not have a period soo test and let me know :")
You guys should just buy the test online it is cheaper! you can get ovulation tests and pg tests cheap!!!
ima have to do that there reliable ive heard :) wheres the best site to buy them at????
not sure.. oh hey I finally got AF last month. got on the pill too I don't want to be pg before the wedding in january. After maybe ; ). check peeonastick.com or ask in the ttc forum.
Thanx slivercheer congrats on getting your af finally lol your weddings in january how exciting im sure your busy making plans where you gonna have your wedding at??? yeah id wait till after your wedding to get preggers again :)
yup I've been working on losing this baby weight to look fantabulus for the wedding, I've been running every day. It will be in RI near the beach.
near the beach awwwww what a spot lol :) good choice
SARAH i saw your photos and you look bautiful and your son is soo cute i saw his lil video i want one lol
aww thanks, I've lost a little weight I'm gonna post some new pics from the 4th real soon, and new video of little David because he is much more mobile now!
ur welcome :) they grow up way too fast it seems :)
whoa. I havent been on here in 4EVER! glad to see everyone is doing good =]
hows everyone doing?? hope all is well with yous
First of all congradulations to the soon to be mommies, new mommies and new brides!!!  Life is hard but it is full of very precious moments, enjoy them all!  

Now, I am wondering if you could tell me what you think of my "symptoms", my DH cant take me asking him anymore what he things LOL.  

I am not 100 percent about my exact ovulation date but I am positive that we were BD`ing in the right time frame.  

3 dpo: fell into coma like sleep where you fight to wake up but cant, very hormonal sleep, EWCM, temps above 98.5

4 dpo -6 dpo: felt strange pulsing stitches in my lower abdomen EWCM, Temps above 98.5

4 dpo: cried and boo hooed over nothing for about an hour, EWCM, Temps above 98.5

7 dpo - 10 dpo: Absolutely nothing. I completely gave up on the notion of being pregnant, Slippery but significantly dryer CM, Temps went down on day 8 to 97.1 then back up to above 98.5 and sometimes reaching 99.1

11 dpo: came down with a cold, now temps could be up because I have a fever...?

12 dpo: Noticed brown yellowish spot when I wiped, no cramping

13 dpo: Did not spot most of the day and then slightly spotted on a panty liner, temps still up high, no cramping

14 dpo: CM tinted brown,yellow and gunky, almost insignificant amount of cramping, no longer sick and temp 99.1. 2 days late.(later in the afternoon cm turned light pink, I was sure that AF would be here by the next morning. Took a cheap no name test and came back negative :(

15 dpo 98.9, no more spotting, did a cervical wipe with finger and lots of cm but no longer has a pink nor brown color, just white and creamy.
I was constipated this morning and that never happens, but other then that I have no other symtoms (symptoms), not even normal AF cramping!
Now it is later in the afternoon and I did another cervical wipe and even though my finger looks clean when I wiped it on a tissue it had a brown tint.  That would be 4 days now of on again and off again spotting.  My temp is now 99.1.  

What do you think is going on??? Does it sound more like AF or pregnancy? This has been a roller coaster 2ww!!
Thank you for your help!

sounds like pg to me, might have been to early to test. I'm not good with the temps or cm charts though you might want to ask the ttc forum about that! but I'd get an early response test and dip it in the pee instead of peeing on the stick, I think the results ae less questionable that way.
Well, I am at 17 DPO, I think at least.  My temps are still up, the faint blood in my cm has all but dissapeared, last night I had insomnia and ended up catching up on my expense accounts.  (Id rather have been sleeping!)  I feel excited and energetic, not sleepy at all.  My boobs are not sore (but they were not sore with my first pregnancy either)  I have no cramping and just a little bit of constipation.  I do not want to see another BFN again, its such a morality killer.  Id rather just keep waiting to see if AF shows her ugly face or not!  I really do not have any pregnancy symptoms nor AF symptoms, I am in limbo, in lala land.  Its driving me a little bonkers but I just dont have the money to keep buying 7 dollar tests that say Nope You Aint Preggers!  Baby dust to everyone here and to me as well!!!
Hey everyone. Sorry i havent been on in awhile. Just been super busy. Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Got baby bump photos in gallery if anyone wants to see.
Sexygirl wow your already six months thats awesome are you having a boy or girl?

Slivercheer

hows things with you going?
I am having a boy
A boy how exciting
Yeah it is. My boyfriend is really excited that were having a boy first.
I don't know if any one can help me or not. A little over a week ago I had sex. We didn't use any protection. Now I think I'm pregnant. I am very irregular on my periods. So I never know when I'm going to have them. I haven't had one in a long time. So i thought I couldn't get pregnant.  A few days ago I started feeling light headed, these weird feelings in my lower abdamand, bad headaches, nausea, and sleepy. Then the next day I started spotting. A very light pink. Not much though. It would only last about a hour or so then go away. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negitive. Which I didn't think it would show up that early if I was. The spotting is still happened today. This is the third day of it. I still have all the sympoms. Last night I got up 3 times to go pee. Which I never do. And I didn't drink any thing before I went to bed. O ya I burp and really gassy right now also. So can any one help me out.
so im really in need of some advice, here goes, my last period was Sept. 28th, and I am usually very regular in my periods in every aspect, how they are, when they come, how long they last (7days) etc. My cycle would be around 31 days, and my next period is due around Oct.28th. On Fri (17th) I had nausea w/vommitting which then faded away, the nausea returned on Sat (18th) which continued for about an hr or 2 after vomitting again. Sun (19th) nausea came abck for a bit but went away, Mon (20th) nausea again which caused me to vomit but I just woke up and nothing really came out. Also on Mon (20th) i noticed light tan/beige when I wiped, nothing on my underwear. This discharge continued n became dark brown and a bit heavier on Tues (21) barely enough to fill a pantyliner, and today Wed (22nd), enough to fill a panty liner. The nausea has went away since Mon (20th), and my period is still not due for another week. I never have had discharge prior to a period other than the regular clear/white, when my period starts its usually blood, and is very very heavy until the last day or 2, when it is brown, and I get bad bad mens cramping the first day. I have had minor cramping since last night (21st) and woke up today (22nd) with mild cramping n a headache n exhaustion. I did have numerous events of unprotected sex for about a wk from Oct. 8 to 15th with my bf, but we used the withdrawal method and the condom a few times, and he never ejac. inside me. With my first preg, I didnt know i was preg until a missed period, and had all my symptoms following the missed period. My discharge has no odour, or colour other than brown..no blood. I spoke to a nurse who said if I had an infection it would be a diff colour n have odour n told me to go to a doc, until i do, is there anyone that can shed some light on this issue? I doubt im pregnant, n highly doubt I would feel symptoms this early. Im just not sure if this is normal, as im 22, and have never had this happen before, the nurse did say it is not normal that I would have brown discharge this farhead of my periods arrival being that it all started 8-9 days before my period is to come, i still have about a wk till it comes, can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!????
I just wanted to let all the girls no that i have been talking to on this site that on December 21st i delivered a very healthy baby boy :):) Everythings still going great with the baby. Hope to talk to everyone soon. I will have photos on soon.
Congrats! That is so awesome, that was my original due date for my baby boy but he was born on the 7th! Enjoy him!
Thanks...I will...I finally posted photos if you want to see
Hi ladies,I've just finished my 2nd month on the pill but missed some over christmas (and had quite a lot of unprotected sex.) On the 27th of dec I began spotting I continued taken my pill as I didn't want my period. On NYE I took my last pill so as AF could come as I was still spotting.
After my 7day gap I start taken my pill again,today is day 3 back on the pill but day 12 of this brown spotting? I usually get AF heavy but this brown stuff is like discharge, and not enough to even wear a panty liner? I also took a hpt and it was neg? By the way before going on the pill I was in hospital due to AF been so heavy and all my tests came back noemal? Could this be implantation?
I had a miscarriage on march 13 had a normal cycle on April 7-10 and now on the 27 -30 today I have had light bleeing pinkish is color but mostly looks brownish in color.  Could I be having implation bleeding are is it just breakthrough bleeding.  I am 38 and me and my husband wants a baby so very badly.  Please help
Viewing 401-437 comments: