How long does it take you to dilate?
Doctor confirmed I was 2cm dilated at 36 weeks.  I think my baby dropped at 35 weeks.  How long does it take to dilate from 2cm to 4~5cm?  Just wondering if I need to prepare for birth sooner than I think.  No painful contractions yet.  Thanks.
With my second child I was 2-3cm for the last 4.5 weeks before delivery...He came a week late after everyone kept telling me he was coming early.
I wasn't dilated at all 5 days before my labor...so everyone is different...GOOD LUCK
It takes various chemical(hormones) to induce your cervix to change. It also takes the babies head to thin out your cervix. Dont worry, when the baby is ready to depart from your womb He/She will. Thinning of your cervix is usually what starts first. How much effaced are you? Did they say thinning, 90% etc? I hope all goes well, I remember being so excited when they say you are 2 cm and then you have to wait for 2 more weeks..ugh
I was 1 cm at 34 weeks, then 1-2 cm for a few weeks, now I'm 39 weeks and 3 cm. It can take a while. My doctor has been telling me weeks that there's no way to really tell, I could have had mine a few weeks early or I could have her on the due date or even be late. They come when they're ready.
weeks or even hours your baby will come when its ready so dont stress just because your 2 cms dosent mean a thing people can be 3 or 4cms and still have to be induced cause there overdue nobody on here can tell you an exact answer everybody is different goodluck 2 you not long now.
I was 1cm for a month before my second.  After my water broke still nothing new.  They gave me one of those drugs (I forget which) to help the contractions regulate and do some work.  It took about 11 hours from my water breaking to deliver.
never did the 2nd time...got to 4 or 5 and that was it.  =-(  And with the first one I was stuck at 5 FOREVER and then in 30 minutes - BAM!  10!  No one believed me when I said I needed to push because they had just checked me!  So everyone is different - and sometimes it creeps along as it should and other times it is WAM!  And then other times it never gets going. A healthy baby is all that matters no matter how long, or what method it takes to deliver. Good luck!!
Well i have been dilated to a 2 for 3 weeks and 75 % effaced and my doctor told me i could stay that way until my due date and that April 14.