Maternal & Child Community
How long to wait before going to the doctor?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I stopped birth control pills around 8 months back. After that my periods were 29-31 days. Then I had a 27,a 34,a 42 day cycle. My LMP was 18th April , no sign of AF yet. I remember that i had regular periods before starting pill. Why is my cycle changing?
Also I am TTC since 9 months now and I am 29 years old.
Should I see Doctor or wait for few more weeks? Also I have not done pregnancy test thinking that my period may be late. Is it accurate to test now?

Please advice. Thanks
I'd take a hpt just to be sure. It's been awhile since your LMP. Have you had any type of symptoms that you might think your pregnant or about to get your period?  Tracy
My periods were always on time before starting the pill and when I came off it in Feb they were irregular. I think it has something to do with being older. I am now thirty. And my last period was two weeks late so the next time I didnt think to much of it but not quite two weeks later I did a pregnancy test that was positive. That was on a tues and the doctor had done one the thur before as I hadnt been well and that was negative. I think about two weeks after you period is due to do it or if you have symptoms.
Good luck
Thanks.
I dont have any preg. symptoms but I am having creamy mucus.  Does that mean anything?

i have a six year old. i have been on depo for a while i stopped for a year and never got pregnant. i got back on it for a little over a year. my last dose was in december. i dont really know what it feels to be pregnant i didnt have any symtoms (symptoms) with the first one..... i dont know if its my body just changing because i missed the last dose in march. i took a test two weeks ago and it was negative.... ive been feeling bad all week... should i take another one??????