Maternal & Child Community
How many are dealing with Nasty Stomach bug??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Just wondered how rampant this new stomach bug is that has hit everyone from PA to VA.EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE in my family has been vomiting, and diareah.  DD has not eaten in several days and is sooooo miserable.  I just got over Roseola with her less than 2 weeks ago and now this S!$@$T!  It is VERY nasty and seems to be attacking everyone--anyone else out there suffering?  DD Does NOT drink Pedialyte and I am at witt's end to hydrate her.
Oh, no, Sue!!!  Poor Ameera.  Ariella just got over her cold, now I'm scared :(  Why won't she drink Pedialite?  She doesn't like the taste?
Funny you should mention that. Last night we made the hour long trip into town and were hitting up Home Depot and I was overcome with horrible cramps. I mean double me over thought i was going to die cramps. It passed and we went to Lowe's to check out their selections of flooring. while there I had to break my cardinal rule of no public restrooms, TWICE! I was throwing up and the other. We had to stop again on the way home at a port-a-potty, even worse than a public restroom in my eyes. It was horrible. I spent the night tossing and turning, feverish and chilled but woke up today without the projectile fluids coming from both ends. Thank goodness for Immodium.

I am the only one in the house to deal with it thus far. In due time I am sure the rest will come down with it.
Lots of our nurses have it.

*knocks on wood*
That ran rampant through my house starting 2 weeks ago...first DH got it, then my youngest DS got it. then I got it....the only one who didnt really get laid up with it was my older DS...but man that was a horrible week.....
You got me on that one!  I tried every Pedialyte flavor and she WILL not drink it.  She doesn't like anything but her milk which unfortunately makes the diareah worse.  I am going to try the Pedialyte popsicles .  The only good thing with all of this is that she is so worn down she actually sleeps through the night.  When she is better, I am sure that will end:(
Bananas
Rice
Applesause
Toast

The old BRAT diet is still the best for kiddos. Mine never would have anything to do with pedialyte either liquid or the frozen pops. Water has always been a big drink for them anyway. They'll drink water before anything else once they wean.

Poor baby, I hate it when they are sick!
All the kids have it in the house..Blake decided to keep his a bit longer then his sister!  Its quite miserable with a 5mo...I hate that he still has his gtube but its coming in use right now..im able to keep him hydrated even though he's rejecting his bottle..one good use it has now a days!  We are off to dr's tomorrow Blake has had vomitting and diarrhea for over 72 hours now!  Hope everyone feels better...Im just waiting for my turn to come
Will she drink water, like Andi has suggested?  I know that Ariella won't say "no" to water but she might not drink that Pedialite stuff.  Also, try the BRAT diet as well as it always helped Ariella's stool.  I hope she feels better soon.  That's terrible that the poor girl's going through much in such a short time (and mommy too!)
That flu visited my family here in the South.  Surprised to hear it's all over the US.   It was awful but I think I cleaned my entire system out really well.  Free "detox" is what I say it was.  I forced myself to drink water so I wouldn't get dehydrated.  I feel for all those babies and children out there who got this awful ****.  Good luck with your baby.  Hope she feels better soon.
Darn all of you!!  I just got home a few hours ago, read your post, and thought "Wow, I'm so happy we're all ok for now"!  My son just got out of the bath.  He vomitted 3 times!  I'm putting him to bed, gonna take him into the doctor in the morning...and I thought we were doing so well!
I am in Indiana we have a cold going around here.  I had a flu shot for the first time this year, so I hope I don't get any of that.  Also, I took my little one in a few weeks ago to her ped, and she told me that if my dd wouldn't drink pedialite, to make her formula with it.  So basically instead of putting in water use the pedialite.  Get the flavor free stuff so it doesn't taste like orange or something.  Just a idea.
THanks all----I am fortunate enough to have a mother who was a Pediatric Nurse (She quit when we were born but not a WHOLE lot has changed---she told me about the BRAT diet) I am also fortunate to have an uncle who is a Gastroenterologist, and his wife, was the head of a nursing unit for years...so between all of the family advise, we will get through it--basically it just has to get out of her system.  She will ONLY drink water and of course she loves her beloved milk but I am staying clear of that because the second she has milk, out flies the diareah.  I had just a minor battle with this bug but something tells me I am still going to get more cause my stomach is sooo upset this AM and after changing a few of DD's diapers...whew!  I feel like I could lose my cookies:(
We have the nasty cold and diareah mix.. but have not vomitted yet.  My nephews were sick with the vomitting and diareah two weeks ago, luckily that one skipped our household!
We're in Missouri and it's all over here too.Everyone I know either has it, has had it, or knows someone who has it.  My daughter had it on Christmas (the vomiting) my little guy had the runs before that, my mom just got over it yesterday!  We all too Emergen-C as soon as my daughter started throwing up and my hubby, my dad, my brother, and myself all escaped it this time but it's EVERYWHERE.  We have been keeing the kiddos home as I don't want to expose them any more than I have to and you know how kids touch everything and then put it in their mouth.  UGH... We've done lots of crafts and bakes lots of cookies and played A LOT of board games.  Hope all stay well!  Happy New Year!
*makes mental note to buy gallon jug of Purell hand sanitizer*
Im near cleveland and it was pretty bad over here for a few days too(about 2 wks ago)...they said its like 2 days of severe diarrhea and vomiting. I hope i dont get it!
This is incredible. I had heard "something" was going around but, it's everywhere. I'm in NY.  My dd / 7 month old, got sick on Thursday the 27th.  I took her to the emergency room  a bit prematurely and ended up leaving because I was there for hours and hadn't seen anyone.  She seemed better and was sleeping so I assumed she was better ( I thought I overfed her). Took her back the following night for dehydration because nothing and I mean, nothing was staying in her.  I ended up feeding her pedialyte with a dropper.  That's the only thing that would work.  Its now the 31st and she is STILL sick.  Not as bad but, we're still giving her only rice, applesauce, bananas, pedialyte, water and an occasionally forumula mixed with pedialyte.  Poor baby, she was so bad that all she could do was lay there and stare off into space.  It was really scary.
Then I got it. It came fast and furious.  My mom took her yesterday so that I didnt reinfect her, and now my mom is sick. I dont know what this virus is but it is really terrible. I've heard it's airborne also.  I hope everyone who has this, gets better fast. It's really tough on babies.
Just got home from the ER.  7month old has that with a nasty cold.  Doctor said someone was nice enough to share over the holidays.  She is coughing like a train is about to come out of her mouth. Throwing up and diarriah.  She is so sad, i have been just giving her any type of juice she will drink.  Doctor said anything she will drink give her so I have apple juice, grape juice and the good old pedialite going down.  Fomula she will not take.
Aw, we had it in our house a few months back, it hit one by one and we were so sick the week before Thanksgiving, my niece got it at the holiday and puked all over Grandma's couch.  
My older son got it again, probably from hanging out with his cuz.  It was so bad, and Cam got an ear infetcion and bronchitis right before it hit, then he got that too.  It was a sad week and weekend at our house.  Try the pedialyte popsicles or Powerade, Gatorade, or Vitamin Water.  They all have the electrolytes you need.  Then follow the Bratt diet as mentioned above.  It will pass in a few days, or at least get a little better.  I was hit last, DH and boys were home sick and I went to work, had to dash to the bathroom, they sent me home after laughing at me.  How sweet, they asked me if I was pregnant again.  Cam was so dehydrated and we were at the point of forcing fluids with a dropper too, just make sure little one if still able to pee, as long as they can do that they are still hydrated some.   Good luck, you will make it through.