Maternal & Child Community
How many days past ovulation can i test??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I know this question has been answered so many times.. period isnt due till the 19th or 20th.. im having morning sickness and bad heartburn.. which i never get.. very tired and just blah.. i dont get pms until the day of af.. my fiance is buying me a first reponse 4 day early test.. so im wondering do you think i could get a postive reading now.. i think i o'd the 11th.. well thats when cm was really watery and i was also taking robitussin at the time which made cm so runny it would just gush out when i would stand up.. ive had cramps for the past couple days and a pressure feeling in my lower left side.. maybe gas.. but if someone could give me a bit of their experience or some info it would be greatly appreciated.. Thankies..

~*Chloe*~
IM SO SORRY I OVULATED ON THE 4TH.. I LOOKED AT THE CALANDER WRONG.. THANX.. I PROMISE IM NOT THIS STUPID=).. *Crosses Fingers*

~*Chloe*~
I BELIEVE I OVULATED ON THE 4TH OR 5TH NOT SURE. I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS YOU ARE HAVING. AF IS SUPPOSED TO START TOMORROW, BUT I AM HOPING AND PRAYING THAT IT DOESN'T. I TOOK A TEST ON THE 14TH SAW FAINT PINK LINES. SO I DON'T THINK IT IS TOO SOON FOR YOU TO TEST. I ALSO HAD CRAMPING ABOUT 4-5 DAYS AFTER OVULATION I THINK YOU MAY BE PG. KEEP US POSTED
thank you so much for the quick response.. im so nervous.. this is month 8 of trying and for some reason i have a good feeling but i dont wanna get my hopes up.. I lost a baby at 8 weeks last year after 9 months of trying off anf on.. so its been hard.. ill let you know.. thanx.. are you online now.. like on yahoo or anything?? we can talk.. im so nervous and no one is on to talk to.. but anyways.. ttyl

~*Chloe*~
DO YOU MEAN INSTANT MESSAGING OR SOMETHING. I AM AT WORK NOW, HAVE MY E-MAIL UP IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO E-MAIL ME.
yeah instant messenger.. i can email you.. my email is ***@****
I'm pretty sure that I ovulated on the 3rd of July. I tested yesterday (mid-day after drinking a huge glass of juice no less) and got a positive.  That means that I tested 12 days post-ovulation and got a positive result.  I don't know about testing earlier than that but I suppose that you may be able to get a positive as early as 11 days post-o.  However, I think that the accuracy of a negative result is nebulous that early- meaning that you could easily test negative now and be pregnant.  Good luck!! Annie

thanx.. what test did you use.. im getting the first repsonse 4 day early kind..
Hey there!!!  I hope this is it for you ...I'll be praying and crossing my fingers fo ya....Try to relax sweetie and all will be ok....keep us posted on how it's going....when are you getting the test??   Let us know....Lynn  :) ~~~Best wishes your way
Chloe-OH MY!!!! You have hung in there with us all, answering ?'s and giving advice. I hope you are pg. Please keep us posted!! Baby Dust!!! TEST! TEST! TEST!! Congrats Annie!!
Shannon
cy#2
cd9
ttc#2
I used ept.  Those have always seemed pretty reliable to me.  You know, if you do an internet search for home pregnancy tests and HCG levels detected there are some sites that will tell you about each individual brand and what level they test for.  Then you can choose the one that picks up the lowest level.  Good luck to you, I know the waiting is really hard!  Annie
Hey guys,
         First of all i would just like to say thanx for all your support and thanx for giving your bext advice to me.. Thanx for everything.. I got a first response 4 day early test but the funny thing is that it said 3 days in the instrutions.. well it was negative.. af is due the 20th so i guess she will be here.. im really upset.. and im the one going around telling ppl to keep their heads up when i cant do the same ~Sighs~.. i dont understand.. im really tired.. cramps for the past week.. heartburn indegestion.. nausea.. and i never get this before a period.. i have never felt like this.. im not stressed.. and the only time i get cramps is the day of my period.. so maybe she gonna start bring this along every month.. well im gonna go.. and thanx everyone for being here for me.. ***HUggsss***

~*Chloe*~
Maybe it was too early to test or your levels might be too low.  Take a test w/your first morning urine.  Sorry to hear that it didn't turn out right yet, but hopefully it will...try not to get discouraged...keep us posted, lots of love and best wishes to you
I got the 4 day test too and got a negative at 4 days before I was due to get my period.  I only tested positive the day before or the day I was due to get my period (sorry, I can't remember exactly which).  Only something like 56% of positive results will show up that early, as opposed to 98% or something like that when you get closer to your expected date of menstruation.  If you said it was due the 20th, try to hold off until then and test then.  It's really hard I know, but it just may be too early.

hey did u test? even my AF is due on 25th .. but feeling Preg symptoms.. not sure..
what is the result?
Hey Everyone I am a mother of 3 and we are trying one more time it seems i have had trouble getting pg now that i am trying all 3 of my boys were never planned and it just happened!
I am 10 days post ovulation my period is due on monday october 6th and i tested today and i got a negative its very discouraging  however i know its still early! I have sore breasts plus they look like road maps and are slightly more full/ Gas and cramps, headaches, extremly thirsty and i have been peeing all the time! WHat do you all think?
BEst wishes to everyone and good luck!
I think 10 days past ovulation is still too soon. I know most people wait to test until 14 dpo.
good luck
Hi all~

This probably sounds crazy. This month was my first time TTC. My partner and I did an at home artificial insemination with donor sperm. I inseminated the day after my surge and the day after that. October 3 and 4.  Within literally two or three days I became EXHAUSTED.  Like I can't get out of bed in the morning even when I've gotten plenty of sleep, and I need to nap every day. My nipples are slightly sore now, but I'm wondering if this is all in my head. AF is due around Oct. 17. Could I really be THIS excited to get pregnant that I am creating symptoms before they are biologically possible???
Is it possible to have symptoms 5 days po?? My breast are tender and swollen, cramps and super tired...
Google INSTEAD CUPS.. They are sold at some Walgreens too.. This is the best 6 bucks you will ever spend because these cups holds the sperm to your cervix for 12 hours! All you have to do is know your ovulation pattern and do it 2 days before and the day of! Just a little ole' tale that has went around for years~ male sperm swim faster but die off sooner, female swim slower and live longer~ If wanting a girl then try to conceive 2 days before ovulation and a boy you should try on the day of ovulation! This isn't 100% accurate but it is believed to happen by many! Just thought I would join in the chat.. ~Miranda~
Dear All,

Please help me that after how many days of ovolution i can take the pregnancy test . My ovolution date was 21st april 11, lmp was on 9 th cycle of  26 days. Today is my 27 th day is this sign of pregnancy .Kindly help me . i have no symptoms of pregnancy . feeling that i will get my period any momet . really tensed
Hi everyone. I got my last period on 27th May. They are irregular but think my next is due 30th June. Had unprotected sex with my partner on three occassions just before ovulation. I ovulated 12th June and ever since I am feeling tired. Last night I was running a temperature and felt flu like symptoms. I even had to change my pjs during the night I was sweating so badly. This moring however I felt fine, just very tired. I have been cranky and irritable the last two days. From ovulation day onwards I have had a dull ache in my lower back and an uncomfortable feeling in my tummy. My breasts are unbelievably painful. I have been craving coffee which I never drink and have gone off butter and scones, which I usually love. I feel yucky and bloated and gassy and generally very unnattractive!! Do you think I could be pregnant?