Maternal & Child Community
How much should a 9 month old eat
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How much should a 9 month old eat

Here we go again ladies.  Gavin will turn 9 months in 2 weeks and he is getting ready to go to a daycare next week.  He still gets 4 6 ozs bottles a day, 1 fruit, and 2 bowls on congee (with ground meat and veggies).  Is he eating enough?  When can I wean him off of bottle?  Or do you at all?
He won't eat baby jarred food so we make something fresh eveyday.  What should I do when he starts daycare?  Should I allow table food?
Please help.  
Dolly
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You should wean the bottle at a year.  I was lucky with Troy and he gave it up easily at 12 months.  Sounds like Gavin IS eating enough to me.  What kinda table food are you talking about??
Blank
Wow, daycare is a big step.  At his age he still needs the bottle, it's still his main source of nutrition.  Talk to the daycare provider, you may be able to just bring his meal with.  We have moms that do that with their little ones and it works out just fine.  Baby doesn't have to deal with yet another change and you fel better knowing that he's eating well.  Table food will come later, I would just keep up what you are doing.  Good luck to you going back to work and Gavin will enjoy the company of other little ones.  It's tough, but once they get used to it, they look forward to the interaction.
Blank
118074_tn?1228332603
That's an idea!  The daycare said they will ground up what they serve if I 'd like.
Stephd, condee is like very soft rice in a soupy form.  Did you go to the doc?  Are you back on Zoloft?
Blank
Sounds like Gavin's doing fine.  Ariella's 1 1/2 months older than him and doesn't each much more.  She also HATES jarred food but does great with fresh fruits.  I know mix the chicken with the blended veggies b/c she won't eat the chicken otherwise (she takes that after me, I'm not a big meat eater).
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank