How often is it normal to have braxton hicks contractions?
On Wed. I was having braxton hicks contractions all afternoon and into the evening. They were happening about every 10 minutes at times and would last for about 30 seconds or longer. I didn't have any cramping sensation, just pressure and I felt it all over my belly, but not really in my back. (Although on that I can't really be sure, because I was doing alot of crocheting that day and when I do that my lower backs starts to hurt so I just figured my back ache was from that.)

They went away but yesterday afternoon for about an hour I have them off and on again.

Is it normal to have them that often? Everything I have read doesn't really say what it the norm.
Mandi
Good to see you! I was looking for you the other day and didn't see you had posted recently.

Mandi--with your history of loss before I would rest easier if you called your doctors office and let them know what's happening, and in particular make sure you speak to a nurse or the doctor.  Be careful to tell them of your past history.  

Probably it is nothing, but your history may make you at a higher risk and it is worth getting everything checked out sooner rather than later.  The weekend is coming, and it would be good to know everything is ok.

In general, people are usually counseled to call or report contractions that are coming 4-6 or more per hour.  If they are painless contractions that are not accompanied by spotting or leaking of fluid, it is ok to drink plenty of liquids, lay on your side and time the contractions for one hour before calling the doctor.  Unfortunately, BH contractions are common and we don't really have a good way to tell them from the beginnings of PTL, so it makes sense to err on the side of caution.  

If you have any other signs, such as an unusual increase in discharge, bleeding, leaking fluid, or a backache that seems to come and go and seems unusual to you, please do call your care provider right away.  Even on the weekend!
Ok--hubby didn't have time to d/c the computer, so it will be up and running all weekend.  Tomorrow I'm going to my parents all day, but I'll check in Sat evening and Sunday.

An email I will use only for this forum is ***@**** if anyone wants to drop a line.  I can probably get to the library a couple times a week to check mail, until we get our satellite internet set up in a couple weeks.

I really love and cherish each and every one of you, and think of all of you as my sisters.  

Christie-I am glad we have you for a bit yet. I will miss you while you are gone.

Still a mom - I am with Christie it is really hard to tell the difference but I would call the doc to be safe i know I had PTL 3 times with DD and it was no fun.
what's wrong with mandi?  i can't find the previous post...
i agree...with ds i had braxton hicks come on real regular like that and my doctor was concerned about them and i had never had any problems before.....i'm sure if this continues your doctor is going to want to know about it...that baby needs to cook a while longer.  
you take care of you and that baby and don't think you are over reacting to anything....any good doctor would rather you be concerned and call than let something that may or may not be serious slide.
~nanci