Hydrops at 13 weeks
I am pregnant with quadruplets, two fraternal, two monochorionic/diamniotic twins. One of the mono/di twins was seen to have hydrops which developed sometime between 11 and 13 weeks.  The doctors say they don't know the cause, because it's odd that only one of the identical twins developed hydrops this early while the other shows no signs of distress.  They say with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome normally hydrops would not appear until later on.  We are waiting for nature to take its course now, and I know nothing can be done, but I'm just wondering if you might know what some possible causes are for hydrops this early in pregnancy in our situation?  Thanks!  

(picture taken at 13 weeks)
i am very sorry to hear that but i can't offer any help as i don't no what hydrops are.  Good luck

I am so sorry to hear that!  My son was diagnosed at 20 weeks and I went into labour spontaneously at 28 weeks.  His lungs were underdeveloped and he didn't make it.  There are 2 main types: immune and non-immune.  Immune refers to blood type ie. baby will have O neg blood type while for non-immune there are loads of different reasons.  This may resolve spontaneously in utero (depending on the cause).  Often though, the cause isn't established not even after birth/post-mortem as in my case.  I found lots of info on the net ... I hope it turns out well!!

I wish you all the luck and may God be with you.

xx