Maternal & Child Community
Hydrops at 13 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hydrops at 13 weeks

2539381?1203559982
I am pregnant with quadruplets, two fraternal, two monochorionic/diamniotic twins. One of the mono/di twins was seen to have hydrops which developed sometime between 11 and 13 weeks.  The doctors say they don't know the cause, because it's odd that only one of the identical twins developed hydrops this early while the other shows no signs of distress.  They say with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome normally hydrops would not appear until later on.  We are waiting for nature to take its course now, and I know nothing can be done, but I'm just wondering if you might know what some possible causes are for hydrops this early in pregnancy in our situation?  Thanks!  

(picture taken at 13 weeks)
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
342647_tn?1291111533
i am very sorry to hear that but i can't offer any help as i don't no what hydrops are.  Good luck
Blank

I am so sorry to hear that!  My son was diagnosed at 20 weeks and I went into labour spontaneously at 28 weeks.  His lungs were underdeveloped and he didn't make it.  There are 2 main types: immune and non-immune.  Immune refers to blood type ie. baby will have O neg blood type while for non-immune there are loads of different reasons.  This may resolve spontaneously in utero (depending on the cause).  Often though, the cause isn't established not even after birth/post-mortem as in my case.  I found lots of info on the net ... I hope it turns out well!!

I wish you all the luck and may God be with you.

xx

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank