Hypnotherapy for labour and delivery?
Hi guys.  I've been looking into hypnotherapy as a tool to manage pain during labour and delivery.  My husband does not want me to do it, but he has no good reason other than it sounds weird to him.  I've read nothing but good things about it, but I was wondering if anyone has any experiences they can share with me.  It will cost me some money, so I hate to make an investment in something that won't work.  I think it even sounds a bit kooky, but when I read doctor's info on it, it sounds great.  Also, if I decide to go through with it, how do I let my hubby know without it turning it into a fight?  He'll just get mad and tell me 'you always do what you want anyways and never listen what I have to say'.
Wow  what next!!!
Do you know anyone that has been hypnotized before? I really dont believe it is true myself I think I would have to try it to believe it but then I  can see me now on stage barking or somthing like that!!! NO WAY
But dear hubby has to realize that your the one in pain, and if it doesnt hurt the baby!! Let us know if you do do it--Interesting to see if it works
Hey Cajun
I also was very interested in hydrotherapy on my first.Would up having a scheduled c bc she was breech.
Would again love to have a water birth, but it's not an option at our hospital ( I need to have a hospital birth to attempy VBAC). We do have a jacuzzi though which is in the "suite" of labour rooms. There is only one, so you've got to be quick off the mark to get it! Hopefully you will find the kind of birth you are looking for too. I bet you can find info doing a google search for birth + hydrotherapy. Let me know if you find anything neat!

My mistake!!
I thought u said hypnotized
OOps!
Well i guess that could be worth a try too. lol
Okay I seen Myah mom and thought you meant
hydrotherapy. Have you ever been hypnotized? other than for labour?  Seen it one time in college  people were barking like dogs, peeing on chairs( pretending)  I never knew if it was for real or they were acting
Yeah, I did say hypnotized :)  No biggie; at first glance it looks like 'hydro'.
New here-
I was told about this site because I just had a miscarriage and D & C. Thanks for the insight.

On to the topic at hand. I used Hypnobirthing with my first child and I will use it again. I am a Massage therapist and a birth partner. I have watched to many epidurals go in to know I did not want one. I started with the books and tapes in my sixth month and then saw a hypobirthing coach for three sessions with my husband. I went into labor at 4:00am and delivered a 9lb 5oz baby girl at 8:21am. I used no drugs of any kind. I also belived it is what saved my life. My daughter was very big and I am not. I also only pushed for 15 minutes, so she came very fast. I ended up having an enternal hemmorage that was not detected until I stood up and tried to walk. They were able to treat me with blood tranfusions and all the other fun stuff that goes along with the unexpected. The agreement from the doctors is that I was lucky I choose not to be medicated because it would hve taken them longer to find the problem.

I hope this helps. By the way...my husband thought it was odd too but is a strong advocate of it now!
www.hypnobirthing.com
Tonya