Maternal & Child Community
I AM 5 WEEKS 2 DAYS PREGNANT BY DR. STANDARDS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

ok im 5 weeks 2 days pregnant by the clinic dr. i see but how ever there is no sac or fetus to be seen in my uterus, overys,or fallopian tubes my hcg hormones are going up in a trickle to be more clearly its 1505 hcg on the 10th and 2500 hcg on the 14th this is by 2 differnt labs doing the hcg counts theres no heartbeat ive been spotting traces of blood along with cramps in my back but only when i get upset or ive been walking at least 2 blocks no one here will terminate this due to it could be a viable pregnancy then again it might not be no one knows for sure what to really do here i guess im looking for answers on what to do or think should i let it go? this is my first problematic pregnancy. is there any one else thet has had this problem?and if so what became of it?
                    cluelessly wondering...
Cramps & spotting & back ache doesn't always mean a m/c. I've done it w/ 2 pgs :) As far as the no heartbeat, many women have told there stories of waiting it out a little longer & have went on to have healthy baby 9mo later :)
its way to early for you to rule anything out....your hcg levels look great.....i was always told that 5weeks is way 2 early 2 see anything on a ulrta sound, thats y they want u 2 wait.... my first ultrasound was at 8weeks.......wait 2 weeks and go back 4 another ultrasound....best of luck 2 u!!!!
Not much is visible by 5 weeks so visually you'll have to probably wait til 6.  The hcg isn't doubling but it isn't dropping either which would be more conclusive. Did they reschedule you for a future u/s or hcg? I would think a week would be sufficient--at least to see sacs/pole. Any chance your dates are off? I hope you are able to see something soon.  Best wishes.
well thats what i suggested thet i was just getting pregnant and thet people in our family are very sensitive to hcg and there bodys the dr.s office said it is highly unlikely thet i was less then a week pregnant when i first went in i dont know i told them of my mother who is in the medical history books of getting pregnant 4 times while already pregnant and haveing twins from that pregnancy and heart surgery 1 week later they said its medically impossible im coming to the conclusion thet im having pains from the kidney stones and not from my pregnancy our church is gonna pray about this i dont wanna terminate but they ( the dr.s office) have brought it up several times over the past few weeks they say this is an etopic even though they dont see it in the tubes but they say if i dont terminate now i run the risk of becoming sterile in that tube or ruptuering and hemeraging to death i think some times im crazy for being hopeful thet its just to early to see it now i think im more like 2 to 3 weeks pregnant but they say 5 and 2 days im just freaking out over this i have 1 child to care for now dose any one know if there is a chart week by week of what an hcg count should be? some one said you can usely tell how far you are by the hcg count and by the way thank you for all the helpful warm replys it dose put my mind to rest a little
You know what I am very confused about and I posted this ealier. Most doctors will tell you that it is a very slim chance to see anything before 6 wks. I would give it some time.  Good luck and lots of baby dust to all
Hi im 5 weeks 3 days and i have had problems as well.  My ultrasound showed a sac a possible fetus but it's too early to tell.  my hcg level is 5000 and they said that was low. and this may not be a viable pregnancy. they say it could be a blighted ovum.  Crazy huh!  Go by your gut instincts. ( i know i am)  Yes u may still have a viable pregnacy, peoples bodies are different and fetus develop at their own rate.  Hang in there and keep praying.  Give it more time and relax k.  Let nature takes it course, you'll be fine! (smile)
You know to be honest with you, when I was 5 wks along my hcg level wasalot lower then that.  It was only 450.  I do not know how they think that yours is too low.  I am almso 13wks pregnant now and everything is going just fine
thanks for the reassurance!  I am still wondering how they think that is too low as well.  Im guessing it should have been higher if it was doubling at the proper rate.  First it was makeing sure it wasnt ectopic now this.  I dont know but im tired of worrying.  Im just going to let go and let God.  Thats the only way right now.(smile)  My baby will be fine, i have a lot of faith it's just every now and then I need a boost.  It's hard to cencentrate at work when all I can think about is whats going on inside, ya know? I really appreciate the response though. God bless (smile) i'll keep everyone in prayers!
Hi everyone! I know this is a very late post but I wanted to let u know what I know of intensive reading . At 5 weeks you should see a Sac in your uterus unless...only unless your calculated your dates wrong. A sac is visible when hcg levels (pregnancy levels) reach 1000 or more. At 5 weeks you will not see a heartbeat unless you are closely reaching 6 weeks when you could see the sac , the fetal pole and the heartbeat. See the heartbeat but not hear it. This would be done with a endovaginal ultrasound. No sac could mean dates wrong or an etopic pregnancy in which it implants in the tubes. Symptoms are low rising hcg levels (not doubling) possibly shoulder pains, intensive or painful cramps in one side of the abdomen, bleeding, painful back cramps, no visible sac in the uterus area. People with an etopic pregnancy have a higher chance in future pregnancy to be etopic as well. But at least at 5 weeks there SHOULD BE a visible sac. Nothing futher than this could be seen at this time. Dr should schedule a U/S for the next week. Probably check out your Hcg levels if they are doubling , declining or slowing rising.

Hope this really helps!!! Good luck to all!!