I just got off the phone with my dr. last week he said he did not think the clomid he gave me was working so he uped the dose. then he took a sonogram and said he saw what could have been a cyst or an egg he was unsure. so i called him today becuase yesterday the ovulation test was very positive. we bd last night and he says i should skip tonight and wait until tomorrow to bd again. what are your thoughts. my husband does have a low count about 25 million but i am worried if we skip tonight i could miss it. any thoughts would be appreciated or any advice on what to do. the way i figure it is if it was positive yesterday and i realease the egg today at least if i do it tonight there will be a little more of a chance becuase if i wait until friday the egg could be gone. HELP
It takes about 1 day for the sperm to travel to the egg. So every other day is fine. If your dh has a low sperm count than every other day gives him enough time to build up his sperm. Everyday may leave him with not enough little guys so I would listen to your dr. Also sperm live from 3-5 days so I wouldn't worry about not bding every day. You have about 3 fertile days before you ovulate. Good luck and sticky baby dust to you.
I would listen to my doctor but i don't trust that he is always right. He told me on monday that the clomid probably was not working. without any cd 21 progesterone tests or ultrasounds. so i insisted on an ultrasound and he did one and said he thought he saw a cyst. i pushed him further and he said maybe it was an egg he could not tell. all my hormone blood came back fine, a period every 26-28 days like clockwork without medication so he did give me the clomid as a boost but i probably ovulate on my own. i think he keeps contridicting himself. now i bd last night/this morning at 1:30am. my husband has a strange schedule and we are 70 miles apart from each other. My only other chance is 1:30am tonight/tomorrow morning (which is only 24 hours since last time) or 1:30 am on friday night/saturday morning. i just got the positive yesterday so i want to plan this the best way i can.
From what I understand, when you get the OPK +, you will ovulate within the next 24 to 36 hours...sometimes within 48 hours. After the egg is RELEASED, it will only be viable for 24 hours. If you and dh bd'ed yesterday, then you should be covered for the next day as far as sperm goes. If you ovulate today, then you can still bd tomorrow and have time for the sperm to get to the egg (I read in one of my pg books that it takes around 6 hours for the sperm to travel). Just be sure not to use KY jelly or anything else that will kill off the sperm, and perhaps elevate your hips with a couple of pillows afterward (if you don't already! :-)
It's hard to say, since he has the low sperm count, but every other day is better than every day when it comes to the lack of sperm, that's for sure.
I don't mean to intrude on your thread auntlugu but this is something I have been wondering and it was brought up. Where can my hubby go to get a sperm count? He is paranoid that it is low or something is wrong.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.