Maternal & Child Community
I can be pregnant if I already got my period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I was late on my period; I actually thought i was pregnant. But I just got my period, and I am still feeling weird. I need to know if it
To be able to really try to figure it out, the experts (not me!) would need more information, like: how long is your cycle?  How late was your period?  Exactly how are you feeling "weird"; ie, what kind of symptoms are you having?  How heavy is your period that you're having: it is very light, very heavy, etc?

And of course, you might want to take a pregnancy test just to be sure!
Hi, there!  I just wanted to let you know that a significant proportion of women (although I forget the exact numbers) get their period throughout or at certain points during their first trimester.  Thus, you may be pregnant regardless of getting your period, but, as suggested by another poster, consult a medical professional.
I tested negative the day I got my period.  But then I swear that I felt I was pregnant.  Two weeks later (and definitely not enough time to get pregnant in between), I tested positive.  Bad news is, it's been a nightmare from the start.  I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks, found a sac.  At 9 weeks, no fetal pole, no heartbeat.  Told I will miscarry, haven't yet.  So, it's definitely possible to have a period (even one that really does feel "normal" and not light) and be pregnant.  The question is, will it be a viable pregnancy.
I've read a couple of your posts tonight.  So sorry to hear what you're going through.  Good luck and keep us informed.
I hope everything goes well.
Hi! Thanx for all the replies. I got my period three days after I should have. I am never late and the symptoms that I
Thanks for your comments to me too.  I'm telling you, waiting is one of the worst things.  I have an appointment this afternoon to see what the doctor says about my dropping hcg levels.  I'll keep everyone posted.
Something similar happened to me.  I tested negtive back on May 13 (dh bday thats why its easy to remember) the day after I was due for AF.  But I knew I was pegnant, I am never late, got a BFP 3 days later. Naturally m/c on 5/25. They estimated I was 6 weeks from LMP. This pregnancy I was due on 8/21 but I got my BFP on 8/18, now I am 20W 4D.
I just thought I'd update you a little. I got home around 7 tonight with several messages left from my dr.'s office asking me to call back. I did and here's the message that was left from my doctor. He is having difficulty getting me a referal to the ob-gyn of my choice and he thinks that I should go to emerg. So I'm like, "now?", and the secretary didn't know. So I have an appointment at 2:45 tomorrow with my doctor to find out what his stupid message meant, but I'm telling you, I am so pissed off at the message I don't know what to think!! Am I in an emergency situation? What's the rush? I really don't want to get a d&c without at least one more ultrasound and blood test AND second opinion because I'm feeling this office is so incompetent, I don't trust them (even the doctor).
Why can't my body just decide to miscarry for me, so I don't have to make the decision? You know, my u/s sort of indicates it stopped developing at 7w2d. I'm now 11w5d. How long does it take for my body to decide it's no longer pregnant? I just want to get on with it, and let my body heal.

And I'm soooooooo tired. How do people keep going on everyday, knowing but not really knowing that their pregnancy has taken a bad turn?
I feel am pregnant,but i have been seeing my period for the psat four months,this is the 5th month now,i feel very funny(like wanting to throw up&slight headache in the morning )Should go for a test.

ellae
hi im jessie and my boyfriend was locked up for a while i had intercourse with some guy i knew in october probably like 2 weeks before the end of october i got my period on nov 8 my boyfriend came home nov 14 ever since that day we been having unprotected sex i took a pregnancy test on nov 27 tested negative got a positive result on dec 8 who's my baby daddy ?  the oct guy or the nov guy?
hi first my cycle stayed on for eight days then it went off..... 2weeks later back again for six days...... two weeks later I have been spotting for for days not even enough to go on a panty liner only when I wipe I see a pinkish color on and off sometime I wipe I dont see and sometime I do. Could I be pregnant
Hi Just wondering if someone could help me asap because i cant get it outof my head!!

I Had intercourse and did other stuff with my boyfriend about 2-3 weeks ago, also did withdrawel (pullout), i was then 5 days late on my period, i had what i would call a normal period that lasted the same as it usually does but about 4 days after my periods finished i just feel weird, hard to describe but i have lower back pain which i only get when due on, i feel tired, bloated and my breasts feel more sore, also had slight belly cramps today and just dont feel right, please someone help me, could i still be pregnant and when is best to take a test? many thanks!
HI EVERY ONE......I HAD PROTECTED SEX ON JANUARY 29 MY PERIOD CAME ON 6DAYS LATER AND WAS DARK BROWN AND HEAVY BUT STAYED ON  3DAYS......NOT NORMAL USUALLY 5-6 DAYS.........I HAD SEX AGAIN ON THE 19TH PROTECTED BUT AFTERWARD FELT WETTER THEN NORMAL I THINK THE CONDOM BROKE...BUT DNT KNO ANYWAY I WANNA KNO COULD I BE PREGNANT...MY BREAST LOOK BIGGER AND NIPPLES ARE SORE I TOOK A PREGNACY TEST FEB 27...IT WAS NEGATIVE I TOOK IT CUZ MAYBE I CONCIEVED ON JAN 19TH DUE TO IRREGULAR PERIOD...ITS MARCH 5TH AND MY PERIOD STARTED OFF LIGHT BROWN NOW HEAVY BRIGHT PINKISH COLOR..I FEEL LAZY N PHAT IDK WAT TO DO.......AM I PREGNANT.
could i be pregnant?? i had a very weird period i came on very light then went heavy then light again was on for 9days when im normaly on for 3-4days as im on the pill.. and now im off iv got very sore breasts and pain in my lower tummy like aching pain and stabbing pain.. X
I dont now wat to think febuery i got mi normol p ... dont now i i had good relations with mi husbenedon march mesed up mi piriod came normol but mi brest wore tender nashes pied alot but we havent don it and sens then i bin having doble piriods i tolk a pregnantsy test it came
me back negative sens i bin having back pains and befor my p is over my breast starts to be tender and back pain i git dizzi very hungry
helpp helpp
So I'm 18 and I had unprotected sex(boyfriend usually wears condom but didn't this time). He came inside me and we decided that I would take Plan B the next day. However, the next morning(about 6 hours later)  I got my period and I didn't take Plan B because I thought a period meant no pregnancy but I've learned that this is not necessarily the case. How likely is it that I'm pregnant???!?!?! Is it very unlikely for fertilization to occur the day before your period?? My period was the usual length, came on time.
hey im 18 and me n my bf never use condom so one november 20 i spotted for a day n dn on december i didnt gt no period and on january 6 i had my period really heavy not lik normal can i be pregnant?i havnt been feeln good im always hungry havn symptoms back hurts but i need to know if im pregnant can yall help me pleaz
I'm sorta going through the same thing I'm never late back in march I had a normal period in april my period was very strange #light and my periods are never light I have heavy periods they last for four days in april it last only three the four day was pinkish red drop much of nothing basically I been feeling sick stomach been feelinv werid I have gas bad headaches yet I tested negative....

And I could sleep in all day well atleast stay in bed all day I would like to know what's wrong with me