Maternal & Child Community
I don't feel pregnant.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I don't feel pregnant.

I just found out i'm pregnant with my second child. I went to a free clinic where they did the urine test. Which came out positive but very very light. They also gave me an ultrasound but couldn't find anything. They thought it was too early to detect baby via ultrasound. I'm just really concerned. I have none of the symptoms I had with my first son. I'm not having any miscarriage symptoms but i keep checking constantly because I DON'T Feel Pregnant. I have a feeling i might miscarry, I think it has to do with the test being so light and that they couldn't find baby on ultrasound. Do i have a valid reason for my concern or am I overeacting? When do pregnancy symptoms normally set in anyways.
it has happened differently with every single one of my pregnancies. I have had symptoms before the test sometimes and on my last baby I felt nothing till about 7 weeks. Then I got sick as can be till 18 weeks. I am sure you are just too early.

By the way, I have miscarried 2 pregnancies and I had early symptoms and was sick with both of those just like my healthy pregnancies.
When i was pregnant i don't think i had any symptoms. No morning sickness and my boobs didn't even feel sore or anything. every pregnancy is different and i wouldn't worry about it. With this one I started having morning sickness atleast a week before i was late and took a test.
People on this site always recommend the Dollar Store home pregnancy tests as cheap and reliable.  If there is a Dollar Store near you and you have a few bucks (I have heard they cost $1 from some people and $5 from others) you could get one and test yourself.  It might put your mind at ease.  As far as the u/s is concerned, many people see nothing early in their pregnancies and it of course freaks them out big time.  My doc won't even DO one until 7 weeks because he is so tired of seeing the woman come away worried for no reason.  For what it's worth, my SIL was 3 MONTHS along before she had one symptom with her son, a now healthy and huge teenager. :)  Good luck!
It is good to know that others have had simular symptoms. I had all the average ones with my 1st baby..then nothing with the 2nd but m/c. We are trying again and I used the ovulation kit and i know we hit the right time to ttc. I am feeling nothing but still hoping. I am due for af in a day or so but waiting if I am late to take a test.
Hope all goes well!
My first BFP was very light, and that was 5 days after my period was supposed to start (or 4 and a half weeks). Finding something on regular abdominal ultrasound would be rather unlikely that early. As for feeling pregnant, I have nausea and extremely sore bbs, and I still don't believe I'm going to have a baby. Because I haven't had a u/s yet, and it's too early for me to be showing. (And socially speaking, the image that always comes to mind with "pregnant" is not early pregnancy, but rather some nine months along.)
Take care of yourself, and start prenatal care.
thanks everyone for your great advice. I still don't feel pregnant but have no symptoms of miscarriage next tuesday I have another u/s Hopefully i'll know more then. Cross your fingers.