I had my tubes tied 5 1/2 years ago! whats happening??
I had my tubes tied 5 1/2 years ago. my period has not been regular since the procedure lasting only 3 days. This month however it only lasted less then 1 day with brown discharge. I am having extreme left side pain, sore breasts, nausea, vomiting, lack of energy, dizzy spells passing out 2 times in the past 3 days. does anyone have any ideas about whats going on? I have no medical. I have been to the doctor in the past for side pain and my right ovarie was not found in ultrasound.
Hi!
Pregnancy after tubal ligation/tubal clipping/tubal burning is rare, less than 1-2 percent cases. Also the chances of pregnancy are highest in first few months and reduce with time. After 5+ years of the procedure, chances of pregnancy are less.
However, if you have missed your periods, the first thing to test for is pregnancy. If this is negative then other causes of scanty periods with brown discharge hypothyroidism, birth control pills, Cushing’s disease and disorders of adrenal gland, liver metabolism disorders affecting the levels of estrogen and progesterone and PCOD. Emotional stress and prolonged illness can be a cause too but unlikely in your case. It can also be due to pelvic inflammatory disease, infection (fungal or otherwise) and STD. You will need to consult a gynecologist for this. Take care!