Maternal & Child Community
I have another question girls.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have another question girls.

Hi again well doc called today and I tested positive for 2 copies of the RMTHFR gene mutation so doc called in some Prenate Elite vitamins.My questions is my doctor is going to call me tomorrow to go over more about this  and I don not know what to ask.I am 3.5 weeks past my last d&c and want to conceive again.So do any odf you have any suggestions on questions or further tests I should have.I work with  a blood specialist and he told me to have my Homocysteine level checked.Thanks girls you all are a great resource.
Brandy -- I'm afraid I don't know anything about this...but thought I'd reply to let you know that I'll be hoping that you get the answers you are looking for -- and a beautiful baby.  Also, it'll bump you back up and maybe someone who knows something about it will see it today.

Good luck!!!
OK, so you have the same thing as me, Homozygous MTHFR and so does 11% of the population, so as far as clotting disorders go, it was explained to my by a peri is that it is on the bottom of the ladder.   First you need to know your homocysteine levels because that is really what matters most when you have this clotting disorder, if they are ok and they do tend to rise in pregnancy, you need to take 4 mg of Folic Acid daily.  Folic Acid keeps the homocysteine level down.  I took Foltex, which is a B6, B12 and 2.5 mg of Folic Acid (perscription), my prenatel which had 1 mg and another OTC one during the day.  I was also on one Baby Aspirin a day.  So tomorrow ask about the Baby Aspirin and Foltex.  I conceived exactly 3 months after my D&C and now Abby is 5 months old today!

Okay listen i dont mean to sound rude or anything but whats with all these women saying they have had friends that have had normal periods during thier pregnancy? Do you have any idea what a period is? its the shedding of the inner wall of your uterus. if u were pregnant than the baby would not be able to survive this. my only problem with these women saying they had normal periods while pregnant is that they are mistaking a "period" with implantation bleeding or other forms of bleeding. when u post comments on this website and say that u have had friends or u yourself have had periods while pregnant people read this and become confused. not all women reading these comments want to be pregnant. some women are tring to find out possibilities that they are not pregnant. i know it doesnt seem like a big deal to call any form of bleeding a "period" but when a "period" is the last clue to tell you your not pregnant, than all of a sudden we can take off the "   "
on period and start understanding that a period is a lot different from just any "bleeding."
thank you for reading this comment and by all means if anyone can prove that a period is possible while being pragnant scientificly and medically i will be happy to repost another comment stating my lack of knowlege and ignorance to this matter....
thank u for your time.  

My doc prescribed prenate elite and i have asked to have my homocysteine levels checked.Thank you for your comments