Maternal & Child Community
I have brown spotting 5-6 days before expected period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hey there I have brown spotting sometimes it is a bit redder then others.. and It is happening 5-6 days before my expected period. I have taken a pegnancy test and it came back negative. Could you recomend something to do or inform me as why this is happening as this has never happened to me before. Thank you have a great day!
  If this is a recurrent problem over the past couple of cycles you should let your doctor know.

Likewise, if there is any odor, itching, or any signs of infection you should also see your doctor right away.  
Sometimes spotting is from hormone fluctuations, but it can be from infection.  You can also have some abnormal cells in the cervix that can make you spot and bleed.

Sometimes, they just don't know why you're spotting.  But its always best to have a doctor take a look.