Maternal & Child Community
I have tested positive for being pregnant, but since I have had an abse...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I have tested positive for being pregnant, but since I have had an absence of my period for awhile due to it being irregular could it just be a fluke?

So here it goes...I have always had irregular periods, I tried birth control pills to take care of it but they only made me extremely sick. For the past year I have been under a fair amount of stress and I have not had a real period since July. I have taken pregnancy tests each month to make sure that I was not pregnant and until now they all turned up negative. Two weeks ago I took another test and it was a really light line on the test but it was positive, and it was with a test that is pretty reliable. I got worried so I went and bought two cheap tests and they turned up negative. Now today I took two early response pregnancy tests and they both came out positive. Can the fact that I havent had a period since July and havent had periods and tested negative up until now mean that the positive test result is a fluke? How rare are false positives? I am going to the doctor next week but I desperately need some insight right now because I am going a little crazy just wondering.