Maternal & Child Community
I missed the first week of my birth control pills

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I started the new pack on 2/23 and since 2/25, I have been nauseous and have had lower abdominal cramping.  I'm wondering if I could be pregnant or if my body is reacting to not having the pills for 2 weeks.
Did you take any of the 1st week of pills that you missed?  Like trying to catch up, or did you just skip them altogether?  If you didn't take them for a whole week then tried to catch up and take more than 1 a day then that's what might be causeing you cramping and illness.  I had a friend that missed her pill for 3 days and then took them all at once, she was sooooo sick.  She had the same problems that you discribed.  She went home and went straight to bed and rested that evening and felt 100 times better the next day.  Hope this helps.  Just a helpful note: The only way I remembered to take my pill everyday is to take it at bedtime, I've been doing this for 18 yrs.  Take Care, Ready4aBaby
Hey.  Thanks for the information.  What actually happened was that I had my period then was supposed to start the new pack on a Sunday but the pharmacy did not get them in until the following Wednesday. So, dumb me, I thought I could not start the new pack until the following Sunday since that's the day of the week I normally start new packs.  So, I picked up the new pack on Friday and started them on Sunday.  I started with the whole first week just like normal. Two days later was when I started with the nausea and lower abdominal cramping/pain.  The nausea has subsided (Praise the Lord) but the lower abdominal cramping/pain is still there.  Today it's more on the left side and when I sit down it hurts.
please let me know what you find out, i did the same thing; i had my period and was going to start taking the pill again for my next cycle (beginning sunday) but my doctor didn't call in the script when i went on sunday to pick it up, so i missed the first week.  now i am feeling weird and curious to see what turns out for you.

i missed the first week of my birth control pills had unprotected sex on the second week a few times and missed two pills the second week also.... is there a chance i could ovulaute and be pregnant????
Hi, I thought i had missed a whole week of my pill so took them all at once.......I have now realised that actualy i didnt miss the week! I've been on it for 6 years now and this is the first time it has happened! I have had unprotected sex once. Will the pill still cover me or not? I'm a little worried and know that i am so stupid! Please help!!