Maternal & Child Community
I need more Information about being Pregnant and Being on The Methadone...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I need more Information about being Pregnant and Being on The Methadone Program!

First,I would like to say A very HUGE THANK-YOU,To ALL of you Ladies who very Quickly Responded to my Last email aprox.1 Month ago!I can't emphasize how much your support put my mind at ease.However,I must tell you,That for ReasonsI Believe that"GOD"Himself can only answer,I Believe that This Prenancy is a Miracle.First my Beta count began to drop,I started with 132,my next blood test showed it to be 104,In the meantime,I had made love with my husband only once,and to my disbelief,the very next evening I began to bleed,I was horified to say the least,My Family Doctor claimed that I was experiecing what they call as a "Threatend Abortion",which upset me a great deal,however,we monitored the beta counts,and had sent me for both a vaginal and a normal ultrasound,because the beta began to climb as though it were a NORMAL pregnancy.The Ultrasound,showed that It was not an Eptopic but a very Normal pregnacy,No water,in the uterus,EVERYTHING seemed Normal,so Why was the Beta count Jumping up&down the way it was? well,except for the concerns that I have about the fact that I am on"The Methadone Program",and I have been for the last 3 yrs.I am on Methadone and a very LOW-DOSE,Because of a very heavy Addiction to percadan,from a very terrible car accident i was in 8 yrs ago.Leaving me with 2 slipped discs and constant Migraines,my youngest son was born addicted to Demerol&Codiene,and had to go through some "withdrawl (withdrawal)"but he was 8lbs&very healthy other than that,now I am facing the same thing with this baby.If There is ANYONE FAMILUAR WITH THIS PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ME/US.
    I am a 23 yearold mother of one and I have been on the Methadone program for about 3 years now and I am in a confusing situation. Because of being on meth I have very irregular periods. It is now April and my last period was in December but I havent been sexually active until the end of last month and the person I had sex with did not use protection and did not pull out,this happened 2 times in the same night and I still havent gotten my period and Im wondering if I am pregnant but it's probably to soon for a test. Is there any advice you can give me on early signs of being pregnant to look for or is it to early to even have any sighns? I had my daughteralmost 8 years ago and it was way before I used any kind of drug, even pot so my memory of the early weeks in my daughters pregnancy are kind of fuzzy and I have no idea what it is liketo be pregnant on the Methadone. I saw from one web site that you can not get pregnant on methadone if your having irregular periods is that true? If you can help me out I'd really appreciate it. Also I want to know if there is a definite chance I could be pregnant because I smoke cigarettes and am on Benzodiazapine medication besides the methadone and i dont now whether to start detoxin off the meth and stop smoking and stop takin my meds or what.Please help me if you can and let me know your experience of being pregnant on methadone.thanks
I have adoped a child, a boy, 12 years ago that was addicted to methadone.  He had and still has several concerning issues.  He has sensory intergration disorder.  At birth he had to be withdrawn from the methadone 10 days then came home to go right back into the hospital again for more withdrawels.  From birth to age seven he was hyper sensitive to noise and any stimuli within the environment.  It was extremly differcult for me and my family.  We were not able to go anywhere outside of our home because he would alway respond inappropriately by screaming, yelling and wanting to go home. He could not tolerate going into the mall, out to eat, even pulling over for gas.  He did not like being touched or looking at people.  He would hit the television if people got to close and look out if they kissed.  He would not be able to emotionally handle that at all.  He has been in counseling and seeing a developmental specialist since he was three years old. He is an honor roll student and has come a very long way (only with constant vigilance around going to counseling and seeking guidence form myself)  Today my son is much better but continues to struggle with noise and is still hypersentive around his own needs.  He has a hard time listening to any logic if he feels his needs are not ment,  He feels as if people are going out of their way to personally bother him at times.  Due to him getting older I think he is aware that this is a problem and is trying to understand it himself.  My son, I am hoping ,with age will be able to cognitively understand how these behaviors or way of thinking will impact him in the future.  My advice to anyone with a child born drug addicted is to get help immediaetly and do it with consistency.  It has to become a way of life and do not become complacent and stop the process, even if you fell he doesn't need it anymore  especially if you fell it isn't working.  It takes years to see the results but with consistency you will reep the benifits.  Do not give up.  Thanks Nancy
help me someone i am so scared i am ordered by DYFS (family services) to get off suboxone and get on methadone reason behind this is because the suboxone is not priscribed (prescribed) but i am so scared my baby is gonna come out and be sick i didnt plan on staying on the suboxone i was weaning myself off but they are making go on methadone i dont want this but i have really no choice they already took me to court and its not going my way i cannot imagine having a baby and its little body being so sick i have one daughter and my pregnancy and delivery with her was so perfect she was healthy and happy and she is now 3 and still is but i wanted that experience again not a sick baby! i am scared does anyone have any suggestions or good stories about being on methadone and there babys being born ok!? please help and also if u have anything negative to say please don't i have enough going on i dont need to be judged! thanks Stephanie