Maternal & Child Community
I think I might be pregnant but not sure due to my period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I believe I might be pregnant.  On Jan 28 I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Then I started my period the next morning. During my period everything seemed normal such as pains and stuff, but on tues my period suddenly stopped. (Which isn't normal) after my period stopped I still felt like I was on it. Sick to my stomach,period cramps,mood swings,boobs hurt(under arm pits the worst)hungry but when I ate things i liked I didn't want them,about a week of this I started notice things smelling werid, such as everyone smelled and foods i liked smelled horrible,meat made me sick,I was always sick to my stomach but never threw up,Then a week after that(2 weeks after I think I got pregnant) I noticed these bumps around my nipples that has never been there and also my nipples were turning purple and starting to get bigger. Well i'm on the patch and wanted to see if i was pregnant so i took a test and it came up negative, so than i wanted to see if my period would come so I stopped taking my patch and I didn't start my period until 5 days after i stopped taking my birth control and my period started out funny such as it was brown and spotting and than by the end of the day it started to get a little heavier. Is it possible I still might be pregnant?
Hunny I think you might want to go to the doctor it looks like you PG. I wish you the best.

Nicci
It sounds like you are NOT pregnant but I would go to the doc to check out these weird symptoms. People rarely get pregnant the day before their period is due because most people ovulate about 2 weeks before that.  Good luck!
I thought you said you werent protected?  the patch, and birth control? maybe not protected from std's
I wouldnt think you were pregnant if your having a period
I would make a doctors appointment and make sure than figure out what birth control you should be on
Maybe the patch is too strong and causing symptoms
You stated the patch and birth control (check your question)
you shouldnt be taken two things if you are!
Yes I know its not normal to get pregnant right before your period but it is a possibility. I have talked to people who has had that happen to them, even more me being on my period doesn't mean i'm not pregnant(a lot of people get their period during their first month of being pregnant) also the reason why I had unprotected sex is the fact you don't use birth control(Patch) the last week of the month. And I know it can't be the fact that my patch(birth control) is to strong because I have been taking it for over a year.  And if everyone is positive I'm not pregnant can anyone explain these werid things going on with me and my body. Because I'm very scared
I liked Angel4Johnny's answer.  I guess as well, that ANYTHING is possible.  I do not mean to be rude or anything but we get posts on here every single day (which is OK because this IS a pregnancy forum) that have do with Could I be Pregnant????  First off anytime you have sex you run the risk.  The thing that gets me are the people who do NOT want to be pg.  I know the first step is to get on some birth control although it is not 100% (which you have done)but if you or anyone else on here does NOT want to get pg I suggest not having sex.  Sorry but that is how I feel.  We have enough poor little babies and kids running around out here who's parents don't give a **** about them.  Again PLEASE do not take this personally.  I am not saying YOU would be a bad mom or anything like I said you at least ARE on birth control.  It's the ones on here who say "Um I just had unprotected sex and I really do not want to be pg but I have all the symptoms and I am really scared because I do NOT want a baby right now yaddda yadda yadda.   DO NOT HAVE SEX IF YOU CANNOT DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENSES PEOPLE!!!!!!!!  (even on birth control)  Sorry if I came off as a B***H I am very tired and these posts just get to me sometimes.  Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to bed.    Take Care and Good Luck I hope AF rears her ugly head soon.
You didn't actually have "unprotected sex"......the instructions on the patch are to use it for 3 weeks and not use it for a week.......during the time that you "weren't" using it does not make you "unprotected" because it is actually still in your system........
That said.......
the "weird" things that you are feeling could be a mixture of
an upcoming period........
stress..........
and a touch of the flu.........

I don't know IF you ARE or AREN'T pregnant.......you DID have sex......."protected or not" and the possiblilty is still there either way.......no birth control is 100%!!!!!!

No one else on here is "positive" that you aren't pregnant.....they only gave their opinion as I am doing.......
Get a home pregnancy test and take it........or better yet go in and have a blood pregnancy test done and that will clear the matter up completely.
Hey Im with you girl!!  
One post said hey I waited until I was 18  Im like hey wait a little longer!!
If you play with fire eventually you will get burnt
Use protection were not in the stone ages any more
hey GURL friend well i was 11 when i had sex with my dad and we fuckd for two years and i eventully had a bbaby boy it was cute and **** but it was all special ed and fuckd up we called it **** bag babies so expensive i aint buy excsatsy or crhonic weed fo like months cuz i gotta but formula or some **** WTF babies eat like fuckn foo dont they well now da **** bag do chores and works fo me and aint go to no schhoool he aint need no school so giurlfriend get an abortion or fall down some stairs or do some crystal meth and somegood **** those fuckn shitbags cost money and my daddy aint no pay child support ******* and hestill fucks me **** ******

aight girlfriend holla back at yo girl
I have to ask somethin! Well i was raped i think about 3 months ago but im kinda of a heavy set women you know! Well my stomach is always hard well the upper half and my boobs hurt every now and then and they hurt so bad! I have indegestion and i feel sick! i went to a clinic but they didnt help i have been under so much stress! my period has been very weird! I really dont know what to do! Im really worried i wont be 17 till dec. Someone pls help! mail me at hill_tori_1617***@**** or mrs_smith_1415***@****! I really need some helo! I have gone to the clinic like i said and all they did was do a pee test! But my aunt and mom said it may not work becuz of my stress! I asked for a blood test but they woouldnt give me one! What do i do!? My back hurts im moody! I dont understand! At first i though it was just me worrying so much that my body made me think i was but i put it to the back of my mind cuz i have so much going on! But my boobs still hurt and my period is still weird! What do you think? If im not pregnant, whats wrong?