I think I'm Losing My Mucous Plug!
OK - so I think I am losing my mucous plug - at least that's what the nurse at the OB's office just told me.  I am 36w4d, and I just went to the bathroom at work and saw a normal amt. of CM (normal for me over the last week), BUT it was tinged barely peachish/pink.  I, of course, freaked out, because this is my first pg, and I expected more out of the mucous plug, so I didn't even think it was that!  I thought it was something wrong.  Anyway, the nurse asked me about contractions (no), fluid leakage/loss (no), pain (no), more blood (no), baby movement (yes) and she said "yup - it's most likely your mucous plug - can be just as uneventful as that".  So, I have a regular OB appt. tomorrow for the strep B test and a 3d u/s, so thank goodness this is happening right before, so I can review it with the OB.  I'm completely anxious now all of a sudden.  Like I'm totally not ready to have this baby!  It can be weeks from this point, right?  OMG. OMG!!!  Does this sound like the mucous plug to you??
yes, it does sound like it could be since it was pink in color.  The timing is good with your appointment tomorrow!

Good luck
I have no clue if it sounds like the mucus plug.....never lost mine! lol But I got really anxious for you! I'm ready to be at 36 weeks! Better yet.....40 weeks would be fabulous! lol (Only 12 weeks to go......) Why does the beginning fly by and now it's like time has stopped? lol Good luck at your appt tomorrow! :)
I lost my mucus plug a few hours after I had an internal.  For me, it was VERY obvious that it was my plug because it was alot of mucus and blood. And my contractions were beginning to come more often and regular. Is it possible that this is just the beginning of your plug?  THe way you describe it sounds like it was a small amount.  
kbrown - thanks for the reassurance!

ruby - you are too funny! It feels way too fast once this part starts!  I responded to your comment in the other post about when to stop working.

newbie - I don't know if it's the beginning.  Oh wow - thanks for telling me what you experienced.  I'll be looking out for it tonight.  When did you go into labor after losing the plug?
Well, it's a little complicated but I'll try to make it brief.  A few days after my due date, I kept noticing wetness on my undies(on a saturday).  More than usual.  So I went into labor and delivery thinking I had a slow leak.  I had some contractions but not regular.  When they checked me, I was about 2 cm dilated but my water hadnt broke.  I was already scheduled for induction that monday and so they sent me home.  After them checking me, I kept bleeding.  Then a few hours later, I lost my plug.  It was very bloody (like a clot) and mucusy (like clear jelly) and I was very sure after I saw it, that it was my plug.  After that, the contractions started about every 12-15 mins.  Sunday came and my contractions got worse and were ever 10 mins apart.  It was so bad that I couldn't sleep.  Monday morning  came and I went in for my induction.  I was already getting them about 8 to 10 mins apart.  When I was checked in, I was 2.5 cm.  I was in labor.  If they hadn't induced at that point, I probably would have gone into the hospital later that day on my own. So you can say, about 48 hours after I lost my plug. Hope that helps :) It's an exciting time for you.  Are you going to do it naturally?
It is amazing how ready you feel until it is time, and then all you can think is "Wait, I am totally not ready for this"...Keep us posted on what the doc says!!!! I am supposed to be watching for signs of losing my mucus plug, so let me know if that is what it turns out to be:) Good Luck!
My mucus plug was huge bloody mess.  It scared the **** outta me.  Thankfully I was already in L&D for a NST and they sent me for the urine sample and that's when it happened.  I pushed the help button so fast you couldn't believe.  I was in tears because I thought I was losing my baby, I was there because I hadn't felt her move for  a few days.  But the doc had tried stripping my membranes to get everything moving and didn't tell me.  Yeah, it really doesn't hurt when they do that, I had no clue it was even done!  But they did the NST and everything looked good so they sent me home around 11AM and by 1PM my water broke and I was back!  So good luck hun!
My sister lost her mucas plug 3 weeks before she del.. and she was 2-3 cm for 3 weeks also...Everyone is different..
Hula-

Not sure if this is too late and it was a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago for me, but mucus plug and then labor started full on like a mack truck 10 minutes later....So....GOOD LUCK!!!

G
I lost mine at 35 weeks, had my membranes swept a few times after 38 weeks and still ended up induced ; ) It can mean things are happening or it can mean nothing!

If nothing else, this gets you motivated to dot those "i's" and cross those "t's; before baby gets here ; )':
Hi all!  Thanks again for all of your comments - and the new ones!  I went home shortly after posting my questions, because I was so freaked out :)  Nothing eventful happened last night - not even on Braxton Hicks.  I have to say that I am happy about that - I still feel completely unready.  My sonogram and strep b test is at 2pm today, and I won't be coming back to work, so I'll definitely check in with everyone tomorrow with how things are progressing.  This sure is exciting and scary all at the same time!  Pookie -get ready!
Hi Hulahut,

since you and I have the same due date, I am always very interested in what is going on with you! :)

I love you comment "I expected more out of the mucous plug"!  I had to laugh!  I cant say that I have many expectations about the mucous plug - hadnt thought much about it up until now.  

I heard/read that from the time you lose your mucous plug, it could be hours, days or weeks before you deliver.... it really varies from woman to woman.

I haven't lost mine yet though.  I have had a lot more CM and wetness lately, but that is it.  No mucous plug, no other changes, BH contractions continue like before and I am 1 cm dialated...  Next appointment is on Friday.