I was counseled to have an abortion because of my ablation
I tried to register last week and was unsuccessful on another site. I wish I had seen this site. I was 6 weeks pregnant and we wanted this baby. Unfortunately I had endometrial ablation last August. My doctor told me the pregnancy would be disasterous and advised abortion right away. I listened to her and not I see that there are successful pregnancies after ablation. I just had the abortion on Wednesday so it has been 3 days of Hell. I can't stop thinking about my baby and I can't stop crying. I just want to thank all of you for sharing and if I happen to get pregnant in the future I will keep my pregnancy largly because of what you ladies have posted. I wish I had found this site on Tuesday.
I don't think anyone would have been able to suggest a different outcome. Having had the ablation so recently, it would have likely not made it very far. Have faith in your doctor to know what the right decision was in this situation.

My thoughts are with you right now, I can only imagine the ache you must feel.
I concur w/Andi - have faith in your doctor.  Bless your heart - I know you're in lots of pain right now and am thinking of you that you'll start to work through your pain.  

Talk to your dr about your feelings - perhaps she can help you work through this & give you the peace you deserve.  
I'm sorry this has been so upsetting for you.  Its not a good situation.

I'm curious, though.  Did the doctor not advise you to never become pregnant again after an ablation?  No one should ever have an ablation if there is any possibility of wanting another child.  Women who have ablations should be on an effective method of birth control.

While you will see some stories of successful pregnancies after ablation, by far the bad outcomes outnumber the good.  And on MedHelp, take what you read with a grain of salt.  "Miracles" happen here every day.  The impossible is regularly possible here.  So I'm very sure you will read how this person or that person had a fine pregnancy and lovely child, no problems at all.

I personally think you did the right thing, because the outcome could have been disastrous had you not.  But I lay some blame with the doctor if you were not strongly warned against pregnancy after ablation.