Maternal & Child Community
IF ANY OF YOU HAVE MISCARRIED ~ WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED? WAS BLOOD RED OR...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE MISCARRIED ~ WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED? WAS BLOOD RED OR BROWNISH

I THINK IM MISCARRYING, BUT I HAVE NO SYMPTOM, JUST ALOT OF BROWNISH DISCHARGE THAT DOESNT STOP COMING OUT EVERYTIME I GO TO THE BATHROOM, IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCES A MISCARRIAGE, HOW DID IT START? AND WHAT COLOUR WASTHE DISCHARGES? RED OR BROWNISH? WHAT DID U SEE WHILE IT CAME OUT? HOW LONG DID IT LAST?

ITS HAPPENING TO ME AS WE SPEAK , AND IM FREAKING OUT..ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE?

GUTT FEELING TELLS ME IM MISCARRYING, THERE IS WAY TOO MUCH BROWNISH LIKE STUFF, ON EVERY WIPE. FOR IT TO BE NORMAL DISCHARGE..UR THOUGHTS?

PS. I CAN ONLY SEE THE DOC TOMORROW AM...IM WORRRIED SICK!

IF IT IS A MISCARRIAGE , WHAT DO I DO NOW??HOW SOON CAN I GET PREGNANT AGAIN, ??
please let us know what ur OB says tomorrow!  Good luck.  Don't lose faith. It could be nothing..gram
HI, I'm so sorry to hear your pain. I'm not sure. I have had 6 miscarriages. Mine have all been bright red blood usually for 1 day before cramping started. It would be only when I whipped then it started to be clots and stringy stuff to has time passed on. Are you having any lower back pain? Are you passing any clots? I will pray for you.

Christie
ITS DARKISH BROWN, THERE ARE SOME CLOTH (I GUESS) ..BY CLOTHS I MEAN , LIKE JELLY STUFF, NOT SURE WHAT IT IS..I HAVE SEEN SOME LONG STRINGS IN THERE THIS MORNING, NOT SURE WHAT IT ALL MEANS, IM CONFUSED RIGHT NOW. WHAT WAS IT LIKE FOR YOU ?
IM SORRY TO HEAR U HAD MISCARRIAGES AS WELL.
NO SYMPTOMS AT ALL...I FIND IT WEIRD TOO .....
perty=

what week r u?
IM 9 WEEKS TODAY..IM SORRY TO HEAR ABOT UR CRAMPS..HOW R U FEELING NOW?
I miscarried they day before turkey day and had d&c 11/23. I had cramping that slowly escalated what seems to be labor pains about every 5-6 minutes. (I have never given birth so that is why I say simlar to labor pains.) The blood was bright red but started out redish brown, just as you describe. And althoug I was at risk, the doctor told me it was normal in some women.

My pains were horrible so bad they had to keep me in the hospital and give me morphine, but in the course i never got any back pain out of my normal back pain. And when i say it hurt I am not joking. I have several surgeries and never have had to have anything but a tylenol.

But every person and miscariiage form what i see has been different so make sure to keepus posted and good luck to you at your DOC visit, Julia
I had pink spotting only when I wiped for about a day. The next day I had period like bleeding for a few hours with mild cramps. That quickly escalated into horrible labor pains, the urge to push and lots of bright red blood with clots. I hope you are okay.
I was only 7 or 8 weeks pregnant. I hadn't seen an OB yet. I didn't have cramps but I was bleeding bright red blood and then I started having a lot of clots that eventually got huge and it was like the blood would just pour out of me when I sat on the toilet. Since you problems seem to be mild, so far, your doctor very well might be able to stop it if you are indeed miscaariaging. Get plenty of rest, and let me know what happens.

-riki
When I was about 9 weeks pregnant, I started spotting a brown discharge, that lasted for about 2 weeks (but when I would go to the bathroom you could see little pieces floating in the bottom of the toliet as well...sorry tmi) anyway, my doctor's office at the time kept telling me it was ok, but in my gut I knew it wasn't.  Anyway, finally about 2 weeks a 2-3 days later, it started being red blood and I had some back cramps.  Well on the 4th day I went to the ER b/c the pain was worse, and that is when my water broke and my little angel came out.  This is just my experience, and I hope yours is nothing like this.  I do hope your doctor can give you reassurance today.  If he/she doesn't, please, please demand an ultrasound for your own piece of mind.  I always think about what-if I would have done things differently, of course I know it wouldn't have mattered, but it does tug at your heart.  Let us know how it goes.  And best of luck to you, you are in my thoughts.
Usually brown discharge is a sign of old blood not new blood.  When I M/C back in Sept it was bright red.  I had no brown until toward the end.  Hope all is well, try to relax until tomorrow.  If you are really freaking out, you could always go to urgent care or the emergency room.    

Blessings.
mine started very light brown, it wasnt all the time when i wiped myself but i knew something wasnt right. after 2-3 days it become a bit pinkier, then again more brownish. i went to emergency and they told me everything was ok, 3 days later i had my scan and they told me my baby died. i had missed misc.

it may be nothing but go and get checked.
good luck
Mine started out pink, then turned bright red and heavy. I had bad cramps even through my back. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
I had what you had and went on to be fine but it is also a sign of a possible m/c.  Praying for you.  Hopefully all will be ok.  I was around 9 weeks also.
I AM 4 WEEKS PREGNANT AND I AM CRAMPING REAL BAD BUT I AM NOT SPOTTING. I AM WORRIED BECAUSE I RECENTLY HAD AN MISSED MISCARRIAGE AND IM HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS.
In '02, when I had my miscarriage, I went into the bathroom and (bear with me, ladies, this sounds really gross), pulled me pants down to go potty, and this big long, thick "string" of grayish slime just like fell out of me is the only way I can describe it... then, right in the middle of it was this bright orange color in almost an oval shape, then a bunch more grayish stuff and then my period started (REAL heavy)... at first, It didn't dawn on me... and when I saw the orange, I knew for sure what it was and just started crying... I hadn't even known I was pregnant, but I caused the miscarriage...(I was 21 and being a silly party animal)... was too drunk all the time to know I was pregnant...glad I don't do that anymore... :-( I guess the only reason I didn't feel any cramping was probably cause maybe I was still a little drunk, I don't know... new subject-this makes me sad and mad at meself....
I just recently miscarried well the baby died when i was 9 weeks along and i didn't start bleeding til i was 11 weeks i went to the ER and they checked me out and did a utrasound and told me that the baby has been dead since i was 9 weeks. They sent me home and then on Friday the 9-7-07 i started have labor pains and then after and hour my water broke and the little baby came out and i called the ER and they told me to get in there as soon as possible and to bring in the baby well it was dead....... They check me out again in the ER and then they kept me all night cause i had a big blood clot stuck in my uterus... well the next morning 9-8-07 they gave me a D&C... well anyways about the time it died i was haveing a tooth ache i went to the ER 8-26-07 and they gave me a shot to numb my mouth and they gave me lortabs then on 8-27-07 i went to the denist and they gave me 4 shots in my mouth and pulled out 3 teeth... well my baby died around that time so could it be from the lortabs or the shots the denist gave me
I just miscarried Sept 1st.  I had NO PAIN, NO CRAMPING, and only brownish light discharge.  I was 10 weeks pregnant with twins.  I went in for an US - no HB (there were HBs at 8 week US) - All I can say is - you never know and call your doctor.
ok im pregnant but i havent had a chance to see a OB doctor yet and i have a miscarriage one time last year and me and my husband dont want to have another miscarrage (miscarriage) i see really light blood but its not really a lot of blood really nothing but i had this red looks like a circle of blood and i really scared because i want this baby more than anything it will hurt me so bad if i lost this baby im also having little cramps and feel like throwing up can anyone help me please
hi i think im pregnant but i have my period it started of brown then pink and red now its orane could anyone help me please
That sounds like one of my periods, I would like to know too what causes that if not pregnancy (misscarriage). I went to the doc and did'nt find out anything except that the preg test was negative, I don't understand of course it was neg if I misscarried they made me feel stupid for trying to find out.
I have endometriosis  for some time now and was told I would never be able to concieve (conceive) well I believe in God ..well you may know where I'm heading with this having had very abnormal periods but, only this time around I had not had a cycle for 2 1/2 mnths firdt pregnancey test I tool (positive) second one (neg) thne took a dr.'s one also neg. was toldif @ all possible could be a tuble. Well I have been for the last week been seeing brown blood and little things floating inside the toilet I've been wearing a panti liner due to it and have gone through them all (22) sill w/ brown blood what do you suggest I have a 9 yr. old son and have never experienced any thing like this. Can any one relate. (everytime I go to the dr. it's no hope he just says well due to the endo. you're not able) I need another voice help me I have had very bad cramping which is not abnormal for me but, the brown blood is very abnormal.,
i am 26 and have had 2 miscarriges i have 4 kids i am preagnant i am 9wks and is bleeding brown blood this has never happened to me before my doc appt is not untill the 17 i talked to a nurse and she didnt give me no good answer its getting worse i am also seeing stringy stuff floating in the toilet and when i wipe im wondering now am i miscarring
I had my first natural m/c today. I noticed some signs yesterday that I really didnt pay attention to. When I get pregnant, my nipples turn a chocolate color, but yesterday they were faded almost to normal. And yesterday when I went to the bathroom, I had a clear gooey discharge. I didnt think anything of it...I was just like thats weird. I had felt mild cramping, but it's not unusual because I usually feel some cramping in the beginning of my pregnancies.

But today, I went to the bathroom, wiped myself and saw what looked like blood & water, and looked in the toilet and saw little brown pieces floating in the water and what looked like a half-dollar sized blood clot sitting in the bottom of the toilet. I was like Wow! is this really happening? And yes it is. The flow is pretty mild and it looks like a blood and water mixture.

My boyfriend is more upset than I am. And for a while I was in pregnancy denial. But yesterday, I resigned myself to being pregnant and started mentally preparing for this baby....and today this happens. Isn't life funny like that?
The first time I miscarried I had NO symptoms, NO bleeding of any kind. I only found out at my first OB appt.  I ended up having a d & c becuase my body would not pass anything on it's own.  With my second miscarraige (miscarriage) I started out with some brown to light pink spotting.  No cramps that I can remember.  I went to my OB and he gave me a shot of progesterone but said it wasn't looking good...checked my HCG levels but they didn't double.  A few days later while I was at work I started getting really painful cramping and started bleeding really bad.  The hard bleeding and major cramps lasted most of that day...with some residual into the next day.  My body passed everything on it's own that time.  I hope this is not the case for you.
I am about 6-7 weeks pregnant and for the last few days have had some light brown spotting that eventually started getting a mixture of light pinkish in it.  I went to the ER and they said that I had a THREATENED miscarriage. My cervix was fully closed (thankfully) and I then had an ultra sound and I saw my baby's heartbeat. My Dr. said that this is completely normal in alot of pregnancies and could just be nothing. He said that mild cramps was just my Uterus stretching and preparing for more room for the baby. BUT he also said that what I was experiencing could be an early early start of a miscarriage and I would know if it was b/c my blood would become bright red and would have jelly like clots in it. I have not had that so far and am living each day with prayer. I have though however found little stringy like things in my blood. I get an ultra sound tomorrow and am praying that those have nothing to do with my baby.
Pls am 8 week 3 days. had sex with hubby and the next day i started spotting.had a scan and all was fine.But after two days,i started Cramping and bleeding red blood with serious back pain.Am keeping Faith in God that all is Well.Any advice Pls.Thanks
Hajo.
I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks.  my OBG told to have a D &C in public hospital, as my OBG is a consultant.  So i went to public hospital for D&C.  At the starting of D&C my uterus perforated and they stopped doing D&C. My baby was inside my uterus  They have done laproscopy to fix my 1 cms perforated uterus. After 1 week of my D&C my OBG gave me cyotec 400mg vaginally, to miscarry fast.  I bleed for about 5 days and then my bleeding gradually turned to brown and tapered off.  After nearly 18 days all of a sudden i started bleeding bright red blood not heavy mild to moderated bleeding.  Can anyone experienced this type of bleeding if so reply
It wasn't bcuz u partied, it was much more likely bcuz the baby had chromosomal abnormalities and would not have formed correctly no matter if u were or were not doing that.
Im a little confused about all this. I had unprotected sex the day before ovulation. I have been getting early pregnansy symptoms but not the somre boobs just nipples are tingley.my last period was april 8th. I was supposed to start yesterday maybe 4 but  instead I got  white discharge and then later pinkish stuff when I whiped. and I saw very very small red clots like as small as a rolly polly. Then this morning I woke up and found red blood in my pad. Ive been reading stuff on here and so far  all I can find is late implantation, and just heavy implantation bleeding, and miscarriage stuff im so confused. This didnt happen in my first pergnansy I just had a late period then spotting. And I have never had anything like this. Someone please help
Brownish is so common I thought I might be pree pregnant but dismissed idea when I went to the bathroom because of the brownish red discharge This lasted 4 days and I just thoughthought it was a light period. It was onwas only a month later when no period appeararrived that I realised that I might be pregnant I was 10 weeks. Don't worry too much and Good Luck.
im going out of my mind with worry, im 5 weeks pregnant and was bleeding brown blood for a week which turned red when i wiped, went to a and e and they said my hcg level was ok but could be having a m/c or more prone to one and booked me into the early pregnancy unit in 2 weeks time so im over 6 weeks and it willshow up on a scan, well just been to the loo and when i wiped there was red blood i cant stop crying as think i could be having a m/c i still feel sick sore boobs tired and back ache
I had my first U/S on friday last week. The OB told me that there was an empty sac, so most likely I was having a miscarriage. That day before my appt. I started having some moderate-heavy bleeding. I havent stopped bleeding as of yet. Yesterday I had some piercingly painful cramps and when I went to the bathroom, and wiped, there was a very large blood clot with some whiteish stringy stuff with it. I can only assume that this was me passing the sac. But I am not sure because this is the first time being pregnant and of course having a m/c.
I had a menstral on Nov.22 2012 and had another one on Nov. 30 2012 again... Didnt have a mestral for December. I started to have cramps around the first week of jan, it kinda worry me a bit bt still thinking its prob my mentral was abt to come. I started to hav lower back pain n feel like i want to throw up. I eventually made an appointment on jan 9 to check if am preg, got a set date for january 10 2013  And i woke this morning (jan. 10 2013) went to the restroom to pee, after wiping i saw lite pink so i wipe again to make sure i wasnt tripping.. Best believe i wasnt.. I did in deed saw pink. So i put a pad on.. I will be seeing the docs today. If i am pregnant i should b about 6weeks now. It will be heart breaking if i have a m/c because this will b my first child for me n my husband... I am really worried.
Have anyone ever had this happen to them before?
hi they did an u/s on me and told me the baby had no heart beat and my body would pass it naturally but ive only been spotting dak brown blood with no symptoms and my levels only dropped from 20 to 12 thousand idk what is going on I have no infection but I am wondering how long did you bleed for and how did the results turn out?
I'm really worried, I'm 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant, I've just been to the loo and when I wiped there was a small amount of pink on the toilet roll, is this normal? I'm going out of my mind.