Maternal & Child Community
IS THIS MY CHILD?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

IS THIS MY CHILD?

IF A FATHER BLOOD TYPE IS B POSITIVE, AND HIS CHILD BLOOD TYPE IS AB POSITIVE, WHAT SHOULD THE MOTHER'S BLOOD TYPE BE?
A, or AB. this seems like your tryin to figure out paternity. if thats the case...a dna test is the way to go
Kim is right, the only way to tell is to have a DNA test, my DNA is completely different than my fathers.
You can't tell from blood.  You could narrow it down to A, B, or AB. which doesn't do much. And she could be - or +.  You need DNA to tell.
Looks like you can get it done for about $100,  with just your DNA and the child's.

http://www.gtldna.com/sendtoday.html
Kingkevin, suspicions and guessing based on blood type do no good.  It sounds like you are not married to the mom.  However, there are also situations in which a married man would ask this question.  Do the DNA test, in either case.  If you are not married to the mom but find that the baby is yours, step up.  A vulnerable little baby deserves a wholehearted daddy, whether or not he has much relationship with the mommy.  Be there for your baby if it is yours.  If you ARE married and find out that the baby is not biologically yours, please talk to legal counsel.  I believe that in many (if not all) states, any baby born to a married couple is legally the child of both of them.  If you are married and intend to stay married even if the baby is not genetically yours, I hope you can take my comments about a vulnerable little baby who needs a daddy to heart.  

I hope that whatever answer the DNA test gives, knowing also gives you peace.
I WAS CURIOUS BECAUSE OF SOMETHING THE MOTHER OF MY CHILD SAID 21 YEARS AGO WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN.  WHICH HAS LED ME TO BELIEVE THAT SHE IS NOT MY BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER. SO THAT IS WHY I POSED THE QUESTION NOW. I LOVE MY DAUGHTER AND I RAISED HER FROM AN INFANT AND STILL TO THIS VERY DAY.  BUT SOMETHING INSIDE IS TELLING ME AND ALWAYS HAS TOLD ME THAT MY EX-WIFE LIED TO ME.  SO I WAS JUST TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT WITHOUT UPSETTING MY DAUGHTER.
Hi, KingKevin.  Sorry to have misinterpreted the situation.  We often get young guys on this site who are being told by a girlfriend that a baby is theirs.  I'm delighted to hear your daughter has such a wonderful dad as you.  And as I said, you ARE her dad, simply by virtue of having been married to her mom at the time she was born.  But you are more than that by virtue of your actions for 21 years, and into the future.  She is your daughter by love and law, and even if you want to find out more, she will love you all the same and you will love her all the same.  Annie
my neighbor is a nurse-  during her studies she found out with some project she was doing that her dad was not acutally her biological father...  she never told him, for the same reason you don't want to dig too deep and hurt your daughter...  but I know her dad would obviously never love her any less...  have you thought about talking to your ex-wife about it?  Maybe she could clear it up without going any further...  but then again,  if you don't have a good relationship with her, she could turn the situation against you with your daughter...  so...  just making a suggestion without knowing al the details!  
You're her dad.  Doesn't matter what the DNA says.

My uncle had a son,  everyone in the family knew wasn't biologically his,  but they were completely bonded.  My uncle was there for this boy all his childhood,  even knowing his wife had cheated on him,  and my cousin was there for his dad in his declining years.  It was a beautiful thing to watch - parenting transcends sperm.

I can't imagine how testing would help you.  At her age you can't do it secretly - she'd certainly understand what was going on - and it doesn't matter what the outcome would be.

Enjoy her.
anyone can be called a father but it takes a real man to stand up and be a father! best of luck to you