Maternal & Child Community
ITCHY BELLY BUTTON AND HEADACHES

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

ITCHY BELLY BUTTON AND HEADACHES

IM CURRENTLY 6 WEEKS PREGNANT AND AM NOTICING THAT MY BELLY BUTTON IS VERY ITCHY. WHY? DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH MY SKIN STRETCHING OR IS THE UMBILICAL CORD STARTING TO FORM?
I AM ALSO GETTING SLIGHT HEADACHES, IS IT DUE TO CHANGES IN MY VISION(I WEAR CONTACTS)OR AN UNBALANCE IN HORMONES?
PLEASE HELP.

JESSICA
  • Sore Bellybutton (5 replies):
    This may sound strange, but my bellybutton feels like it...[more]
  • belly button (3 replies):
    why is my belly button starting to pop out if i am not p...[more]
  • belly button (9 replies):
    I am 33 weeks and I was just wondering if I am the only ...[more]
  • Belly Button (2 replies):
    i am not sure if i am pregnant or not, but i believe tha...[more]
  • Help! (3 replies):
    Okay, im 12 weeks pregnant and off and on my belly butto...[more]
Hi there Jessica.

It seems a bit early for your belly to start growing, but I know that can make your skin itch...

In the first trimester, my breasts were SO itchy! - Of course, they were expanding at least a cup size.

You could also try lotion / vitamin E oil.. Maybe you just have dry skin.

I have no idea about the headaches.. But they say that can be part of pg too...

Congrats!
-Heather
The baby's umbilical cord has nothing to do with your belly button.

Your belly button formed when YOU were growing inside of your mother.  It is the place where YOUR umbilical cord was attached.  Is really nothing more than a scar.

I only know about headaches, it's caused by hormones.
i had extremely severe headaches the first 4 months and all they could tell me was that the rising level of hormones makes the bloodvessles in your head constrict a bit causing pressure.  Mine were so bad with this preg i ended up in the er twice, on top of morning sickness that left me over the toilet 6 hours a day..hope yours isnt as bad
Just thought of something on the headaches...

Have you tried chiropractic?

I would suggest giving it a shot.. It's natural, and there's a whole slew of information out there about how good it is for pregnant women to go to a chiropractor (even some research indicating easier deliveries)...

I've been seeing a chiropractor for a long time, and when my spine is in the correct position, I don't get headaches.

-I'm so thankful that someone recommended Chiro. to me.
(Not to sound like a commercial, but it's helped me alot).

-Heather
Use some mosituriser, I find that helps. The chiropractor is great for headaches. As an athlete I used a chiropractor when ever I had a bad full or my knee was hurting or headaches and it always worked. I havent been since Ive been pregnant I think Im a bit scared to and cant really afford to at the moment.

good luck
Sheryl
Thank you all for your cooments,they were very comforting. I have yet some more.

1:Im not throwing up(thank GOD),but I waking up with nausea,but today I really did have any, is that normal? One day to get it and then the next not to?

2: Im 6 weeks, put my clothes are starting not to fit. Am I going crazy? Does this haooen alot?
It's normal for your symptoms to vary, yes.  I had nausea for only the first week or so (so far).  And everyone is different about how their body reacts to pregnancy!  You are probably a bit bloated, and maybe thickening around the waist a little.  I know that even though I've lost weight since I found out I'm pregnant, my belly likes to pooch out more than normal after a meal, and if I'm wearing tight pants it's uncomfortable. :)
Jessi...

I was really bloated from the beginning. (Technical term is bowel distention I think).

Only my husband believed me that my tummy was bigger- because he could tell too.

I'm now around 14-15 weeks and am truly showing (still just a little), but I know I wasn't seeing things earlier either.

Pay attention to whether or not you're constipated / gassy.. Get your exercise (simply a good walk will help w/ the bloating).

Congrats again.
-Heather
I am 6 or 7 weeks. and my belly button is EXTREMELY ITCHY TOO! don't listen to people that have their rude comments. :) my pants are sooo uncomfortable. wear sweats!... and i get headaches every now and then. doctors say  reg. tylenol is OK! :) good luck with pregnancy!
lol i was told an old wives tale, if you're belly is itchy you're having twins. my belly was SUPER SUPER SUPER Itchy. i mean it drove me nuts my first trimester....i had twins. lol. and my headaches were KILLER!!!! thank god for tylenol.
I'm 6 weeks pregnant and just had a twisting feeling :/ never had this with my 1st