Maternal & Child Community
IVF Transfer W/ ICSI-symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

IVF Transfer W/ ICSI-symptoms

I am new to the site.  My husband and I underwent our 1st IVF with ICSI on 12/1/05.  Transferred 2 Grade 1 embroys which we are very excited about. 12/1-12/3 did not fuss much and took it easy.  Went back to work on 12/5 and experienced and light spotting and an expulsion of a small clot.  Same thing happened on 12/6 however this time there was more tissue, small amout of bright red blood and a larger clot.  Doctor's office asks the same questions each time I called and have reassured me it is normal however their is not testing they can do this early in thge game.  I have had on and off cramps since 12/5 sometimes more intense than others.  
Can anyone share if they have had similar experiences and their suggestions/stories.  Blood test not until 12/14 and the anticipation is hard to manage.  I continue to try to stay positive however need some feedback.  Any comments are appreciated.  Thanks :}
I am so sorry, I do not have any experience with IVF or any of those prcedures, but I did want to wlecome you here and let you know that I am hoping the best for you and your dh. The waiting is always the hardest part.

Good luck!
Andi
I just delievered my IVF baby last week  (after the third attempt)
I bled but it didn't start till week 5 (so three weeks post transfer)  The one time we only transferred two embies I didn't get preggo
are you on enough progesterone - you shouldn;t bleed if you are?  how much are you taking?
you can take an HPT about 9-10 days post transfer - so tomorrow morning if you are readingthis tonight
I did HPT with first 2 transfers on day 10 - slight positive
on 2nd tranfer I got implantation bleeding on day 12 but I miscarried around 8-10 weeks
this time my docs did my first beta at nine days post transfer and I was pg with a singleton
best of luck
feel free to ask other IVF questions - there are several of us here who did IVF!
I have just had my 5th IVF attempt (unfortunately I had a miscarriage a few days ago).

The bleeding you experienced a few days after transfer may be from the egg collection procedure(this happened to me once).  I think it is quite common and nothing to be worried about.

As for the cramping.  If you are on progesterone (crinone pessaries or pregnyl injections) that can cause cramping so I wouldn't be too concerned.  It is a really stressful two week wait for the results.  I can only suggest that you try and relax (I know easier said than done).  At this stage it has either worked or not.

Good luck I have my fingers crossed for you.
Ladies

I cannot begin to thank you for your comments and good wishes.  Kepping everything crossed for my results.

Best of luck to you all!
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site and discussions/questions. I am 8 days post embryo transfer. This was our first IVF cycle and we were able to transfer 2 "very good quality" embryos... I'm very impatient and will not find out if I am pg until 12/28. I have not experienced any cramping or vaginal discharge since the transfer and we are hoping that is an excellent sign that all is well and attached. Has anyone gone thru IVF and been sucessful on the first try?
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this site and want to wish everyone out there the best of luck! I had an IVF transfer with ICSI and am now 10 days post transfer. They transferred two 8A grade embryos. I have not had any bleeding or vaginal discharge. But I did however, get OHSS. It's slowly getting better but the nausea is a killer at times. Oh and I'm also on progesterone injections and estrogen patches. Anybody else have or had this similar situation and the IVF worked?
Hello, I am new to the site and 4 days post transfer. I am very anxious because on the day of transfer the two embryos we transfered were almost to blast but not quite. We then had 5 embryos remaining hoping to go to blast to freeze and none made it. This is our first try at Ivf. I have had several friends have success in IVF on the first try. They were unable to conceive at all. We are able to conceive but I have numerous miscarriages. I am very concerned that the remaining embryos not making it is a sign we will not have success.
As for cramping and bleeding. I cramp not major pain but pretty consistant I am on progesterone injections 2ml starting today one up until now. I have not spotted yet but have been forewarned this will occur. Anyway best of luck to all this sure is nerve racking
I am new to this site but in desperate need of some advice!  This is my second IVF with ICSI but the first time to get to embryo transfer.

It has been 13 days since transfer and I have taken 4 tests that have all been positive, yet I am now bleeding quite heavily and experiencing some cramps.  

Has anyone else had a similar experience or could shed any light on this?
This is my fifth cycle of IVF. I am 27 and my husband and I  tried for 2 years before we started IVF. We got pregnant 3 out of 4 cycles ending in misscarriage and now I am on my fifth  fresh cycle. I transferred two embryos on day 3. 8 cell grade 2. I have 6 days till the pregnancy test. I had cramping,nausea, and my boobs were sore. The symptoms have dwindled. I pray every night that this is our time! I am glad there is support because no one understands unless it happens to them. Thanks for listening.....Good luck to everyone going through this journey.  
Hi all,
        I'm also new to the site. I want to say what amazing  and brave group of women we are.  I had 11 eggs on the retrieval  but just 1 embryo went true successfully, they transferred the 1 but on grade C on the 25th Jan and now on my 3th day I have had different symptoms specially at the next day, inflamed belly as I guess normal for the retrieval and diarrhea..., feeling tired and sleepy,  sudden breast pain and peeing .  I'm using progesterone 3 times per day.  I'm wondering what its going to hapend and I'm feeling angry, sad and not optimistic because of my embryo quality but I'm trying to get rid of the stress with some music and studying .  I was reading a lot about the quality of embryos and implantation process so  in some cases this can produce a  bit of bliding and cramps? but always its important to confirm this with the doctor....
My preg test is on February 8 at 8 o'clock ...I can't wait...
All the best for all you.xxxx God bless you .I would love to read a good news.
What can I say? The wait is consuming! I'm 28 and have a 3 year old, which we had with no problems. We've been trying to get pegnany for 2 years. We've done IUI twice and finally decided to go for IVF. I am only on day 3 of our IVF transfer. We transfered 2 embryos and the doctor said they looked great. Will I get pregnancy symptoms soon? We won't go in for PT until 12/28 .... it's crazy! One minute I'm convinced it worked and the next I'm trying to give myself a pep talk. I'm praying for God's grace and guidance.

My heart goes out to all the women who are trying to fulfill their dreams of motherhood!
I am five days since transfer.  This is my first IVF cycle after 7 IUIs.  My husband can not have kids so I have had to use doner sperm.  My first IUI was sucessful but ended as a suspected ectopic. Having a positive result kept me going back for more IUIs until I decided enough was enough.   I had 10 eggs at retrieval with 4 fertilized. 2 grade 1 embryo's at stage 8 were transfered, the other 2 did not make it. I was very sad and emotional the day they told me that the 2 didn't make it.  I guess I just wanted that safety net so that if this cycle doesn't work that I could use those other 2 frozen one but I will now have to go through the whole thing again if this doesn't work or if I want a 2nd child. I was also sad because it made me think that if they didn't make it what does that mean for the 2 that they implanted.... I am on 200mg of pregesterone supp 3 times daily and I too have experiend speratic cramping. My P test is March 26th. 9 more days so I truly hope that the cramping is too early to be signs of a period.
I am in my 5dp after 3dt in ICSI treatment and i am new to this side, i had period like cramps from d4pt in the night and last night too.  I also pee a lot and had high temperature in the night. can this be possitive result? please this is my first attempt.
i'm also new to this site and i;m 12 days post icsi transfer....
i am so scared to do a test and decided to just wait it out...
My breast are sore, feeling sleepy all the time ...but i/m still scared..did a test on the 7 day post transfer and it was neg...that's why i swore off pr.tests...
hi. my partner and i are going through our first IVF cycle and had embie transfer 14 days ago. test in two days. ive had no spotting, no bleeding but lots of cramps. can anyone else tell me if they've had the same experience please? im terrified. can it still be negative if ive had no signs of losing it? thanks. been reading lots of your experiences and you are all so brave. good luck to you all. x
I am on my second IVF cycle, first we got our darling daughter now almost 2. This was a thaw cycle, it's day 9PET, it's killing me. I have had no implantation bleed with either attempts so that I can't comment on. I have felt nausea off and on and really tired which can be signs of pregnancy, but also result from progesterone pessaries. I want to do a HPT but am so worried it dill be negative, so I'll wait till blood test on thursday
Am new here and dont know how to start. This is my girdt time ivf. I
I had my icsi embryo transfer yestetday morninh .I dind have agood sleep as I wad
having a severe dyomach cramp the ejole night.  When I went to the loo this
morning, I saw a mild tracrd of blood.  I just wondered.  Why and what is the reason.  Any body to help please