Maternal & Child Community
IVF Transfer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

IVF Transfer

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and have been reading alot of you guys concerns and issues with IVF and a lot of the information is very helpful. This is my second attempt I M/C with last PG at 19 wks with twins, it was the most difficult but now I am PG again, about 4wks, at the time of transfer I had no bleeding unlike the last time, but now at 4wks I noticed blood when I wipe (sorry if TMI). My Doc said nothing to worry about but I can't help it because the last time lead to a M/C, it's been 2 days so far and nothing has changed except I have added occasional mild cramping. Should I stop working, and rest or go straight to panic mode?  please help ease my mind!
Hi, I am sorry to hear about the lost of your twins.  It is very devistating to loose two childrens at the same time.   I also lost twin girls at 24 wks pregnant and its been 1 year already and I still hurt for the lost of my girls.  I also got pregnant with IVF and I know how hard it is going through the treatment and than worrying about loosing the pregnancy.  You should just take it easy for the first few weeks.  If you are about 4 wks pregnant, that means that you just found out that it was positive. Don't do any stranous lifting, bending, exercising or any type of activity that may put you at risk on m/c.  I know that a lot of people still do their regular routine when they also do IVF.  I just feel that if it was me, I would try to me a little more careful.  With the bleeding, I also have read a lot of stories that women would bleed and feel cramps and they went to have beautiful babies.  Every pregnancy is different.  Just take good care of you and your pregnancy.  Congratulations on your pregnancy and have a safe 8 month pregnancy.

Thanks alot, it means alot, I am in return sorry for your loss as well. Just try to keep your head up b/c even though i am pg again i still miss my twins also, my due date would be next month 3/15/07. So I am still a little nervous.
Because you are so delicate, I would get as bedrest as possible.  The pressure of your uterus might be to much for you cervic to take.  Over the phone diagnoses is one that I am not fond of either.  Especially with your history.  I would take it very, very easy, being pampered and cared for by DH, for this pregnancy, if you can afford it!  You are carrying sensitive cargo, girl.  Your body is not like an armor truck, freight train or 18 wheeler, more sensitive like an airplane, you put faith in God and just good with the flow.  So be smart. Sometimes we are our own doctors.

Prayers and well wishes with you, DH and your duration.  Don't stress, either. That is not good for the babies.  You guys need to make some heartfelt decisions.  Blessings Flo!

It is 10pm here where I am and finally the bleeding when I wipe has stopped. I just want to thank all of your for your uplifting responses I needed them, May God Bless you all, and GOOD LUCK to all of you. Stay in touch! I hope I can be of support to this site b/c you all have helped me.  (A Little Word A Day- Goes A Long..Long..Way.)
i too had an IVF miscarriage

then next pg I spotted and freaked - doc said rest no excercise off my feet as much as possible BUt I could still work - I bled from 5-9 weeks finally convinced them to add in shots of PIO and stopped bleeding delivered healthy

this time I bled the day of my first beta I was so sure bad news.  I bled again I am not sure what week and they said subchorionic bleed.  I am now 20 weeks

best of luck
Hi There i am also doing IVF i also just had a m/c @ 10 weeks how many transfers after ur m/c did u get pregnant again i was told to wait for 2 periods before trying to use our last frozen embryo
Vonny12: I had another transfer recently in the beginning of this month and I am now pregnant again, however they did not make me wait two periods, as soon as my period showed up I started IVF meds again, I didnt freeze any eggs the last time so I had to start from scratch. But this time we retrieved 22 eggs with 17 fertilized I got back 3 and Froze the rest also this time around all except 5 were in Excellent condition. Which was better than the last time where I only had 5 good ones out of 20. So good luck and I will keep you in my prayers. It will work I am sure.
I hope u be pg this time. Im in 2nd day of transfer.