Maternal & Child Community
IVF pregnancy - bleeding and worried; transfer was on June 2nd; this is...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

IVF pregnancy - bleeding and worried; transfer was on June 2nd; this is the 1st time I'm bleeding- any advice?

The IVF transfer happened on June 2nd; my first HCG was 1225 (June 18th) second HCG was 2431 (June 20th). I haven't had any spotting or bleeding at all until today.  Color is dark; I had a pretty decent size clot. Ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow, but this is freaking me out.  This is my 3rd IVF cycle.  1st cycle was twins, miscarriage at 17 weeks; 2nd cycle using frozen embryos - didn't take.  Any advice?  Is this normal?
It's not entirely abnormal.  I'd lie down and drink a lot of fluids, only getting up for meals and the potty, if you can arrange it.  Then go in for your u/s tomorrow.  One clot does not a miscarriage make, but it's better to baby yourself a little bit now so you won't have anything to reproach yourself with later if it turns out negatively.  I had bleeding during my early pregnancy with IVF and now I have a son.
I know it's scary but i wouldn't panic yet. I did ivf and am now 28 weeks pregant. I remember I had breakthough bleeding around 7.5 weeks. Just a little at night one night but it was all shades of red, so I was terrified. My DH and I barely spoke until we got tto the ultrasound and found out our little one was still there and her heart was beating strong.

I also think after the procedure they saw some "old blood" in my uterus at my 7 week ultrasound which eventually went away.

Good LUck! The whole ivf process is hard on a poor body. Keep us posted~
Thanks for your response.  I ran across this site when looking for info on bleeding.  I've been reading through the forums and find it not only helpful but comforting to know there is someone out there who understands.  Congratulations on your son!  
My sister bled through her trimester with both her pregnancies and now they are 13 ad 15 years old!  Congratulations on your pregnancy and very very Best of luck to you!  (am doing in vitro myself, so I think i know how you feel...)
Bleeding stopped last night around 10pm; no cramping. Just returned from drs appt.  Mixed reviews. u/s showed sac; no fetal pole or heart beat.  Dr. says sac is measuring small @ 5w1d when I should be about 6w.  He's worried due to combination of bleeding, size of clot, no fetal pole.  I have another u/s scheduled for next Monday.  Cautiously optimistic at this point.  I've read a few postings for others who have experienced the same thing, but ended up ok. Wish me luck!
Hi, I know what you are going through, I had a transfer 10 days ago, one good blastocyst, and started bleeding monday after 7 days, lots of brown discharge and some blood. I also got a clot yesterday and now I have stopped bleeding and had a positive pregnancy test. I am pretty sure that this is not going to work. I went for HCG blood test yesterday and the levels are good and going again tomorrow. This is such a rollercoaster of emotions, any advice ?
please let me know, it's been exactly 8 days since my embryo transfer, and now I am bleeding.  It is usually the time I get my period.  Does this mean my embryos did not hold?

It is not spotting, it is regular bleeding with slight cramps.

please help me know.
Hi,I had my 2 Embryo implant 10 days ago and I started having a pink discharges after an abdominal cramp.It doesnt stops ,yesterday i had a severe abdo cramp again and the discharges are red blood wd tiny blood clots and cramps. its not a menstrual symptoms for me because I ussually have a profuse menstrual bleeding wd a lot of tissues in it but now its just a small red blood sometime turned to light pinkish red and brown and mucus like consistency its not continous its just after a cramp.this is my 3rd day now of abdominal cramping and bleeding and I am worried tom is my pregnancy test in the Infirmary.  I am on Cycloget pessaries twice a day.Is anyone has simillar symptoms?
i had transplant on February 11th.  I had to stop my estrogen patch due to dizziness.  I had brownish discharge on friday but last night Tuesday, I had blood. Monday I cramped and just knew my period was coming.  Tuesday little cramping and then the blood at night. Not real red but enough to send me emotionally over the hill.  My first pregnancy test is on Friday.  Has anyone had slight bleeding without having to use anything and still be pregnant.  I am 36 and had 3 embryos transferred and they were 8 cell embryos.