Maternal & Child Community
I'm ALWAYS Hungry!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I'm ALWAYS Hungry!!

This is my 1st pregnancy and will be 17 weeks tomorrow. I know that "pregnant woman love to eat" it's something you hear even when your little. But I NEVER thought it would be like this. I am ALWAYS hungry, and it's starting to make me feel like I'm not eating enough. I read eveywhere that you only need an extra 300 calories a day which really doesn't equal that much more food, so I don't see why I'm like this.  Anyone else going through the same thing? Can you eat a 3 course meal 3 times a day? I know I can!! And it's not because I crave it, it's because I'm truely hungry and get rumbles in my tummy. Am I not eating the right foods? Anyone have tips? It seems this child is just like it's father and has a bottomless stomach!
I feel the exact same way!  I can eat 2 eggs and toast for breakfast and one hour later it is like I didn't eat. I am starving. I feel like I need 300 extra calories per meal :) I am not fat but I eat like a fat person. I have tried increasing my fiber and protien intake, but it hasn't made much of a difference. My husband is scared of me because I also get irritable if I am hungery. This is my second pregnancy and I didn't feel this way with my first. I needed to eat more, but now I am ravenous (sp?).  I am 16 weeks 4 days.  I am hoping it doesnt get worse because honestly I am tired of packing snacks and constantly having to find food that sounds good.  I was really sick nauseous all day long until the last few weeks. So I started out eating a lot because eating was the only time didn't feel like I was going to throw up. Sorry to ramble on, but just glad someone else is feeling this way. I am scared to see how much weight I will gain this time!
I was the same way and I think it perfectly normal. I would eat and eat and eat, but I never really gained all that much weight in the end, which I thought was crazy since I ate all the time. I ate healthy and still was hungry. I have to say I didn't eat healthy all the time, but tried to. I always felt like I was thirsty too. Like I just couldn't get enough to drink. I think you are fine:) Good luck with everything and congrats!
my first preg and current preg were like this. in the first trimester i would get nauseously sick if i didn't eat. it seemed like every 2-3 hrs i was eating. w/ my 1st preg in the end i was at my starting weight. this time around, currently 15wks, at my 2 and 3rd apptmnts i had gained a total of 10 lbs. i began to think i was going to blow up this preg. then at my 12wk apptmnt i lost 6lbs and 2wks later i had lost another 4lbs.

i had a boy last preg and last wk i had an u/s and i think it is a boy again.

when my sil was preg w/2nd child she had same symptoms, it was a boy.

hmmm.....
i am always that way have been since i was 10-12w along. that is why i try to eat something at least every 1&1/2-2 hours. that way i for one dont get too hungry and two so i dont get sick. then again i have some days i have to make myself eat bc i just dont get hungry! (go figure, i guess i am just strange) dont worry too much as long as it is atleast somewhat healthy and watch your weight. good luck girly.;)
Enjoy it now, because in few week heartburn hits, and really bad indigestion.  And then I am now in my 3rd trimester and i can barely eat two bites before I feel like I am so stuffed, that I'll puke.  I can hardly eat a whole happy meal from Mcdonalds.  I also have gestational diabetes.  So I have to cut back alot on what I eat.  We love food alot, but can't really enjoy it anymore at this point.  Good luck
Seems like I am hungry a lot too.  What's the deal...I eat healthy and all but there are somethings I can't get enough of.  Green olives, mild banana pepper rings, tomatoes, salads with italian dressing.  In fact I am eating a sald right now with all that stuff on them.  I can open a jar of olives and just start popping them in.  YUM!  I don't want sweets at all.
I feel for you......I can't stop. I eat 3 lunches a day!
With my 4th child ( a boy and the biggest ) I was working midnights and stopped to get something to eat while at work.  Well, I felt like roasted chicken so I got one thinking I would use the leftovers for lunch, but sat down and ate the whole chicken in one sitting!  I think I ate more than 300 extra calories a day!!!!  He was not my biggest as far as birth weight goes, but after, he has grown the biggest and fastest, dont know if that had anything to do with it?
I am 10 wks and ALWAYS hungry ! I was the same way with my first ( boy) . I am not sure but i was thinking that maybe it is my bodys way of trying to get more nutrition by making me desire more intake in an attempt to gather more vitamins/minerals. So i decided i would start taking other suppliments other then my pregnacy multi.
I am now taking five other suppliments and have found my hunger is not so  bad ...i can go for a few hours without needing food now - kinda starting to feel normal again . This may just be a coincidence....perhaps just a theory :)
I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my 1st and for the past week I'm always hungrey. This morning I had 4 eggs, cheese, whole wheat toast, yogurt, fruit and a big glass of juice. 2 hrs later it was like I never ate. I'm 5'3" 118lbs always ate healthy so I don't understand this! It's as if, if I don't eat it's feels like I'm gonna die,  I get all nervous, and agitated. I'm also taking supplements.... I don't wanna get fat, but this baby is determined to get me eating! Please tell me it's normal.