I'm driving myself crazy
I stopped taking the birth control pill in December, after about 12 years. I got my period as usual (after 25 days, always) in January, and haven't had one since. It has been 33 days.

I took a HPT two days ago, when I was 1 week late, and it was negative. I'm not feeling any of my usual period-coming signs, and I'm completely exhausted.

I could really use some words of wisdom - I've checked with my texts books and one of my nursing school professors, but everyone has a different answer.
Hi!
Since you were on pills for 12 years, and came off it in December, you could have got withdrawal bleeding one month, and then post pill amenorrhea (loss of periods). This can persist for up to six months of stopping the pills. Meanwhile ovulation can return anytime or may return after your periods start.
Hence, if urine test was negative, in all probability it is post pill amenorrhea. You can take ovulation prediction tests to see if you are ovulating. If you are not ovulating, then you cannot become pregnant. However, if ovulation resumes before your periods do, then you can conceive before your periods start. Please consult your gynecologist for this. Take care!