Maternal & Child Community
I'm in my 6th week of pregnancy and bleeding!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I'm currently in my 6th week of pregnancy. 2 nights ago my husband and I had intercourse. Right after when I would go to the bathroom and wipe there was a light pink colour. I thought nothing of it and went to bed. As the night progressed and I went to the bathroom, the same light pink colour when I wiped would occur. I wasn't too worried as I know this can be normal after intercourse. When I got up, I noticed the light pink colour was now red and I had blood clots. This is usually only when I go to the bathroom, when I`m not at the bathroom just a little spotting occurs. This got me very worried so I called my OBGYN ( at this point I still had not seen him he could only see me the next week) however since I called and said I was bleeding he took me in that same day. During my appt he asked for a urine test, advised me that if I didnt stop bleeding to come back in a week. However should it stop I would not need to see him for another month. He took me off prenatal vitamins but told me to continue with my folic acid and asked me to go for a blood test. Since I seen the doctor, (yesterday) I have not stopped bleeding, I wouldn`t say it`s worse but it`s also not better. I have no cramps or pains. I went for my blood test this morning and should get my results within a few days. I am very worried and stressed and I am not sure if this is making matters worse. Should I go to the emerge and request an ultrasound? or is it too early? Should I wait for the blood test results? Some help would be great as I am extremely nervous and worried
I would say try not to worry until you have some confirmed results but I know that is always easier said than done.  The first 12 weeks of my pregnancy were the worst!  I was stressed out about everything and you always worry and think the worst is happening.  I would think that if your doctor were more concerned about it he would have asked for an ultrasound immediately to see if he could see the sac implanted now or not.  Since he didn't, I would assume that you are going to be ok until you have the proof that something isn't.  Stay possitive until that next appointment.