Maternal & Child Community
I'm not getting pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I'm not getting pregnant

Hello everyone,
I had a still born baby in March at the 22nd week. I had had 3 miscarriages before. It is very had to get over this one but we hope time will get us through.
We've been trying for the last 4 months and am not getting pregnant which is starting to worry me. I have heard there are vitamin pills that may help but I do not know their name nor where to get them. Does anyone know about these pills or any other means that may help us?
I will be gratful for any suggestions.
Jude
Hi there, sorry you're having such a hard time. There's alot of us around here that have been trying for a long time. The pills I've read about are Vitex (chasteberry), you can also drink red raspberry tea. These are both helpful for fertility, hormonal balancing, PMS, bleeding and strengthening your uterus. It all around helps the female reproductive organs. Do a search on the web for them. There's lots more too. I just starting on these two a month ago and I'm waiting for my AF to come, I'm 2 days late now but I'm getting BFN on my HPT's. Anyway, you can also try drinking lots of water, grapefruit juice, eating baby carrots and stay laying on your back with your bum on a pillow after sex for roughly an hour or just stay in bed for the night. If you are having sex every day, you may want to try every other day, this lets DH's sperm count replenish. Those are my tricks anyway. Maybe someone else could add to this. Good luck.
Hi Jude-I am sorry for your losses. I know it's painful.
There is a book called, "Herbal for the Childbearing Year" by Susun S. Weed. It has lots of different herbs that are good for toning your uterus, promoting fertility, etc. I ws told about it by a few women, including a couple of midwives.

Best of luck.

Twinkle
Hello everyone Im new on this forum but would like to ask a question Im not getting pregnant is a very common issue for  alot of people. I had a misscarriage 5 weeks ago and have to wait 5-6 months to try again, but because I hardly got pregnant the first time Im really scared now. I still havent had my cycle and am wondering if thats normal. what should I do if I continue through the next few days or weeks with no cycle?

It's normal to not have a period for up to 6 weeks after a miscarriage. If you don't start in a week or so, you should go see your OB/GYN.
Thankyou so truly for your help and advice. I come from a non english speaking country and hardly have used the computer or the internet, so please no offense with the spelling or if Im not using the forum properly. Anyway, my problems with the worries on my getting pregnant start because of my low faith with the docs in mz country. I dont know why I Had a IUFD (No medical expanation was given to me)  they didnt show support so I  dont know if they knew the reasons. My baby died at 13 weeks but I had been 17 weeks pregnant when I found out. at 13 weeks I had a cerclage and the night before an  U/S and everything was fine.  So my real question and concern is could anesthesia have caused this? Anyone with any knowledge or their thoughts of comfort I would apprecciate it. Once more thanks again for advice on my cycle still didnt get it. after everything and the d/c Im pretty scared. thanks again Stacie30, hope to hear from you.
Thanks for your help and encouragement.
I got the Vitex pills and hope things will be okey. I know there are lots of women who have been trying for longer than I, but the waiting can be hard on the nerves and one tends to feel helpless.
Im new to this and im 18 ive been tryn to get pregnant and my periods are irregular but my last one was july10 2007 and ive been feeling bloated and having abdominal pain and a brownish discharge just a lilttle tho, but i get dizzy and have bad headace and stomach pain and i took a pregnancy test and it was negative what could be wrong plz help me
Hello every one i am new to all this but need to speak to people who understand! Iam nearly 23 and my partner and i have been trying for a little one for almost a year! With no sign of anything! I am getting very upset and depressed as lots of people i know are telling me they are pregnant and it's very upsetting for me and i seem to get so jeleous.
I am taking folic acid and are trying at the right times but still no joy.
I really thought i was this month because i have not come on but i did a test this morning and it was negetive. So that was a great kick in the teeth. Both my partner and i have good jobs and have brought a house together so we are ready. What can i do? Shall i go to the doctor? Please help! x
your pretty young and for most couples it takes a year for them to conceive. your young i would say you dont need to go to a fertility doctor just yet
Kim, this girl probably had her kid  already..... post is a year old.... ;)
and original thread was created in 2003!!!!!

hmmm
nah i was talking to sami1989 who posted 4 hours ago
hehehee oh.....

forgive my lack of sleep then... ;)
lol its ok!
my name is endia ,and i been trying for two years .i,m 21 . me and my hubby  have a house, good jobs ,and we are ready for a baby , but nothing seems to happen. I had a miscarrage (miscarriage) back and 06 ,had two surgerys.i Ijust don't now whats wrong ,I even took fertility pills someone please help me.
I have had 4 miscarriage . I have now been with my new man for 3 years now he have 2 kids already and I can not get pregnant at all by him I have done all the tricks that I can think of it fill like I am been punsh for something. My baby sis is now pregant and out of my sibling im the ony one with no kids and its 7 of us. Its not fair but okay could somebody tell me what to do or what type of help that I may need. Thanks!!!
Hi, honey, first of all, if you want to re-post this as a new thread, go ahead because adding to an older thread does not always get a lot of answers.

As far as what to do -- if you have had 4 miscarriages, on any health insurance plan you are qualified to be worked up by a specialist in infertility.  Both you and your husband will get examined and the doctor will tell you what steps to try next.  What they will do depends on what the problem is.  I am also one out of a lot of siblings who had no luck getting pregnant for years and years when my sisters popped out babies all the time, so I know how you feel.  Don't wait another minute, call your ob-gyn and ask for a referral to an infertility specialist (a reproductive endocrinologist often would be the one you see) and go from there.  
I need somebody's advice.. I am now 30 yrs old.Had a miscarriage two years before.after the miscarriage we decide to give break....Now we have been trying to get pregnant for the last 4 months....till now no luck...
I am kind of worried now...feeling a bit sad when I see other kids..
help...
can any body tell me why i'm not getting pregnant as well as my all reports are clear like me my husband is also fit can any body help me for that, there is 2 years past to our marriage. thx
I've been on the pill for 3yrs and  have been ttc for 5 months now and no luck. I've been taking folic acid and OPK's and nothing. It's frustrating...any advice?
I got abortion before 1 yr. i'm trying to get pregnant.but no positive results.i had urine infection during my abortion.is that reason? i have white discharge,my huby feels bad during sex.he complaints that i'm fat & getting tensed during my periods that is the reason for not conceiving????????