Maternal & Child Community
Implantation Bleeding and Ectopic Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I had some implantation bleeding (dark brown/red) two days before I expected my period, however, my levels are not rising like they should. In 5 days (Wednesday to Sunday), they went from 80 to 112, a 32 point jump, and from Sunday to Tuesday, from 112 to 163, a 51 point jump in two days.

The doctor suspects because my levels aren't rising like they should be, I may have an ectopic pregnancy. Is it possible to have implantation bleeding if the egg implanted in the fallopian tube?
No not if it implants in the tube. If it implants in the top corners of your uterus (called a cornual ectopic) you can still have implantation bleeding.I hope things take a turn for the better and everything works out. Good luck to you.