Maternal & Child Community
Implantation Bleeding or Something Else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

To begin, My cycle hasn't been very regular since this time last year. I've taken plan B and been extremely stressed out over the course of the last six month, although things have smoothed out and got a lot better in the last month.
My period is usually mild flow with terrible cramping, but only lasts about 2 days of actual bleeding and then another day of faint spotting.

Last month, I was a week late; pushing my estimated period date this month to 4/1. A couple of days ago, I went to the bathroom and there was bright red blood on the paper. A lot of blood. Like enough that I thought I started my period. I put in a tampon and went about my day, went to change it later and the tampon was totally clean. I have had no signs since, not even the slightest bit of spotting.
For the record, my period did something similar last month, started and hen stopped completely, but then started up again a day later.

I've had all my usual symptoms, breaking out, bloating, and moodiness; but I've also been feeling kind of ill. Granted, whenever I get sick; It's right as my period is about to start and the weather here keeps jumping from 50 one day to 85 the next and killing me with allergies.

I'm just terrified with the idea that it might have been implant bleeding, but everything I have read states that it's usually a light flow and with mostly spotting of pink or brown discharge that continues for longer than a single time. I've had neither symptom. period
And in all honestly, I don't know -where- the blood came from. I just assumed I was on my period.

Thanks in advance for any help.