Maternal & Child Community
Implantation Bleeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Implantation Bleeding?

Can someone tell me round about when implantation bleeding occurs.  I have heard so many different things on this.  My thing is that last week 5 or 6 days after ovaulation I had some dark reddish colored discharge.  Didnt last long at all.  I wont test till next week because af wont get here till the 25th.  I feel for anyone that has ever had a mc.  Noone really understands till it happens to you.  Me and dh have been ttc since oct. 27 after mc.  Baby dust to all!!
Though NOT common, implantation bleeding occurs anywhere from 6-12 DPO. It doesn't last long either. It sounds like that's what you've experienced but I guess only time will tell. Good luck with your BFP. DH and I suffered a m/c and had to have a d&c Nov. 8 and we've been ttc since. Good luck.
Feel your pain with the m/c (nov.5th, d&c on 8th) and trying to conceive again.  we recently had a setback yesterday.  dr. found a polyp in my uterus that formed from the pregnancy and an enlarged cyst on ovary.  have to go in for surgery in two weeks for them to be removed.  finally had the two af i was waiting so we could ttc in two weeks.  i have reg. 28 day cycle.  it gets so frustrating.  i threw my new BTtherm across room. won't be needed again for awhile.  the longing for a baby is so overwhelming.  i know you ache like i do and it helps to have people put there who can feel your pain.  wishing baby dust to you all and brighter days for all of us.
I know exactly what your talking about I had a m/c on nov 17. I didnt have a d&c done the doctor said that I could pass on my own. But to me it sounds like implantation bleeding I have never had it but I have heard it is like that. DH and I are ttc again maybe it will happen for us too.. Hope you are pregnant and dont get your hopes up it will happen. Good Luck and God Bless!!! Baby Dust to everyone********
Hello!  It sounds like implatation bleeding to me.  I experienced the exact same thing.  I ovulated and 6 days later had a reddish-orange spotting for a couple of days.  I had a miscarriage in August and then had the spotting in October after ovulating.  I read everything about implatation bleeding and heard a mixture of things--many saying it was uncommon, but it did happen to me and now I am 17 weeks pregnant!  I hope it is for you too!  I know the time after my miscarriage was so hard--all that waiting, because you just want to be pregnant again so bad.  I had a very emotional couple of months.  I really wish this is your time to be pregnant too!  I feel for you---let us know!  Try to relax and keep busy the next few weeks until you cycle is over!  Many blessings!
I just have a question, it may sound stupid, but when you guys talk about spotting, is it just when you wipe or is it continuous like you could wear a pad all day and still be able to wear the next.  (hopefully you don't :-)
Sorry about my spelling of--implantation!  You probably understand anyway!
if you are spotting, or experiencing implantation bleeding, you should not even have to wear a pad. it will only be there when you wipe. if it is implantation, it can be pink/red, very light, and lasts from 24-48 hours. It happens around 8 DPO give or take two days.  it is not overly common although some women do get it.
Thanks for everyones advice.  Im still waiting to see if af shows.  Will know on Wed or Thrus.  My bbs are really sore and im also very tired.  But im not gonna get my hopes up.  My b-day is on fri so this will be the best present I could ever have.
I need help/information.  I had a mc on 12/8 and am ttc.  AF is supposed to come this Sunday but yesterday I spotted and thought maybe AF was here.  Spotting was very little and only showed up when I wiped.  It was accompanied by mucous.  Now today there is nothing.  Could this possibly be implantation?
Hello All,
I had an abortion on Jan 7th and since Jan.27th I've been having unprotected sex.  Yesterday and this afternoon I noticed that I had dark brown discharge in my panties and then it stops and then when I use the bathroom again and go to wipe its there again.  In my mind I think my lower back is hurting but then the thought goes away. Does this sound like implantation bleeding.  But I dont know if I had a period or not since the abortion.
I had some bleeding on the 12-13 of Feb. it was not very light 4 the two days but it had a pink colour instead of the regular deep red. Since then,I have a constant feeling of being nauseus. Do u think that was implantation bleeding since my period usually last a full 4-5 days. I have since taken two hcg tests that does not seem conclusively negative. so when is the best time to take one to find out
Hi everyone,

I had miscarriage on February 3, 2006 and since then i been bleeding contanstanly non stop for over a month now since my miscarriage and sometimes my bleeding is heavy and my problems is that i have check myself in pregncy test within a week of my miscarriage and the result is positive, even though i am still bleeding.
Does anyone out there have the same expirence i have right
now.

thank you guys for your response

Honey13
We have been TTC for over a year now, all our tests show normal as far as myself and husband.  The last 2 months my cycle has been really weird, here one day and gone the next.  Could this be considered implantation bleeding?  I am confused and we really want to have a baby.  It seems everywhere you look someone is pregnant or just had a baby.  Does anyone have any advice?  Thanks for your time.
hi guys, my husband and i have been ttc for about six months, my period is due today, but no sign yet! i havent had much pain leading up to it as usual just random aches in my lower abdomen. at the toilet this morning there was a very small i mean tiny orangey red type thing on the paper.. just wondering when implantation occurs can it be around the time of a due period?
MY implantation bleeding was orangish also and there when i wiped and than gone. mine happened at about 7 dpo, but i have read on babycenter that it can happen about or around the day your period is due. I am not actually due till tomorrow, but found out on weds that i am pregnant. Take a test! just dont take the $tree test, those dont usually show up for a while. at least that is my experiance with them. keep us posted! best of luck to you and dh!
Btw, if it dont show up, and you still dont get af, test again mid week. because after implantion is when you start producing the hormone and it may not show up for 3 - 4 days!
thanks heaps. had very little blood today. had a few cramps though! its just weird that af is due today.. i thought implantation came before your expected period.. oh well just have to wait and see!! congratulations on your aswesome news! good luck!!
OMG I AM HAVING SAME THING! IMPLANTATION BLEEDING.I CANT EVEN WEAR A TAMPON AND WHEN I WIPE ITS LIGHTISH PINKISH COLORED AND NOW ITS LIKE ITS DARK ON MY FINGER BUT LIGHTISH PINKISH ON TOILET PAPER.COMMENT ME BACK.MY NAME IS CHELSEA
been feeling bloating, cramping, headaches, dizziness for past 2-3 weeks, was suppose to start a few days ago, and woke up Fri night to pee and had a quarter size bright red blood when I wiped, then SAt. Sun, mon, now Tues. have had brownish spotting when I wipe.  still dizziness and light headaches, but not as bloated .  Breast don't hurt, but fuller.  Could this be implantation bleeding.  I just don't feel like normal period stages at all.
i havent had any implantation bleeding yet...i took 3 home pregnancy tests and 1 urine preg test and all came back positive......am i pregnant?....i know its silly
I was due for my period on 22nd of august but ended up having a very light period on 16th august and it lasted 4days. Since 29th I've had really sore nipples, If I touch them they feel bruised but the rest of my breasts are not hurting. Also I've been having really bad heart burn for a few days and back ache at the same time. I don't want to get my hopes up either but I have calculated and it seems that my period might have been implantation bleeding I'm not sure as I have never been pregnant before but really do want to have a baby. Any advise will be greatfull thankyou Anna x