Maternal & Child Community
Implantation bleeding or symptoms from quitting birth control

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am having a hard time telling the difference between implantation bleeing or my birth control. Last month, I quit using my birth controll due to the fact I'm ready to start on my 2nd child. I have had unprotected sex every since. Last week I started spotting pinkish / brownish discharge that lasted about 4 days with cramping that felt like your normal period cramping. I am suppost to start my period today but havent yet. I have taken 4 hpt and all negative. I do have all the symptoms of being pregnant. I'm constantly hungry and I'm really tired no matter how much I sleep. I just feel pregnant. I would like to get someone else's opinion.
Does'nt quitting your bbc pills cause your period to be a little thrown off at first? However I missed my BBC pills 2 days 9 years ago and my daughter was born.
Well I would say if you have tested and they are negative your not pregnant...Being on the pill then going off throws your cycle in whirl....The pill controlled your cycle monthly  then all of a sudden you stopped taking it..
Did you quit your pills prior to finishing the whole packet.  This would probably trigger your body to ovulate and you may just be pg.  If you finished the packet and then stopped taking the pills, I would guess the same as the other ladies that your period is just off some.  I was on the pill prior to getting pg with each of my 3 children and it took about 2 to 3 months to get pregnant and to ovulate timely.  I would think it probably is your body trying to adjust without the pill and you will start your period soon.  But, maybe not, one never knows.  Good Luck.
Well I have been on Ortho TriCyclan for about 4 years and then my doctor switched me to the Nuvaring. I only stayed on it for a month and took it out. I am allergic to it. So I was messed up from stopping the pill and going on the NuvaRing already and then was messed up when I stopped the NuvaRing. I think I was suppost to start my period today. I'm going to wait until the end of the week and if I haven't started I will take another hpt. Thanks for your comments.
I was on the pill for 8 years and went off on July 4, 2004 and now I have a ten week old little boy.  I got pregnant on July 22 (estimated), 2004.  I did get my period a couple of days after I quit taking them (I quit in the middle of a pack).  Maybe you are.  You said this would be your second and you "feel pregnant", so maybe you are.  You know your body.  Test again in about a week if AF doesnt show.  Good luck!
Okay when did you do the 4 hpts???
If you had some "implantation" bleeding (last week I think it would show up on the test this week

Well wait a bit and re test yourself again.
I took two tests while I was still bleeding and the other two the day I quit and then the day after that. I am going to retest at the end of this week. I was suppost to start AF yesterday but didn't and I don't feel like I'm fixing to. Thanks for your input.
Well I took another test today and it was clearly negative so I'm just going to keep trying.
Well if you have taken at least 5 or more test now I would say your not...Save yourself some money!
Make a doctor appointment  He can do blood work which is accurate 100%
But I would say after all of that you werent that your going off the pill has screwed things up..Let it get out of your system for about 2-3 months then start trying
I am was on the birth control called Yaz.  I took the dummy pills and started a new pack.  I took about three of the pink pills of the new pack and then stopped because my husband and I want to try for our second child.  I started bleeding for about 4 days.  heavier then when I had my period on the dummy pills.  When I stopped bleeding my husband and I started to try.  I am trying to find out when am I ovulating.  Should I take the date from my first bleeding on the dummy pills (June 30-5) or my second bleeding when I totally stopped the pills (July 11-15).  I feel pregnant because my hunger has increased and I feel boloted.  What do ya'll think?
Wow, I cannot believe I found your post, I have the exact situation happening to me! But I had a c-section July 14th 2006, and they put me on BC for irregularity. So, anyway I was only on for 1 straight month, and then I quit my BC pill early because we are TTC # 2. (I don't even know what number pill I was on in the 2nd pack when I quit) but I had a period June 30th, and it lasted 5 days...and this was just before I quit the pill. Once I quit the pill, I had a period July 16th. I thought I felt myself ovulate on the 26th of July, but I was apparently wrong because I have tested for a week now and all are negative. My friend told me to wait until I was at least a week or two weeks late to test again, so that will be next week. Through my research I have gathered that it can take 2 or 3 months to go back to normal, but I still have a feeling I am pregnant. I guess we will see, but I would go by the last period you had on July 11th. I also read about implantation bleeding, so does that mean that the period you start after you quit BC is not really a period? I guess if I am not pregnant this time around, I am going to give myself till october to return to normal, and TTC then. But it's alll just so confusing. According to starting my period July 16th, today I would be 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Did you take a pregnancy test yet, I see this post is almost a month old. Just curious if your cycle came again or if you are pregger! Goodluck :)    It only took us 2 months to get pregnant the first time around, and I had never had an irregular period so I am just hoping everything is fine with me and that I will go back to normal soon, and that I am just being impatient.
Hi, I was on birth control for 6 years and I came off of it 4 months ago because me and my husband wanted to try to start a family. No luck yet... Could it be because of me being on birth control for so long? Does it normally take a while to get pregnant after coming off of the pill? I am getting a little discouraged.
okay i know this is kind of a weird ..maybe even grose question but we are all girls here.. ever since i have been on the pill and my husband cums in me.. it always just runs right out.. so i was wondering does that always happen .. or is it just when your on the pill..?
Sarah7 that's ironic the same thing happens to me and I've always wondered why it happens and it has concerned me regarding being able to conceive or not! I think it's just gravity, though!  oh, i'm not on the pill, either, so i don't think that's it!
I was on generic Ortho for 5 months. I quit in the middle of the pack and a few days later got my period; it was completely normal. Normally ovulation occus mid cycle (approximately 14 days after the first day of your period) but I THINK I ovulated 9 days after. I know u can ovulate early after quitting the pill but Im not sure if that is when I ovulated. If that is when I ovulated then 4 days after then I got REALLY bad cramps. They didnt last long but throughout the day when I became active they came back. I have had minor cramps off and on since. Is it possible to have implantation cramps only after 4 days after ovulation? It is now 8 days after I think I ovulated and 4 days after the initial cramping. My period is due in 11-14 days. I took a test but it was negative. I just think the whole thing is weird but then again birth control can mess u up.
Hi Everyone,
I missed the first week of my pill pack. I think I ovulated on day 9 or 10. Had sex on Day 14 and now it's day 24. I expect my period on Day 28 or 29 but I'm sooo nervous about being pregnant. I'm 32 years old and am engaged, but, as much as I want to be pregnant one day, I'm scared of the possiblility now. I've never been this irresponsible EVER and am hoping that the 13 years I've been on bc will keep me from being prego. Any thoughts? Waiting 5 more days is killing me.
Hey,
I have been taking BC for three months now. Recntly some important stuff has happend and i spaced taking my pills for 5
Sorry...
Hey,
I have been taking birth control for three months now. Recenlty some exciting stuff has happend and has caused me to forget to take my pill. When i realized that i was late on taking them i was already 5 days late, my fiance and i have had unprotected sex between the time i forgot and found out. So now i just stopped taking them, now 5 days later and i have started bleeding and i do not know if it is because i am just having my period early or if i have a risk of being pregnant? Any ideas?
the reason why the *** runs out of you is because you move after the guy cums inside you, it is best to elevate your hips for 15- 20 mins even when the *** comes out the sperm can still travel because there are millions of sperm released in each ejaculation.
I was on the pill for 12 years and just quit 3 months ago.  Right now I'm dealing with bloating and all the symptoms of getting my period including breast tenderness but I'm one week late.  Am I pregnant or just suffering with the changes that come from all of a sudden quitting BC after all of these years?
I think it always runs out my husbands has always ran out of me i thought it was strange when we were younger but its been 7 yrs now and it still does i think its a forever thing..
okay so i'm 17 years old and i've benn on the yaz pill  for about 3 years now. about 2 months ago when i had to go refill it i just didnt go get it for a whole 2 months i wasnt on it then i just recently got it liek 2 weeks ago. my periods when im the pill are usually 4days long and i bleed reguarly. but my 1st period being back on the pill has been light at first and now i've been spotting and sometimes i have a brownish discharge. this has been going on for about 1 week and 3 days now. could it be because of my birthcontrol or could it be because i might be pregnant?? because i was talking to some other people and i've been told there could be a chance it's because i'm pregnant.

please anyone with some advice help me out.
i would really appreciate it.
Hi...
   I just recently started showing all the signs of pregnancy so after 2 weeks of showing the signs I stopped taking my birthcontrol and about 4 days later I started having a lite period this is kinda gross but the 1st day the discharge was a lite pink milky color(i don't think that is normal) now it is red but it still dosn't look normal. Oh.. I have now been on my period for 3days and am still showing all signs of being preg.
i am 17 years old i forgot to TAKE THE BIRTH CONTROLL FOR 4 DAYS THEN I HAD A PERIOD LIKE THING, THEN HAD UNPROTECTED SEX AND STARTING SPOTTING LIKE A DAY AFTER AND NOW I AM VERY VERY EMOTIONAL AND I HAVE HAD BACK PAINS AND I HAVE HAD DIZZIENESS. WATS WRONG?
Just got see your doctor and get a blood test if you are not sure.  Blood test will tell you much sooner than waiting for enough hormone in your pee to find out.  It is much better for you and your baby (if you are pregnant) to find out earlier.  And if you are underage, your doctor cant tell your parents, so don't worry about it.
I was on birh control for 4 years and stopped taking it 6 months ago.  The first three months off of it I had normal periods. The 4th month was 10 days late then the next 2 were normal again.  15 days ago was time for my 6th period without birth cotrol and it still hasnt came.  Can birth control cause you to not have a period after 6 months even though your periods being normal the first few months?
You can be with child and still have a period. Usually, lighter then normal. But, very possible.....
OOPs, sorry wrong person, I meant kdt123
okay so i stopped my birth control 4 days ago, and before then i missed pills, my boyfriend and i have had unprotected sex since i stopped my pill on Wednesday the 30th, he has came inside me for 4 days straight, i have not had any bleeding after taking the pill, and usually if i miss 3 pills, i start bleeding on the 3rd day. could i be pregnant?
Hi All, Im just very confused and dont now whats going on with my body... Basically i was on the microgynon 30 pill for about 5 and a half years, i had my period as normal and started taking my pill again on Monday 3rd March 2014, i then missed a pill on Saturday 8th by mistake and had unprotected sex that night! (well early hours Sunday morning) i then took my pill Sunday 9th and Monday 10th but forgot again on Tuesday the 11th so i decided to stop taking my pill all together mid way through a pack. i then had unprotected sex on the Wednesday 12th and then again last night (17th march) i had a withdrawl (withdrawal) bleed a few days after coming off the pill which only lasted a few days but this morning i have noticed a little brown discharge. could this mean i am pregnant?