Maternal & Child Community
Implantation cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Implantation cramps

How long do implantation cramps last? Do they feel like period cramps? I am on day 24 of my cycle which is normally 32 days long so I think it is too early to be my period. I ovulated on day 14/15 of my cycle so it seems like it could be implantation. Should I have any other symptoms though? The only things I have been experiencing are dizzy spells, cervical mucus, and fuller breasts. All of these could be related to pregnancy or my period though...right? When can I take a pregnancy test? Please help!!!
I am in the same boat as you. Last week I started having what I think to be implantation bleeding & cramps. To me they felt as it I was on the 1st day of my period. From what I have read, you need to take a test a couple of days after you are late.
Yes pg symptoms and AF symptoms are sometimes the same (which really stinks especially if you are really wanting to be pg and then have AF show up).  You can take a test the first day you missed your period.  I however had taken 2 like 4 days before my period was due and had a positive reading.
i would buy an early first response pregnancy tes and u can tes up to five days before , i did and it came out positive, so hope u are pregnant and good luck
Can anyone tell me how long implantation cramps last? This is the second day I have had them but it is 7 days beofre my period so I will be shocked if it is my period. What are implantation cramps like? Do they feel like period cramps?
I agree with Blondie, implanation symptoms, inlcuding cramps, are similar to AF symptoms.  Only time will tell you.  It could also be ovulation cramping if you are ovulating later this month.
Are your cramps about where your ovaries are? Maybe they are swollen when you ovualte your ovaries fill up with eggs and you could expeience some cramping. But I really do hope your pregnant. Any one who wants to become pregnant should be. I wish I was. But it sure is a learning experience. Each time I don't get pregnant I learn a little bit more about fertility. I guess it's my way of dealing with mt losses. I'm sorry when I heard your implation I though you had an IVF done. It's great you can Ovulate on your own. I can too but it doesnt do any good because my tubes are tied they have to do egg retreivals for me. I'm really thinking about getting my tubes untied and forget about these headaches. Try an early responce kit I think it's ept. Or the most affective is a blood test. Good Luck
I am not taking any hormone medications and I didn't go to my doctor for implantation. The only thing I have been taking is a prenatal vitamin and my doctor told me to take those. I have been using the clearblue easy fertility montior for four months now and it has shown "peak" days (ovulation) around the 14-16th day of my cycle every month. I then use ovulation tests as back up and they have always been positive at least one of those "peak" days. I am so thankful I ovulate on my own, and I think I know when it is happening. These cramps were about 9 days after ovulation and lasted for two days...they were gone this morning! So, no a/f yet and I guess I will have to wait a few days to take a preg. test...right? I think I have convinced myself these were implantation cramps and I am hoping to be pregnant!!!
Thank you all for your responses! This was my first time on this site and you all have really helped! Thanks!
Are you taking any hormone medication like Progesterone 8% gel to support your uterus and estrogen? Because progeserone gel will keep you from having your period make your stomach bigger along with cramping and the estrogen will make your breast swell and give you hot flashes and nausea swings. But of course when you have an implantion done, does'nt your doctor automatically do a blood pregnancy test within 2 weeks of your implant. Mine does. My doctor recommends do not take a home pregnancy test but to come in for a blood test. Good Luck
i am suppose to start my period in 5 or 6 days.  I have taken two test and they have both come back negative.  I also am having cramps and a blaoted feeling in my somach for the past 4 days.
What does this mean?
I've started experiencing cramps on 5-6dpo!!!  I'm PRAYING I'm pregnant.  This is actually our first month trying so I'm hopeful.  I've had two other pregnancies, my son (3 1/2) and twins girls (1 1/2)...but I didn't pay attention to the early symptoms because we weretrying for a year for my son (8 weeks when I found out) and the twins were a HUGE surprize!  lol  I took a test when I was 6 days late.  So, I never paid attention.  I had weird lotion like CM for only an hour (HEAVY) on 6dpo...along with the cramping and mood swings.  I'm on CD 24-7 dpo with a 31 day cycle.  I've also been tracking my Basal body temp and I had a dip in it on 6dpo...If my temps start to curse within the next two-three days, then I'm pregnant!! :) *keeping fingers crossed)...  :)  Good luck to everyone and sprinkle lots of baby dust to everyone (even myself)  :)  
Hi I am wondering how long implantion cramps last. Well i have been having these intense cramps for about a week and 3days now not all day just certain times of the day these is no bleeding just cramps. I do know that I am pregnant I just found out 3days ago but i have had two high risk pregnanices and Im just a little scarred that this one could go wrong like my first one. Can anyone help?
I have been trying to get pregnat this is your second month trying, I'm not susposed to get my period until the 10th,but I am either starting my period early or I am having implantion bleeding I feel really bloated as well I hate not knowing it's really driving me crazy I did take a pregnacy test 7 days sooner it sad negtive that upset me alittle but I'm still hopfull thinking and Praying,I don't really feel any other symtoms (symptoms) should I ?
Me and my Partner are trying to have a baby. I  picked up an ovulation kit.  We had sex one day before and one day after my ovulation date. My ovulation date was oct 27.  Yesterday I started getting mild cramping and a fullness in my lower tummy.  Feels like I'm going to start my period, which isn't due till nov 11th.  I reading all the stuff about implantaion cramping, wondering if this could be what it is?  A little hesitant being it feels exactly like my period is about to come?   i sure hope im pregnant.  I hate the long wait.  I'll take a test if I miss my period....Good luck to all who are trying to bring a bundle of joy into this world.
I AM 44 TTC, I DID GET PG FOR THE FIRST TIME  IN 2/09 I HAD A MISCARRIAGE, I HAVE BEEN TTC 9MON AFTER THAT,  I WENT TO FERT CLINIC, AND WAS  PUT ON 50M OF CLOMID, AND OVADRILL INJECTIONS,  ON 12/1  I OVULATED AND HAD IUI DONE, ON 12/6 I WOKE WITH SHARP PAIN IN LOWER RIGHT AB, ACCOMPANIED BY BROWN DISC, I WENT TO DR FOR PROGES LEVEL ON THE 12/7 AND WAS IT WAS 20.5 ALL I NEEDED WAS 20. I TOLD THE NURSE OF MY PAIN SHE SAID IT MIGHT BE IMP CRAMPS, THEY LASTED FOR 3DAYS,  ON 12/8 HAD A HPT IT WAS NEG, I DON'T HAVE BREAST SORENESS ONLY LIL SHARP PAIN EVERY NOW AND AGAIN, I AM DO FOR MY PERIOD ON 12/15, WITH PRAYER AND MY FAITH I EXPECT NOT TO SEE IT FOR NINE MONTHS, ANY ENCOURAGEMENT IS WELCOME, TO ALL TTC, BE BLESSED STAY POS.
Hi, I have been trying to get pg since 6 month now, this time i felt we hit the right ovulation period. after couple of days from my ovulation i have started to feel cramps, like PMS i was sad that it didn't work out, i thought i will get my period etc. but till now i am still having cramps for more than 10 days sometimes tehy can get severe like teh first day of my period. but teher is no bleeding.
I only had one time small brownish discharge 3 days ago, but no period yet. I just called my doctor to take appointment cause i am a bit worried.
After reading these comments i think i will do my PG test tomorrow morning, Hope i will be pregnant

Good luck to all
my cramping started after intercourse lasted for almost an hr had me in the fetal position the next 2 days is was tender n sore bellow my belly button all the way across n dwn both sides by my pelvic bone and today its just sharp pains here and there around by my ovaries what do yal think?
Me and my Boyfriend have been trying to conceive for a year. I have been experiencing sharp pains in my lower stomach just above my legs on the left and right side. This is on and off and only normally lasts for a few minutes but its been happening for around 4 days. I am never very regular on my period and 8 days is the latest i have been, i am now 9 days late and since ovulation i have been getting only a very small amount of creamy coloured discharge everyday. Could i be pregnant? please help
JUst ended my period about 6 days ago I'm on a 30 day cycle and I've been having pinkish brown discharge the past 2 days and woke up this morning with period like cramps....strange because I just had my period. Could Ovulation cramping feel like this?
Did anyone find out they were pregnant with the cramps they were experiencing
im not sure my pweriod ended on jan 11th and im having cramps and pinkins brownish mucus discharge too i been trying to have a baby as well so good luck girl
does anyone ever answer any questions, or only post their own experiences and questions??  its really frusterating to have the same questions as many of you, but to not be able to find any answers, anywhere, just a bunch of women asking the same questions over and over, instead of answers. ughhh.... so lame. i think after i do a hpt, I WILL ACTUALLY BE KIND ENOUGH TO COME BACK AND POST MY STORY, ALONG WITH RESULTS, TO HOPEFULLY ANSWER SOME NERVOUS, SCARED, ANXIOUS NEW MOTHER FEARS AND QUESTIONS!!!!!! good luck to all....
i was just thinking the very same thing..women r very anxious and nervous and you read their stories and you hope to find an ending to the story but NO u just don't hear from them again :(

good luck to all of us..and i wish to know ur complete story :))
So....here's an answer. When I was pregnant I had cramping the same as I would before a period and thought nothing of it. It started about day 25 (28 day cycle). Finally, on day 30 I took a test and it came back positive! I miscarried but the cramps felt a like like af. Sore boobs and all, so there's a good chance that those cramps are in fact pregnancy related. The only difference is that they felt more painful when in fact I usually have them start on the day of af. Good luck! Hope this helps.
I'm here to answer and tell. When We first started ttc I went to the dr.s about a week after ovulating and asked him to give me a pregs test, while I was there, since I had been consistently cramping since ovulation. Did the test and he came back and said "you're not pregnant." I said are you sure, cause I really felt like I had to be. Exactly one week later, took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I cramped the entire time from ovulation well into the first trimester. I now have a  beautiful 3 1/2 yr old son. I was 25 when I conceived him and got pregnant our first month. This time around, I just turned 30 a couple wks ago and have been trying for 3 months now. This month, I am experiencing the same symptoms as with my son, periods due in 3 days, test came out negative. So here I am on pins an needles, looking for answers too, even though I know this scenario. I don't think I will retest until my period is late, I know it's still early in the ttc process, but I'm really getting sick of no lines ;) hope this helps anyone!!!