Maternal & Child Community
Implantation signs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Implantation signs

Does anyone know what Implantation signs may be? Like are there any particular symptoms that someone might get.
If you normally have a 30-34 day cycle and you ovulate between day 16-20 when do you think the best time to take a pregnancy test is? That is after implantation?
My first period was on 11/17 when do you think I should test so I don't get a false negative with a say 34 day cycle?

TIA
Christina
Implantation signs are usually cramps.  I don't know of any others.  I would say to test at Day 30 with a test that can detect hcg sooner.  I used First Response "Test 4 days sooner".  Get a 2 or 3 pack in case it's negative and test again a couple days later.  I am always anxious to take a test, so I just buy a big pack and keep testing until I get a positive or a period.  Good luck!  Let us know what happens.
I am also interested in knowing the signs!  :)  I am on my 2ww and started mild cramps yesterday (very mild, but noticeable?) I have been hoping for spotting...reassurance of implantation, but nothing so far.   I only have one week to go to hpt!!! momttc
I think that I will take a test Friday if I still do not have a period that way it would be 32 days since my last period.
The main thing that is annoying me right now is that  I am peeing every friggin 20 minutes and I am yelling at my dh for every little thing...lol
I was cramping 2 days ago and it suddenly went away yesterday and I starting peeing alot out of nowhere. I remember that real clearly with the other pregnancies! But I don't know maybe I have a UTI? My breasts are tingling and burning a slight bit but not sore to touch. I feel I ovualted around the 5th-8th because of the symptoms. So I am trying to see the best time to take a test without being disapointed if it is a neg. I just wish the period would start or I would know NOW!!
I think I am just as anxious to know your results as you are.  Please let me know when you find out.  It sounds like you are pregnant, but I'm not a doctor.  Maybe I'm just hoping a lot for you!
I don't think I am as of today. I feel like it's going to start because of that gassy/crampy feeling you get right before it comes. I will wait and see later this week I should start or be able to test and be sure. I have a feeling if it does not happen this month it will happen next. It always seem's to take me 2 months to get pregnant when we try. Although I did not try with this last pregnancy, we only had sex like 4 times in august and that is good for me, Usually it takes 2 cycles for me for some reason. But thanks and ill keep my fingers crossed but I am not feeling so lucky suddenly......:(
Oh, and we were not even trying with the last pregnancy either, we were only discussing trying. Funny how it always happen's that way!
With my first pregnancy i clearly remember feeling like i was going to start my period any day, dull abdom ache, back ache, bloating and attitude!  but i never started.  I spotted every 2 weeks for the first 8 weeks..it terrified me every time, but i have a healthy boy, 9 mos old.  TAKE A TEST, WE ARE DYING TO KNOW!!!  :)  hah momttc
How long have you been ttc.  Is this your second one?  The 2ww is the worst.
Yes this will be my 2nd baby.  My son is 9 months.  I had a false pregnancy and D&C, 2 months before i conceived him.  With the false pregnancy, we took clomid.. but after the d&c my cycle was normal and i ended up ovulating on my own.  

We have been ttc since August.  Had my periods induced with progesterone, but I still didn't ovulate.  My DH and I decided to wait until spring, since we found out my sister-in-law is 3 months along.  My other sister-in-law is 6 months... so i was feeling fairly discouraged.  WELL, in the end of November I started a period for some reason?  So we decided to take advantage.  I took 50 mg of clomid days 3-7, and I am now on my 2ww.  I will be 28 days on Saturday...and hoping for a BFP!

Although I am dying to have another baby!!!  I have lost the feeling of being panicked!  And it has all to do with this web site!  I know if the bad happens ( a period) I can come here for support from people who know how that feels.  I have always consoled myself.  I am very successful and very independent?!  But I am learning how wonderful it is to talk with people that also need the support!

So what's your story?  :)  momttc
I am 28 and am trying for my second also.  My husband and I have been ttc since September.  We conceived my daughter so easily, by the second cycle, that I am sort of shocked that it has not happened yet.  I know I am impatient.  

I did have a miscarriage when I was 17,  which was probably a blessing in disguise, although can still be painful emotionally even to this day.  I am also very independent and did not seek support anywhere.  Matter of fact I have only told a few close people and my husband about the miscarriage. It was my high school boyfriend of 4 years and we split up shortly after the miscarriage.

I am so glad I found this board as well.  Even though the miscarriage was so long ago it is nice to know that other women have the same feelings I had then and even still do now.  As far as ttc it is also great and nice to share frustrations of trying to get pregnant.
What is clomid? I have heard of it before but I still do not know what it is.
I have been following your story, what happened. We are ttc our 4th and I am in the 2ww and very anxious
Hi everyone,

DH and I have been ttc since December, I'm 29 and he's 37, we haven't had any luck yet. I'm on 2ww for this month and hoping for the best. I've been charting, so I know we've been trying around the right times. My luteal phase is a smidge on the short side, it was running about 8-9 days so I started using otc natural progesterone cream and now its about 10 days. I've noticed a dull pretty much constant achy cramps this time, so I'm hoping it has something to do with implantation?? Who knows though. I'm about 5 dpo, AF is due in about 5 more days so we'll see. Good luck to everyone trying!
Ps:  sorry to tell everyone but I also have had alot more gas in the last couple of days too, the other thing is I am noticing a werid sensation in my chest cavity like I have butterflies round where my heart is, most of the time its like a fluttering sensation that sometimes makes me breathless for a sec or two, during all my pgs I got breathless just walking up stairs at home! I just wondered if anyone else had experienced similar?

I hope someone can help me, I am 23 and am hoping to get pg this month, this will be my fourth pregnancy after 3 previously failed ones, I went to see a specialist on 18/3 and the internal scan I had done showed I was either about to or had just ovulated, I was also using opk, which showed a surge on 19/3 & 20/3, yesterday 22/3 I had mild but noticeable cramping all day, like my period was coming (but obviously too soon)
today 23/3 it has gone.  (Sorry to be graphic) but I also have alot of discharge for a couple of days. But haven't had intercourse for serveral days, could it be implantation I was feeling? Or is that too soon? Every pg has been different for me, my first ended at 16 weeks, my second at 8 weeks, my third at 6 1/2 weeks.  Don't want to get my hopes up, but would just like some advice if anyone else has experienced this?
I wonder what i'm feeling is implantation...i have gassy/cramping feeling....God I hope I am. I just stop taking the pill march 28 and had my period april 2..we started to try on the 7..is it too early for signs?
i am ttc, and had intercourse on the day prior to the OPK being positive.  What are the chances that I could have conceived?  This will be my second child.
Hi im new to this site and well im engaged to be married and my fiance and i have talked about having a child and really REALLY would love one! We have had unprotected sex every time and i think im finally pregnant but im not sure...ive had spotting for 2 1/2 days and im 2 weeks away from my period...ive never been soooo early with my period...is this implantation bleeding or something else??? im so confused....i really hope and pray that im pregnant but i have no idea...any ideas???
I just recently started having cramps and brown discharge..My period stopped about 1 week ago but i never get a discharge when it ends..i am 18 years old and i have a baby already..but i dont remember if this happened when i was pregnant..Does anyone know if thats what it could be? please help me..
i am new to all of this. myself and my partner of 8 years are trying to conceive another child. my period is 7 days away i have been feeling sick a little and i have also had sum twingy pains in my right side of the overy. could this be implantation? im confused it was 5 year ago since i had my last child.
I am trying to concieve (conceive) my 2 child. I have been geeting cramps on both ovaries, very gassy & pain mid section. I just finished my period. April 27th was the first day of brown spotting & then One day of bleeding. nothing else after words. I have allot of Gas & dont know if that has anything to do with implantation. it has been 10 months of trying to concieve (conceive). have been to a doctor & my husband and I are fine in both dept. please comments on this.
i had my period on the 16th july 08 and still have two weeks til my next 1.ive been gettin cramps for the last two days and am feelin very drained and moody ive looked on so meny sites and they say implantation cramps happen on the left side which is where im getting mine i also have sore nipples . i have been tryin for a while as i had a missed miscarriage in april went for my 12 wk scan but it showed the baby had died at 8 wks 3 days i was heart broken do you think its just ovulation pains im so confused is it to early from my last period to have implantation bec xx
Hello my husband and I have been ttc for 4 years we when to see a doc and this month I was on the fsh shot and clomid and the doc saw 2 good eggs to trigger me to ovulate I got a hcg shot and on the day I did my husband and I got an iui done. I am scared that it will not work I have pcos and don’t do anything girly by myself (period, ovulate ect.) I have had cramping and gassy feelings for about a week now but cant take test for 2 weeks after iui and hcg shot. could that be implantation? Anyone else ever do any of this and did it work for you? thanks.
i am nearly 40 and ttc this will be my 8th i have been trying for 5 mths now i had implantion bleed 5-6dpo can i be preggers
Im just curious if Im preggy or not, i got mens last sept 26, 2010, and it ends last oct 2, 2010, we had intercourse w my husband on oct 11, i had different feelings which i can't explain,the feelings same that i feel 1 week b4 i had mens, i always feel sleepy, craving for food, my lower abdomen and lower back is aching..i had alwys have this feeling as if i just finished running, my legs and shoulders is aching also..i dont know if im just in paranoia..am i pregnant or what? do i need to take a PT now to be sure?
I am 4 days late. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 4 months now. I am having period cramping but no bleeding. Has anyone else expierienced this before? Could I be pregnant? I took a test a day after my period was due and it was negative . Thanks for any comments!
well im on the same boat ur in,  i started my period this month on the 5th and its the 26 now, and i have cramps and bloating. so could i be pregnant>??
Occording to my ovulation calendar yesterday would have been 8 days after ovulation, last night after sex I wiped and there was a decent amount of pinkish brown blood but after wiping 2 more times it stopped I have been experiencing slight headaches , mild cramping,my clothes feel a little tighter , I wake up sweating at night n have been very moody ... But I'm so tired of false symptoms bc we have been trying for 9 months n hate to have a false test when should I test ?