Maternal & Child Community
Implantation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Implantation

Good morning ladies. O.k., I know this has probably been covered on here somewhere, but I need to be refreshed. I ovulated on the 12th, and I know exact b/c I had a shot to force me to ovulate. When will/if implantation occur? Are there any symptoms with this, like crampiness, back ache???? I think I'm in that time frame now, and today I'm bloated and my back is aching???? Anyone that can help, please...........:}
I saw that you had an hsg shoot to make you ovulate, I had mine on the 9th and I ovulated on the 11th.  Did you happen to have a progesterone blood draw done around day 20 of your cycle. If so, can you tell me what your level was.  Mine was 14.3 and I think it's a little to low to concieve (conceive).
Implantation should occur 7-10 days after ovulation. Good Luck!
Shannon
edd 4/14/04
We must have ESP, i just resdponded to your other post. I had the shot on day 13 of my cycle and then on day 20 I had my blood checked and my level was at 22.3. Ob said that it meant that I ovulated very well. If you didn't have a shot and your level was 14.3, I wouldn't worry too much. The norm is 15. I hope this is the time for you!!!!
This is my first month back on the fertility drugs since my miscarriage.  I did have a shot of hsg and my level was still just 14.3.  I was hoping for the high 20 range since my level was 29.1 the month I concieved.
In my opinion with what I've been told by my OB I would still think that you should be able to concieve (conceive). It's not low at all. But you can always call in and ask if the Dr. thinks that is too low. When was your cycle. Mine started 01/29 so I'm hoping to find something out next week.
I do have a call into the Dr.'s, I'm just waiting on them to call me back.  My cycle started on Jan. 30 and I started Follistem on cycle day 3.  My hsg was given on Feb. 9 and I was artifically inseminated on Feb. 11.  I can test on Feb. 28, but something tells me not to get my hopes up too high.  I didn't become pregnant the first time until the 5th round of drugs and our 2nd attempt via artifical insemination.
Wow! Your a lot more extensive than I am. I haven't had to go on fertility drugs yet, so I'm not sure about all the in's and out's of all that. That would be cool though, if we both got pg. We would be due at the same time. I don't know about you but this 2ww is killer. I was asking this morning about implantation. We should be around that time, but do you have any symptoms with that? Aching back, anything??? Mine has been aching and I'm bloated. I'm praying that it's not another cyst. That's my issue, is ovarian cysts. Let me know what the doc says and (((((baby hugs)))) to you!!!!
OMGosh!.....CONGRATS! I knew it, those prog. levels were nice and high! Well, being this early and still getting a faint positive is a good sign.  Wishing you the best.

Good Luck to the both of you!  Stay positive and try not to let all this TTC stuff consume you.  Keep us posted.
O.k., just for the heck of it I took a test at lunch......I got a faint BFP!!! It's 6 days before I'm due to start, so this is kind of scary, but I'm hoping everything is o.k. I hope it's not a false/positive.

Buckeye1- still no word from the Dr.?
Congratulations on you BFP!!!! Even though the test is early if it's detecting it already, I think it is possible that you are pregnant. Keep us posted on your condition we love to hear about these things.
Still no news from the Dr.  But I will let you know what they say once I hear from them.  I too hate the two week waiting game.  I have no implantation symtoms (symptoms) but I had  none the last time I was pregnant.  I had given up hope last time and went to Clearwater Beach, Fl on vacation.  I was drinking and having a great time not knowing I was pregnant all along.  All the way up to the 18 week when I lost the boys did I ever have any pregnancy symptoms other than being tired.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you and lots of baby hugs your way!
Oh my goodness!  It is so strange how my cycle is so close to the both of you!  My cycle began Jan. 29th, just like Emma's and I ovulated on Feb. 11th (according to the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor) and ttc.  I don't know if it is me, but I have very tender (kinda sore) nipples.  I really don't want to jump to conclusions because I once experienced mind convincing symptoms before.  However, I am trying patiently to wait until the 28th, because that should be the first day of my next menstrual cycle.  I keep finding myself wandering over towards the HPT's in the drug store next to my job.  I've been wanting to just try it out and see what it says even though it is early.  Congratulations Emma!  I'm feeling very positive about your reading.  I'm just very nervous about doing one early, because of the huge dissapointment the last experience became for me.  I don't want to get excited about it, and not have it actually be a reality.
Hey TEST! Buy the early response, you should get an accurate reading now, if you ovulated Feb11.  By the way, if you did ovulate on the 11th, then you should get AF by 25, 26th, not 28th.  Your lutal phase is somewhere between 12-16 days.  So you count 12-16 days after Feb11 and that's when expected AF is to come.  YOu must have ovulated just a couple days early this cycle.

TEST!.....just don't let it get to you.  GO in there, expecting the worse (BFN) but hopeing the BEST (BFP).

GOOD LUCK!
I am trying to conceive after many years unhappy in relationships over the last 10+ years. I'm finally settled with a great guy. Hoping to become a mum soon as my clock is ticking away. I'm getting preg symptoms but not Gtng hopes up yet.