Maternal & Child Community
Increased sex drive while ovulating?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Increased sex drive while ovulating?

Sorry if that title was bad, couldn't think of how else to ask it and I was just really curious if anyone has ever experienced this as it is my first time feeling quite this way. I don't know if this is a sign of Ovulation, if so, it has lasted about a week. Weird. I am hoping that maybe it is a sign of early pregnancy, but I have never heard of anything like that. Anyone have any thoughts? Again, sorry by how it sounds.
I wish I had more info for you, but I don't know.  I too have experienced that around the time that I THINK I am ovulating...long story, my question is right below yours in the forum...anyway, if I am ovulating, this week I have really noticed a higher sex drive.  I was thinking that it was jusst because I went off the pill, but that was 6 weeks ago, so I don't know.  I don't think I'm preg, had neg test a week ago at the docs, but I really feel like I did O think week so maybe now I am...the female body is weird though.  Hope that helps a little.
I always have an increased sex drive around the time I ovulate!
Thank you so much for your responses! I will most definately be saying YES, YES and YES! lol :0)

Have a great day everyone!
In answer to your question...yes right around or before ovulation you would be having an increased sex drive. Basically your hormones are telling your brain I'm going Ovulate and your body responds with higher increase sex drive. I feel that way every single month. It's part of nature and part of the reproduction process!!

So enjoy the bd!!!
I just wanted to say that I'm glad that you asked that question.  I have experienced the same thing but I thougt that it was just all in my head.  I guess I'm not the only one!!
Absolutely!! :)
I do too!!