Maternal & Child Community
Infant Neutropenia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Infant Neutropenia

I have a one year old. She has been perfectly healthy, no problems. We have all even now all had the flu but her. However, the only time that she runs any temps is when she is cutting teeth. She has been cutting three molars all at the same time. Now, she recently had a couple of CBCs which show her neutrophil counts very low. I have done some research on the web on neutropenia and perhaps she is experiencing something with the molars - infection wise - or maybe she did get my and my husbands cold. I am taking her to see a hemotologist. I am asking what i should expect and what, in your experience have you seen? Our pediatrician already faxed one lab to a hemotologist who confirmed it was not cancerous, etc, but would need to just double check for the neutropenia. I am a little scared, it took me 8 years to have a child. Please - i will listen to any wisdom that you have regarding the matter.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I came across your post and what you describe match exactly what I am going thru with my 13month old. Her neutrophil level is 200 or 0.2 when it should be between 1000-5200. She is also cutting her molars and has a cold. We go to the haemotologist on Monday for some tests.
I am freaking out as well.
Whatever happened to your little one.
Thanks
Blank
Hello, just found out my 13month has neutropenia too. Her count though has doubled from her last blood test 2 weeks ago (150-350) but still below the normal. Her pediatrican still wants to repeat the test and ordered a few others.  A little nervous but looks good cause it has doubled. Hope your kids are doing well. Keep me updated.
Blank
4782555_tn?1359154017
Hello my names Joshua when I was a baby I always very sick I would be in the hospital sometimes up to three months at a time. Then in 1989 my mom took me to Loma Linda Hospital, and thats where we met Dr, Antranik Bedros. Dr Bedros is one of the best cancer docters in United States. Shortly after we met him he diagnosed Severe Chronic Neutropenia, and I was the first in the United States found with it. Then in 1991 Dr, Bedros had me put on a experimental drug called Neupogen I was the first in world put on the med, I have not yet met anyone who takes its besides me. But I do hear they use it for Cancer now but thats all I know I never met no one with my illness before.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank