Infant Tylenol
Is it safe to give an infant the recommended dosage of infants tylenol daily for an extended period of time?  How long is too long?  

I have a close friend who gives their baby born in April 07 infants tylenol daily, even if they are not crying or complaining.  I fear it is so that they will go to sleep at night and not for pain.  Should I be concerned or is this something lots of mothers do?  

Concerned
i think lots mothers do it, few admit it.  and they usually do it just for that, to make them sleep.  its a horrible thing to do.  you should be concerned, maybe if you point out about all the deaths from benadryl, or cough syrups, you could scare her into stopping it.  not to mention, when the baby does need tylenol, how well is it going to work now?  the baby is going to build up a tolerance to it, and then what is she going to do to make them sleep?
I would be concerned.
Long term use of Tylenol can be associated with liver failure, even if you don't exceed the recommended dose.  Get your friend to stop doing this at once.  
I dunno about that.  I give it to my daughter only when I think something is wrong, granted I'm using my mommy instincts, like her teeth bothering her. Or after she gets her shots and has a fever.  But I dont give it to her regularly.  She is fussy at night often, but I rather wake up with her 10 times a night then give her tylenol just because.
i agree that is very wrong. i once met a woman who openly admitted she gave her daughter small doses of nyquil to knock her out. i told her i didn't think that was okay and she got very defensive. it may not be a comfertable thing to discuss with her, but if i were you i would try and say something. or say something to someone who is closer with her, such as a relative, if possible. as peekawho said, it could be dangerous to the child.

also, with my son, tylenol doesn't put him to sleep. it gives him a second wind. no kidding. i can only give it to him an hour or more before bedtime because he bounces off the walls for at least an hour.