Aa
A
A
Close
Infant bone cracking sound
Hello:
My baby boy is 6 month old and sometimes when he moves his legs I hear a little crack sound, just like a little bone cracking or popping. I'm not sure where it comes from but I've heard it in his legs and sometimes his ankles. It is similar to when you crack a knuckle or stretch your wrists or ankles. It is really worrying me and I don't know what to think. We have a Dr's appt in a couple of weeks, but I'm wondering if anyone else experienced something similar?
C.
Cancel
11 Answers
Page 1 of 1
145992 tn?1341348674
Yep, my son has that to.  He's been cracking since he was a month old or so.  It sounds like when you crack your knuckles.  I thought that I was hurting him but he's fine.  I don't think anything is wrong with.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My DD's joints make that sound as well.  I was told by a physical therapist that joints do that when air fills them.  So when the joint is moved, it makes that popping/cracking sound.  I was told that it's not damaging to their joints and that it's normal in kids.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
189192 tn?1261345228
This is such a coincidence because my son has been having the same joint popping noise and I too was worried that i was causing it or hurting him.  He is only 4wks old and when I pick him up from under his arms sometimes I hear these faint popping noises and sometimes they happen when I just move him around.  I'm so glad to see we aren't the only ones experiencing this.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
don't worry, it's normal to have popping sound from baby's joints. i've taken care of few babys and all of they have that.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1994033 tn?1327044986
how bout sound of bone breaking when baby bends backward? it scared me. please help..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank God i was too worried for my 6 months old daughter as her bone use to produce the same cracking sound when we use to move her hand or leg during massage or while lifting her in our arms.Actually her S.Alk. Phosphate test showed at 225 DU/L. and high S. Alk Phos is normal in children with high growth rate but it can also mean problem in bone,liver,kidney etc also.but since her bone was producing cracking sound so I was worried about her bone.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My 6 month had that happen too. Talked to a Chropractor and he said it was normal for bones to pop even in their back. If they grow fast their bones are trying to keep up with them. Just watch and make sure they are still wiggly from head to toe.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
my daughter is 10 months old and wweighs about 30pds. we have been noticing when we pick her up her back pops.. she is very active and is already walking. its really starting to worry me. we thought it was maybe because of her weight. any helpful thoughts?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
that happened to my bub 2dy when he wiggled back while i was holding him. I was so scared he broke his neck or back....but i made sure he cud stl move his whole body, and he seems fine.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Find a chiropractor that works on babies!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hii
Guys who had this problem and now their child are grown up please hep is it really normal to hear such sound in infant's knee? My baby is only 4 month old and im hearing clicking sound when she is moving her legs.im really worried.
Please help
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Yes it's absolutely normal. My daughter was 3 years old until she stopped having these cracking sounds. I still don't know the reason why these songs came but it's OK.  The baby doesn't feel any pain and these sounds good away by the age of 3
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources